Universal F1 2016 (by The Codemasters Software Company Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Kraudi2k, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    #41 Bloodangel, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    There's no pit crew in pit stops.. pits are done through a menu. Once you enter pit lane, the car is auto driven and a pit menu appears. You don't see the car in the pit.

I have seen AI cars make mistakes and go off track.

I don't think there's any weather effects or variable weather, as you don't have any wet tyre type.

Controls are a touch tricky to get used to at first. Tilt seems ok, but touch steering is better, but it's not as immersive.
    Acceleration and breaking is done by touching in one area on screen. There's no analogue breaking/accelerating... I thought accelerating was going to be done by sliding finger up n down on screen. As if done this way, you could have like a certain amount of acceleration like maybe 70% acceleration or 20%, depending where finger is on accelerator. Rather than finger on/off screen to accelerate on/off. Breaking is done in same way too, you can't brake slightly, it's on off breaking.

I've seen yellow flags during race.

2. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Thanks for the details.

I wish there were sliding gas and brake. The brake, without assist, almost put the car to a full stop when I press it. Not very good.

AssolotoRacing implements a system where player uses 3D Touch to do variable pedaling. Great feature!

3. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    it seems like there is no option to turn off the brake assist. does anyone know how to do it?

4. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    In the Control menu, there is another tab on the top right, clicking it switches to another page where you can turn on/off various assists.

5. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Amazing game! Really enjoying it (hard to stay on track). If only someone would make a NASCAR game like this!

6. Armel

Armel Well-Known Member

May 12, 2016
    Device ??

You play on how device ???
    I play on 6s and I see bad reflect on car , bad frame rate and lot of aliasing ##

Little desapointed...

7. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    thanks man. i really have no idea how can i missed the tab :D. anyway, this game needs the real skill, i crash a lot, out of track, when the first time i tried to turn off brake and steering assist. i think im going back to the deafult setting :p.

8. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    I played a lot (may be way too much) RR3 and some tracks are very familiar to me, but the brake and gas points are completely different...

So far, Spa is the most fun, Silverstone comes next. Monza not bad. Really want to try Monaco.

9. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    So what's the general concensus? Is the game worth the $10 price tag? I've been playing gear.club and was going to spend some money but this game sounds like a better experience with the same on screen controls and no timers.

Do you still upgrade cars or is this a game where you unlock cars by winning races?

Billy

10. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    #50 currymutton, Nov 11, 2016
    This is a full game which represents official F1 game of 2016 season.

All the cars and tracks, which actually take place in F1 races, are available, alongside with "real" racer personalities and teams included, there whole nine yards is there, no need to unlock nothing. There is no "upgrade" of cars here but you can switch tyres and simplistic adjustments the car setting to suit your race style.

No, you will not find any Audi, Lambo cars, etc. Just custom made F1 cars.

This appeals to me for great sense of speed, which RR3, Gear.Club and Asphalt cannot deliver.

Real racing tracks (RR3 comes close)

And the physics and handling are more believable (I am no F1 fans so I cannot tell)

It is very close to console version, I have mention graphics wise this is close to F1 2010 version played on PC, etc.

Below is a link to laps of Spa from different versions of this series. Watch and compare:

11. Major Mark

Major Mark Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Stunning graphics on my 7 plus

[​IMG]

12. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Comparing the above with the graphics from 6S and Mini2, I can't help but thinking, does the game sense the hardware and adjust accordingly?

13. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    It lags a lot on iPhone 7 Plus when you drive over curbs and get the haptic feedback.
    Also I don't like the breaking sensivity. It is way to sensitive for me.

14. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    I don't experience the lag on 6S, not that I would notice btw.

For the brake, I have dropped a line at the official support forum and see how it goes.

15. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    i think they focus most on the cars here. runs smooth on my 7 plus but if you see other assets like the trees, podium, fence, etc it looks quite disappointed but im okay with that. other effect like the heat fx from on the back of the car are nice too.

16. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    If you check out the clip I posted on previous page or two, the PC versions win hands down (the sense of speed from 2014 onwards are simply shocking). The environment here is lacking say the trees looks very much like 2D flat polygons. The decals on the wheel look very low res. I can go on and list the deficiencies in eye candy department.

But as a racing game, I find more satisfaction here than in RR3, Asphalt 8, Gear.Club or may be even AssulotoRacing. It is just me may be.

In case you are still skeptic. I think I am making an additional video of RR3 running the Spa track and you can compare.

17. balonchiks

balonchiks New Member

Nov 11, 2016
    This is what i got on iPad Air. And they are asking eur 10 for this????? this looks like a game from the mid 90s... Anyone experiencing anything like this?
    [​IMG]

18. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Wish you could turn off haptic feedback

19. Wicuicad

Wicuicad Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2015
    #59 Wicuicad, Nov 11, 2016
    Does this game need internet?

20. AlexBi

AlexBi Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    #60 AlexBi, Nov 11, 2016
    Only for reference.
    This is ipad air 2 in Monaco (sorry, big size, 2 Megabyte).
    I think is not so bad Not so bad... Is not an Xbox 360 but is obvious.

image1 (2).jpg