F2P Games with progression like Crossy Road?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Citronaut, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Citronaut

Citronaut Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Has anyone been keeping a list of free to play games with a progression/monetization scheme like Crossy Road? I really dig the voluntary ads, earn coins, unlock new characters in a lotto type scenario. Coupled with a solid gameplay hook, I think these games are pretty amazing for short bursts on the go.

I tend to play meatier games on my iPad, but these games have become my bread and butter on my phone. So far I've played:

- Crossy Road
    - Disney Crossy Road
    - Land Sliders
    - Looty Dungeon
    - Pktball
    - Astro Attack

Am I missing any hidden gems?

Thanks for any suggestions! I'm sorry if there's a thread like this somewhere already - I looked and couldn't find anything, but searching for the word Crossy in the forums brings up about a million results, haha.

2. AdoreGames

AdoreGames Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2015
    UK
    Hey Citronaut,

You might want to have a look at our upcoming game, that has some common traits with Crossy Road, and take part in the beta-test: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=285350

Leave your experienced feedback (based on the games you're keen on) and help us make the game one of your next favorites:D:rolleyes:

Cheers,
    AdoreGames

3. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa