Universal Fable Age (by Blue Tea Games US)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Apr 14, 2014.

1. genesispaul

genesispaul New Member

Jun 8, 2013
    aYNgDutvnV

Kindly use my referral code, used the first one I saw here. Thanks!

2. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Since the dev team is here I just wanted to leave a comment regarding the popularization and longevity of the game.

If you want this game to be successful, make sure the daily news are up to date. Plenty of player dev interaction. And lastly don't be afraid to be generous with gems or the currency in use. As a veteran PAD player since JP version. The key element why I will always keep PAD around and never regret spending in it is because I feel support from the devs are extremely helpful. And that free players are able to gain reasonable premium currency as a way of reward active players.

This game looks promising but i'm still a PAD player at heart and just been dragged into player Linezeta, but as long the players feel rewarded for being loyal, people will keep playing.

3. blueteagames

blueteagames Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2014
    Thanks immudy, we'll keep this in mind. If you have any other suggestions on improving the game experience, please let us know.

4. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Out of curiosity, why do you have rated it 1-Star? I'm a PAD player myself but this fact wouldn't have any impact on my rating for a similar game.

btw, this game was announced in the upcoming games section but it seems like almost no one recognised it.

5. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Just finished book 9.

Rocking the 5* referral. 5* snow queen. A few 4*'s ( rose red & fire brute ) and I got gapetto ( the 4* that was offered for 22 diamonds after book 8 ) although I didn't pay for him. I got him in a draw, he adds 50 links as passive. Pretty legit

6. Sequence

Sequence Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Just drew the 5* Frog Prince, he's got an ability to change Fire gems to Nature gems so that's pretty nice. Kind of wanted Prince Charming for my Mono Blue team that I've been working on but Frog Prince is pretty strong.

I don't play PAD (I hate the party cost system and having evolution materials/feeders clogging up my monster box, also have problems with the fusion system). They pioneered the genre but it's starting to feel dated.

This is the game I had hoped Brave Frontier and Spirit Stones would be.

Dev suggestions:

Raid/Raid Dungeon: some sort of super boss that several players have to take down for awards.

PVP: I don't care about but I'm sure people would want that. I'm not sure how it would work; Brave Frontier and Spirit Stones have it but it's a random automated fight. Have reaching certain ranks award Fable Stones/limited Fables.

Other than that, great job with daily and limited quests, "godfests", and keep the events to keep us busy. There's a reason why the PAD model works.

7. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil

This was launched only on April 11st. Before that it was in soft launch only in some countries.

8. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    I can't figure out for the life of me how to "merge" those purple units into other units? I know you lvl with books. Enchant with potions, evolve with same star hero and materials. But what so you use those purple units for? Someone said you can use them to level units instead of books?

9. singwc

singwc Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Let's help each other to get the hero!

Code: JZJ1D3Menp

Let's get Heroes from referrals!

10. Sequence

Jul 15, 2012
    I have three of those dark element fairies. They each have different skills (flame claw, bramble thicket, and moonlight fury). I'm thinking that they all have random skills when you acquire them so if you're lucky you'll have a hero with the a matching skill so you can skill merge with the fairy and boost your hero's skill with it.

11. sanitymops

sanitymops Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    I am really digging this game. Great for the morning commute. It is just like all the other games of its genre but with a bit more polish and it feels less In app purchasey to me.

Here is my code if anyone cares to use it: PUAXfxEZEX

12. Sequence

Jul 15, 2012
    Another suggestion: allow multiple sort criteria. For example, I'd like to sort by type then rarity so I can see my strongest blue, red, and green heroes grouped together.

Also it would be great if we could set up multiple teams to switch between. It would be great to switch between mono-color teams, a mixed team, etc depending on the quest type.

13. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Great idea :)

14. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    My referral code is: mFS3s8WBg9

15. Bubbapook

Bubbapook Active Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Hi devs! Couple of questions for you:

1) Does the type of gems in a link effect the type of damage element? There are lots of mobs in later levels which only take 1 dmg from each colour, but occasionally will take massive damage. Is this because of things like hearts being contained in the link, or the other in which elements are linked?

2) What do dark crystals do? Can they be used by player characters?

3) How does the 'Lore' thing work? Do you need all of the characters from a particular lore in your team to make it work?

4) How do we earn keys? I used my initial set of keys on the Critical Elixir quest and got one shot by a single mob.

- Otherwise the game is great. I find the "connecting" screen is way, way too prevalent and causes a crazy amount of lag even on a strong wifi connection, so perhaps some network optimisation is needed.

- The Daily quests should never give you zero rewards. I've done the Arcane Lab quest today to get the gems, and twice it gave me zero rewards. Given that it costs 10 stamina, at the very least we should get some XP books.

- It would also be good to see a characters max star rating so that you know how far they can evolve in total before you invest in an evolve and then discover they can't go any further.

16. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    This game makes so much right in what is wrong in other similar card games. I love the exp books, the no cost of using your best cards, etc.

Devs, would you consider lowering the cost of the gems? I believe $1.28 for one gem is way too much. IMO.

17. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    What he said. 1.28$ is way to much, you can maximize profits if you change the IAP to 5 diamond for 1$.

Book 8. At the end your offered a hero 4* for 22 diamonds. (30$) I got him in a draw, I was lucky. Point is, I got him for free without paying the 22$. Would I have boughten him if he was cheaper? Yes.

As I said, one rare draw is 6$. For a single rare, that's to much. A draw should be 5 diamonds for a 1$.

Also: More cards / hereos is always a good thing. Lower the price and create more card packs. Prince packs, beast packs, swordsman packs, maybe god packs? (Just an idea).

Pvp/worldy events would be awesome. So leaderboard competition. For instance do an even where every dungeon you complete you get points. Top 1,000 who have the most points at the end of the day or two get a special hero.

So much potential here. Auction house?

Oh, the possibilities!

18. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I agree the gems are quite pricey I'm not even tempted but they are always like that in these games. One game I do like how a lot of stuff is done and also dislike some is Epic Heroes, they are very generous with giving away hundreds and hundreds of runes all the time and you feel rewarded for playing a lot rather than just buying a lot.

Also if pvp was ever included they have a good system there where your cards out count and you chose the linup out of 6 cards with 3 at the front 3 at the back, they attack in order from front left to right and then through the back, the positioning matters to protect weaker characters as most characters attack straight ahead but others do have special moves ect which attack multiples or cards in different positions.

19. blueteagames

blueteagames Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2014
    #99 blueteagames, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    1. Yep, longer link = way more dmg. The basic formula is # of colored gems x total combo length. However your heavy damage likely came from a critical attack, which is 2.5x more dmg.

2. Dark crystal gems currently has no effect yet, it makes the board harder to match gems.

3. Yep! Create your team with the same lore for extra bonus skills. This feature will be further exploited in future iterations.

4. Keys will randomly popup in normal quests moving forward. The key quests are tougher, but they drop elixirs that cannot be found anywhere else.

20. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    So when you get a neutral character. When it gets placed in your hero library I noticed whatever card is on the neutral cards left, that established it's element. I've gotten a neutral that ended up being fire, and I just got another neutral. When I checked my hero collection, a water type was on it's left so now it's a water neutral hero. Am I right!