Universal Fable Age (by Blue Tea Games US)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Apr 14, 2014.

1. fableageparmenion

fableageparmenion Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2014
    Yay. Was it a red sacred lotus?

What's going to annoy you is that you're going to have a ton of these late in the game. ;) (I keep about 30 of each just for kicks but I started selling them off.)

2. Vendince

Vendince Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    Yeah, the lotus.

That's life, though I'm sure I'll need more later, so hearing they show up in late game isn't a bad thing. I was soclose to asking you which books they could drop in.

3. Biribeast

Biribeast New Member

May 23, 2015
    3gxhggIVkM
    Would someone please add me as a referral, thank you so much! I will try to add you back I still have my referral!

4. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    The Phoenix Prince - Legendary Quest

So here's my detailed analysis on the Phoenix Prince

Phoenix Prince:
    Health: 26-27 million
    Damage - once per round - around 9200 Fire damage
    Bonus damage - unblockable, not affected by resistance - for every Fire gem you take in, 300 damage

I have beaten the Phoenix Prince several times with various teams (heh heh ... I have a Level 57 Phoenix Prince now with Rank 2 Active).

Base team:
    L120 Midas, the King of Gold
    L120 Snow Queen, Regent of the Ice
    L80 Blazing Witch (I needed to get someone with high Fire resist)
    L100 Rose Red, Lady of the Flame

Easier wins:
    L120 Guinevere, Queen of the Round

More challenging:
    L100 Big Bad Wolf, Tyrant of the Woods

Total fire resistance without friend: 60%
    Total block percentage without friend: 8%

The higher your fire resistance, as in, upwards of 50%, the more room for error. At 60% fire resistance, I was getting hit for about 3685 damage per hit. If you have Big Bad Wolf, you'll have more initial life, but you'll depend on Heart gems for healing and most of the time you'll never be full. The healing rate of the heart gems seems to not depend on the +60% bonus that Big Bad Wolf has (so with the above team, it's about 5% of the base or about 800 health, per Heart gem). It's hard to use Big Bad Wolf's Active (Moonlight Fury, sacrifice 75% of your current health and deal damage) as you'll need a ton of Heart gems around to heal up afterwards.

With Guinevere, Queen of the Round, she does have slightly more base health than Big Bad Wolf but no +60% health bonus. You'll be up around 15500-17000 health depending on potions.

It's very hard to not take in fire gems but I think on average, you can survive 3 hits with a random smattering of Fire gems with Guinevere. Guinevere's passive heals 160 health per link restored so you'll get a little back every turn between number of gems linked plus some based on critical hits, and every little bit helps.

If I had a Crystal Phoenix, I would enchant Fire resistance and sub out on Blazing Witch (probably). Blazing Witch's active reduces armor by 50% and you can only use that once. Crystal Phoenix has slightly less natural Fire resistance (30% vs. Blazing Witch's 35%) and I probably wouldn't use the Crystal Phoenix's Active unless it was to kill -- Wild Gem morph -- turns 10 random gems into Fire gems.

Assume below around 6 fire gems taken in, per round (just a guesstimate on my part) and say around 15000 health
    Basically here's the resistance vs. number of rounds you can survive and thus number of rounds without healing is one less than this

Fire Resistance = 0%, survival rounds = 2, must heal every round
    Fire Resistance = 40%, survival rounds = 3, must heal at least every other round or more frequently

5. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    #1325 fableageparmenion, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
    Seemingly, I can't lose against the Phoenix Prince. Okay ... shouldn't gloat.

The key seems to be 1) high fire resistance and 2) finding a good synergistic team.

I've pitted against the Phoenix Prince:
    L120 Snow Queen, Regent of the Ice (chromatic 11%)
    L100 Rose Red, Lady of the Flame (chromatic 9%)
    L120 Goldilocks, Master of Bears (chromatic 8% + base 20% resist all)
    L84 Apple Witch Queen (Fire resist 13%) or L120 False Prince, the Mad Knight (chromatic 7%)

+ friend of L67 Epic Crystal Phoenix (yay! -- much faster), L120 Guinevere Queen of the Round, or L100 Big Bad Wolf, Tyrant of the Woods

As long as you have your fire resistance up high enough (59% = 3800 damage per hit from the Phoenix Prince, 60% = 3685), you're good to go.

I basically use criticals to power the link restore (and if I have Guinevere, the link restore powers more healing).

Apple Witch Queen gives +4% per Lawful unit (Cinderella, Apple Witch Queen, Rose Red, and Guinevere are all Lawful) and False Prince, the Mad Knight just gives a +8% critical chance, +200% critical damage.

