Universal F1 2016 (by The Codemasters Software Company Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Kraudi2k, Nov 10, 2016.

1. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Downloading

Ok I am downloading this game into my iPhone 7... Will leave my impressions here once I had the pleasure to actually play the game :D

2. ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    So is this the full console game brought to iOS with all the content? Or is this the console game with some content cut out? Or is this a distinct mobile version that just shares the name with the console version?

3. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    Wow played one race feels so good,love my iPad Pro so smooth experience no lag

4. yasasnirmana@gmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2014
    YouTuber
    it does have icloud save and game centre achievements. battery drains out pretty badly!!

5. yasasnirmana@gmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2014
    YouTuber
    looks like a distict mobile version toatally seperated from the console game.

6. jamieladc

jamieladc Active Member

May 9, 2012
    Great game, the driving feels realistic. I'm on an iPhone 7 Plus and there is a noticeable lag when you run over a kerb / rumble strip and sadly no action replays but the car handling and graphics are excellent

7. Mobigeeek

Mobigeeek New Member

Nov 10, 2016
  8. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Any variable weather?

9. Palanthian

Palanthian Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2016
    This game is awesome, and here's why.

The graphics are solid. Not the best in the world, but good enough to make you feel you're really doing it (iPad Air 2 here).

I hate tilting my device, so I used the touch controls at the default sensitivity with auto-acceleration and touch to brake, no complaints. I also used "low" steering and brake assists, this seems the sweet spot for a novice like me. I feel like I'm driving, but it's a whole lot easier.

With this setup, I was able to take first place at Monza, a track I know, with "easy" AI. I can now step up the difficulty and gradually wean myself off the assists, as I please and at my own pace.

The point is, there's no energy, there are no timers, there are no upgrades, there are no currencies. What a goddamn breath of fresh air. I select Quick Race, the track I want, the team I want, the driver I want, and I'm an instant F1 driver. :)

If only all games were like this. 5 stars, well deserved, and worth every penny.

10. AlexBi

AlexBi Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    thanxk you :)

11. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Is the sound effects good?
    Can you put n get pit crew?

Do you hear tyres screech as you push car to limits around corners, so you know to ease off?

12. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Does cockpit camera, move slightly to add to Realism?

13. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Shame it's not got the story/career mode in it.

Do you get car failures? Do AI cars have accidents and failures during race?
    Do you get yellow flags during race?

14. Armel

Armel Well-Known Member

May 12, 2016
    Seriously ??

Hi I'm real racing 3 players and I play on iPhone 6s 128gb . I buy f1 1 hour ago , and after play 1 hour this is what I think : i don't know how looks f1 2016 on iPhone 7 , but on 6s is really bad ... graphics and frame rate are very low !! Seriously I wait a update because I don't think the game is already optimized for my device...

15. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Really like it, but it needs a higher difficulty. Racing with all aids off, except the racing line on very hard in a Mercedes and I'm 3-5 seconds faster each lap.

16. Dahaka

Dahaka Member

Nov 3, 2011
    At last this game is out!!! Ever since the Apple Keynote this fall I was waiting for this baby.
    But not quite sure if I'll get it for 9,99 I have many doubts gameplay wise. I played a F1 game on my 360 religiously
    but I have this feeling that the mobile game will not live up to that standard gameplay wise. Of course, graphics will be less polished but I need some more feedback of gamers who also played the console version too see if this is worth the money.

I'm gonna play it on a SE with my Logitech Powershell controller.

17. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    I thought the iPhone, especially ip7 is as good or even better than the 360 gfx wise

18. AlexBi

AlexBi Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Mfi doesn't work

Stop stop
    I have a steelseries nimbus and the game doesn't support it!
    Possible? :confused::confused:
    Anyone tried?

19. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I still running time trial here.

On 6S it is a blast, I am sorry but the iPhone 7 video does not really show how fast it can really go. (Blame it on UTube)

It is no eye candies like RR3 et al, but texture, lighting and drawing distance are all subpar, but tell ya, the sense of speed are insane, at 150 km/h the screen makes you think you are at that speed, but in RR3, your eyes make you think you were doing 70...

The physics is okay but I dunno why a MR car (right?) can go understeer so easily. I am not sure if there is spinning or so

I am yet to go full racing but in Quick Race, you get a guy talking to you, tell you what to do and if you are too "aggressive" :). There are yellow flag and safety car, but I think there is pit stop. I am not sure about if there is any weather setting.

I think you guys should dig out gameplay vids on UTube of F1 on other platforms. Graphics wise this looks like 2010 but the sound and gameplay are not dumbed down.

6S video tonight.

20. Galley

Galley Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Mine works fine.