Up to Level 3 Active now ... and a few more days of Phoenix Prince left.

It also seems like there's a rotation of the top elixirs: the week of the legendary quest = none, then Chromatic, Legionaire [sic], and then Wisdom.

Current favorites: Chromatic, since Greater Chromatic I've seen as high as 11% (Legendary / Rank 6 enchantment) and Blocking. Waiting for a Heroic to give me a Legionnaire / Rank 5 Block. :)

6. Vendince

Vendince Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    Missed the Apple Witch this time, I'll have to wait for her to come back around. Maybe I can lay my hands on Guinevere in the meantime.

7. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    One of these days, we should see Legendary Fable Queens in the rare draw...

Level 4 Active for Phoenix Prince now. ;) Also beat him with friend=Merlin for a challenge.

I actually need the Night Lotus to evolve the Phoenix Prince tomorrow.

8. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    If the pattern holds, we're looking at
    Wicked Fairy (Fire) starting Sunday, Chromatic Elixir Mon/Tue
    then Friar Tuck
    Huntsman
    False Prince

Most characters seem to have the maximum active level as 5. I think there's a bug with the Sapphire Alchemist evolving into Sapphire Master Alchemist where the Active is reset to level 1.

I vaguely remember Emerald Master Alchemist has a max active level = 4.

9. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    Ick, another bug.

The news page says "Chromatic Elixir" but the Special Quests says "Legionaire [sic] Elixir". And completing it gets you either 1 (Heroic) or 2 (Godly) elixirs. I feel cheated!

10. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    At least they have the Chromatic Elixir for today and tomorrow, although the news page says "Legionaire [sic] Elixir." I might have to grab a few to go!

My gut feeling is that above a certain amount, the marginal utility of each percent of resistance decreases (and of course caps "normally" at 60%). Although you can increase the cap if you have increase to maximum specific element resistance (it's one of the level 4 enchantments). Plus there's that bug / "feature" where Chromatic Resistance doesn't get calculated against Dark opponents.

Overall though, Chromatic Resistance is still very useful as the number of Dark or purple-colored opponents isn't that many. Maybe I'll harass Blue Team Games to fix that bug.

11. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    #1331 fableageparmenion, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    Just recording for posterity some of my Chromatic Elixir enchants:

Chromatic Resistance:
    4% x 6
    5% x 6
    6% x 8
    7% x 6
    8% x 6
    9% x 2

Greater Chromatic Resistance
    11% x 3

So the Greater Chromatic Resistance seems to occur about 10% of the time. Hrrmmmph.

12. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    False Prince, the Mad Knight

Time for another hero.

The False Prince legendary quest is in about 2 weeks. The legendary quest is a bit tough; it definitely helps to have a Shadow Hound or better, Epic Shadow Hound. Fairy Godmother also works as a substitute if you have her.

Barring that, you should have high fire resistance, some way to restore links, high health, and potentially some way to heal and/or take away heart gems. For instance, Cinderella is very good here since she changes heart gems to water gems and heals a bit. This helps to reduce the number of links you'll use.

The False Prince hits you every round and augments the damage with any heart gems on the board. As well, he turns a heart gem into a dark gem.

On the flip side, should you conquer the False Prince, he's a very good ally -- very high damage. If you get to max level=120 and fully potioned, we're talking max health 3127 / max power 2490.

His passive is +8% to critical chance and +200% critical damage; this is more than any Legionaire [sic] elixir. I've seen anything from +1-2% critical chance and +10-50% critical damage, although I really haven't done the Legionaire Elixir that many times.

His active reduces the cost of linking by 2 (i.e., down to 3). You'll burn less links while linking. So you should net more links if you have link restorer.

By himself, he's a pretty solid offensive hero. With most teams, he's a solid add, especially with his high damage and high damage boosters (his passive). He doesn't do any area effect damage like Rose Red or Castellan, or do any direct damage like the Swordmasters, so he's highly dependent on the amount of Fire gems you take in.

Occasionally I've subbed him in for Heroic difficulty quests -- say with Rose Red, Lady of the Flame, and Snow Queen, Regent of the Ice.

With Godly difficulty quests, I usually prefer defensive heroes to offensive heroes.

13. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    Guinevere, Queen of the Round

Max Power 2089
    Max Health 3634

Guinevere is one of the three Legendary Fable Queens along with Snow Queen and Rapunzel. Arguably all three are excellent in their own regard. All three play a support role.

Guinevere's passive restores health at the rate of 160 per link restored. This counts in terms of her active, as well as any other character that restores links (Jack, Lancelot, Red Riding Hood, Snow Queen, as well as Merlin's Warmth, Midas' Midas Touch) and of course any links you get due to the combo length.

Guinevere's active, Meditation, restores 12 links per turn over 5 turns. Unfortunately it has a very long cooldown (level 1 = 24 turns) as compared to say, Merlin, who restores half your links with his Warmth active, which has a level 1 cooldown of 16 turns. However, I'll take what I can get for healing and link restoration.

Guinevere's max power is on the lower side for a Fire hero, 2089 (when max level=120 and fully potioned out). Her passive is far more useful when combined with other heroes that restore links.

Guinevere is very useful for situations where you need some additional healing and some links restored. With medium link restorers like Jack/Lancelot/Red Riding Hood, since the links you'll get are more determinative, it's easier to predict how much healing you get -- although in general less. With Snow Queen, as the chance of critical is random, it's a matter of luck how much healing you'll get. Guinevere in combination with Midas makes Midas' Midas Touch active effectively a full heal.*

* Maximum links currently if you finish the 23rd Fable book = 120, meaning Midas Touch can restore up to 120 links and thus 19200 health.

The only time I've had more than 19200 health is with max level characters and Big Bad Wolf, Tyrant of the Woods, level 100, and then I'm up around 25000 health. Most of the time I'm between 15000-17000.

I find I use her a lot for Legendary battles and if I'm in a pinch, instead of Merlin, the Heroic versions of XP Tome / Legionaire Elixir / Chromatic Elixir / Elixir of Wisdom. She is definitely no Merlin -- next hero for review.

14. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    Merlin, The All-Powerful Wizard

Max Power: 2082
    Max Health: 3800

Merlin is a very rare hero, only available on certain Fridays and this rotates. Other very rare heroes include Rumpelstiltskin and Fairy Godmother.

Merlin is the ultimate support character. His passive, Wizard's Embrace I and II, increases "combo rate." Wizard's Embrace I increases the combo rate by +50% and Wizard's Embrace II increases combo rate +100%.

(Step A) In previous posts, I mention that you get a base damage number for each character based on their power. If you took in one Fire gem and one Nature gem, for each Fire hero, you'd just get their base damage, and likewise for each Nature hero.

(Step B) Had you taken in more than one of a particular gem type except Heart gems, you normally get a bonus whether it's a normal gem (+5% per specific gem to that hero type) or a burst gem (+25% per burst gem assuming no burst gem related heroes like the Savages/Brutes/Constable or Sheriff of Nottingham/Mountain Dwarf or Mountain Dwarf Master/Belle).

(Step C) This gets multiplied by any hero related powers like "+50% Fire/Nature/Water hero damage" or "+25% Chaotic/Lawful/Neutral hero damage".

(Step D) There are additional multipliers like Midas' "+80% Area Attack" or Thrushbeard's "+80% Attack when Health is full".

(Step E) Lastly, you get a bonus based on how many gems are in that combo.

For Heart gems, you roughly get 5% of your health per Heart gem (with all level 100-120 characters, that's about 750 health). This gets multiplied by Step E.

Merlin boosts what you'd get in Step B and Step E. The bigger the chain or combo, the bigger the boost -- it's geometric.

The only downsides of Merlin that I can see are:
    1) Merlin does not have an ability to activate for a lot of damage like Rose Red or Castellan.

2) you do need links -- and a good amount -- to do a lot of damage.
    This is mitigated by Merlin's Active, Warmth, which has a Level 1 cooldown of 14, which is really good. This restores up to half of your maximum links.

Comparatively for heroes who have an Active that restore links:
    Midas, King of Gold restores all your links (Level 1 cooldown = 25)
    Guinevere, Queen of the Round restores 12 links every turn for 5 turns (Level 1 cooldown = 24)

15. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    Goldilocks, Master of Bears

Goldilocks:
    Max Health 3800
    Max Power 2127

Goldilocks is a straight-forward defensive hero. She doesn't combo too much with other characters except maybe Big Bad Wolf, Tyrant of the Woods (where you sacrifice up to 75% of your current health and then use Goldilock's Mighty Hammer of Vengeance active). The Mighty Hammer of Vengeance ranges from 1 (if you have full health) up to 5.5x the amount of health that you have lost (roughly). The Mighty Hammer of Vengeance is considered Water damage.

Goldilocks has a defensive passive, Viking's Protection I (Goldilocks levels 1-60) and II (Goldilocks' evolved form, Master of Bears, levels 61-120). They give you 15% and 20% resist all, including Dark, respectively. This is one of the only things that helps against Purple colored (i.e., Dark) enemies. There may be a bug in the game where Chromatic Resistance, which is supposed to apply to Dark, does not get calculated.

16. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    #1336 fableageparmenion, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    Snow Queen, Regent of the Ice

Snow Queen, Regent of the Ice:
    Maximum Level: 120
    Maximum Health: 3832
    Maximum Power: 1948

Snow Queen's passive restores links fast, 12 per critical hit. As your party's base critical chance is normally pretty low, 5%, you have to have some heroes or enchantments to increase the base critical percent. If the critical chance is too low, you don't stand to gain as much. There is a chance of inflicting criticals per attack as well as per enemy if you use area attacks, so Snow Queen's passive is best against groups of enemies.

The highest critical chances occur with Rose Red, Lady of the Flame (+20%), then heroes like Castellan of the Beast (+4% per chaotic hero), Little John the Mighty (+4% per neutral hero), and Apple Witch Queen (+4% per lawful hero). Then False Prince, the Mad Knight (+8% critical chance).

An all-chaotic party with Snow Queen, False Prince, Midas, the King of Gold and Castellan might be tempting, giving you a base critical chance of 29%, although I think Rose Red's Active and Passive are better than Castellan's (Rose Red's Active does 30x damage vs. Castellan's is only 18x damage; Rose Red is +20% critical chance vs. Castellan's only is +16% with the above heroes).

Snow Queen's active, Implosion, is highly useful. It ignores armor and ignores element including Dark. It does 25% of remaining health vs. all enemies on the screen (group or single). This means if you're hitting some of the stronger legendary quests, you're doing over 6 million damage with Implosion. I use this to also keep track of how much life is left (i.e., if Implosion does 25%, then remaining life = 3x Implosion damage).

There's no real strategy for timing Implosion. If you can use the Active, use it -- well, unless you're saving it for a final boss.

Downsides:
    - Criticals are random, not determinative; you can't count on the number of links you get back, you sometimes have to "hope for the best"
    - Snow Queen doesn't do a lot of damage on her own (although Implosion more than makes up for the damage she doesn't do) -- 1948 power for a level 120 hero is the lowest (I think)

17. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    #1337 fableageparmenion, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    Midas, King of Gold

Max Level 120
    Max Health 3526
    Max Power 2158

Midas, King of Gold is available only on the weekends for purchase for the hefty price of 10 million coins. This may seem like a lot, but it's possible to do it in about a month -- you just have to stop buying stuff at the Daily Shop. This may seem like a drastic austerity measure, but you'll be offered the same things every week at the Daily Shop, and once you get Midas, you can go back to buying stuff at the Daily Shop.

When should you think about getting King Midas? Well, if you can regularly defeat Midnight Passage in the Wicked Witch Fable as well as either the hard or heroic difficulty of the weekend Dwarven Vault fable, that's a good time.

Midas is a great hero for his cost. He's one of five 6-star Nature heroes, along with Dragon Prince (Legendary Quest Drop), Rumpelstiltskin (very rare Friday draw -- in fact, today), Frog Prince, and Rapunzel. Midas serves as a mid-damage tank support hero. How does he compare against the other 6-star Nature heroes?

Dragon Prince is stronger but doesn't give area attack bonuses. His passive causes you to lose links instead of health, so you need more link restoration.

Rumpelstiltskin is weaker and his passive needs to be charged up, but Rumpelstiltskin's active "greatly poisons" enemies (not sure the exact amount).

Rapunzel is a support-defensive hero; her Active reduces damage taken by 40% and passive changes 3 random gems into burst gems ONLY when you take damage. (So Rapunzel+Dragon Prince is a very bad combo as mentioned before)

Frog Prince increase Nature hero damage +60% (Passive) and changes Fire to Nature gems (Active). I find him to be primarily an offensive/offensive-support hero.

His passive drastically increases your area attack damage, +60% for King Midas (levels 1-60) and +80% for the evolved form (levels 61-120).

His Active takes a very long time, 25 turns -- but gives you all your links back.

18. qq28

qq28 Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Strong allies wanted

Hi guys. First of all, I wanted to thank you all for your valuable info provided on this forum and on the wiki. I really enjoy this game, and the info has helped me greatly. Too bad there are no more updates. I'm at a point where I can get through the hard difficulty quests generally without problems, but get killed in heroic quests.

If anyone is willing to offer me strong allies, I would really appreciate it. I don't have much to offer since I just started, but a LV 58 King Thrushbeard or LV 50 Cinderella. Any friend assistance would be great. Thanks!

Code: t0sJnTOSML

19. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    Well, for difficulty, you should try to potion up your heroes, especially the 5* and 6* ones -- like Thrushbeard. And also try to evolve them.

I suggested as a rule of thumb:
    Average level of all heroes = 25-30 and limited potions will get you through most to all normal quests.
    Average level of all heroes = 50-60 and moderate potions will get you through most to all hard quests.
    Average level of all heroes around 75 and mostly potion'ed will get you through most to all heroic quests **

The hardest heroic and godly quests are the Monday/Tuesday elixir quests and the XP Tomes. I wouldn't attempt those (unless you have stamina or keys to burn) unless you are very close to or fully at maximum. For instance, my first successful run was with level 115 Midas, King of Gold and everyone else level 100 (Rose Red, Lady of the Flame) or Level 120 (Snow Queen, Regent of the Ice; Merlin, the All-Powerful Wizard; Goldilocks, Master of Bears and/or False Prince, the Mad Knight).

I think in general your progression should be:
    1. Start game, do training (6 missions)
    2. You'll have a free rare draw -- try to get a really good hero.
    Jackpot = Fairy Godmother, Merlin, Snow Queen, Guinevere
    Very Good = Rapunzel, Battle Queens (Cinderella, Ivy, Briar Rose), Brownweave Bear, Shadow Hound
    Pretty Good = Rose Red, Aladdin, Frog Prince, Prince Charming, Jack, Lancelot, Red Riding Hood, Barbarian, Warlord, Paladin, Lord Robin Hood, Mighty Beast King, Queen Snow White.

My qualifications are: the higher their max level, the more useful in combinations -- the better the heroes.

3. Do easy quests and fables
    4. Get potions, keys, etc.
    5. When you can do hard difficulty and you have 4 heroes of a color, that's a good time to attempt the Elemental Elixir key quests -- those will give you resistance to a specific element.
    6. You'll need slightly above hard difficulty including a link producer to attempt the Blocking Battle Forge Elixir key quest.
    7. Keep grinding to get experience, potions, keys, etc. as well as get evolve materials. Defensive and Heroic elixirs result in higher elemental resistances.
    8. When the weekly quests come up, stay at the most difficult that you can regularly do (so as not to waste stamina), although it looks like it's a 4 month cycle, so don't fret if you can't tackle the Heroic difficulties.
    9. Getting a full complement of heroes -- especially 5* ones -- is necessary to advance through all the hard difficulty fables.
    10. Start getting the 6 star heroes.

These two are "easiest" to get:
    Thrushbeard, that you have -- just need people to take your referral code
    Midas -- save 10 million coins

I think these are the next most difficult from least to most:
    a. Dragon Prince - need poison, nature resistance
    b. Phoenix Prince - need fire resistance
    c. False Prince - need decent blocking, fire resistance
    d. Goldilocks - need water resistance, healing, link restoration

11. White getting a good panel of 6 star and 5 star heroes, use fable stones to get key heroes as above.
    12. Keep leveling / grinding.
    13. Once you've maxed out, you can tackle the hardest 4 sets of quests.

a. Chromatic Elixir
    b. Legionaire Elixir [sic = their spelling mistake, not mine]
    c. Elixir of Wisdom
    d. XP Tome

All heroics are slightly easier than the godly for each of the above sets. The first two have a final boss of a specific element, the last two have a final boss that is purple or Dark, and there's a bug where only Goldilocks' passive affects the damage.

[I did beat the Legionaire Elixir on godly difficulty this morning, as a refresher.]

My two favorite elixirs are Chromatic (resist all!) and Blocking.

If ever I get like all level 5 Actives where it's reasonable (i.e., not Level 5 Active for only Friday rare-draw heroes and King Midas) and everyone is at their maximum level, I might contact contact Blue Tea Games to see if they'll let me do some product management/programming for kicks.

Some other fables they haven't done:
    Ali Baba
    Morgan le Fay
    Peter Piper
    Baba Yaga
    Bluebeard
    The Gnome King
    Mordred
    Sinbad
    Shahrazad / Sahrazad / Scheherazad and Shahryar
    etc.

20. qq28

qq28 Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Thanks for the tips! And thank you for those that added me! My biggest regret is not coming across this forum sooner. By the time I saw this forum, I was already 2 weeks into the game and too lazy to restart. If I had a do over, I would repeat the tutorial until I get a really good hero. Then save up all the fable stones to buy Geppetto and Rose Red, maybe even Repunzel but 40 stones seem too expensive.

What's up with the drop rate on Belle? Finished hard quests 8 times and nada.