F1 2009 by Codemasters

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by byron_hinson, Dec 7, 2009.

1. byron_hinson

byron_hinson Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2008
    #1 byron_hinson, Dec 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2009
    F1 2009 Announced

Looking good from the screens - hadn't heard of this one coming out until a few days ago

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Looks good.

3. byron_hinson

Aug 9, 2008
    Going to record a HD video of the gameplay tomorrow to put up

4. kleskus

kleskus Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    #5 kleskus, Dec 7, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
    OMFG!!!!!!!!!! Awesome, wow, F1 on my iPhone - YEAH, Codemasters FTW! :D

PS. byron_hinson - please record this in HD :) How did the graphics looks when you compare it to PSP version?

5. byron_hinson

Aug 9, 2008
    Will do - will get it up on You Tube then link here.

6. kleskus

Apr 26, 2009
    #7 kleskus, Dec 7, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
    I'm sure this will be my new favorite game on iDevice :) This looks just awesome... hmm... I hope this have multiplayer, not only local - but online. Anyway - is this game big? How much MB did this take? I see that, iDevice version looks same as PSP - so... 1GB? :D

any info about release date?

And second - can you ride with AI? Can you play all season with them?

7. byron_hinson

Aug 9, 2008
    92mb - its close to being submitted i think

8. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    The game looks good as a game, but I just hate F1, so I'll hate the game.
    If only it was MotoGP/SBK :(
    I hate cars....

9. Auhron

Auhron Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Editor
    Berlin
    I'm sorry, but for me this information was the one, were I stopped to consider buying it:

Two great game modes: Put in a flying lap in Time Trial, perfectly tuned for on the go gaming, or take on Endurance for the ultimate test of skill and consistency and set the fastest average time over a number of laps.

So, this is just a trimmed version of the PSP game and event hat did not receive good ratings. Don't get me wrong, I really love the games from Codemasters and will really look forward to the big F1 2010, but this is rather another disappointment.

Why no Training, real setup, Qualifying, Season/Championship, why always trimmed version of Formula One for iPhone/iPod Touch? ;/

P.S. The information is from the description of the video/page, so I guess that's the official press release information...

10. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    #11 italodance, Dec 8, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
    F1 2009 (by Codemasters)

yep from psp to the idevice which one is better?

Experience the thrill of FORMULA ONE™ on the iPhone! Players step into the driving seat of stars like 2009 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPION™ Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso and test themselves on legendary circuits in F1 2009, the official game of FORMULA ONE from Codemasters.

FEATURES:

•Go flat out in a FERRARI or master the MCLAREN: Fully licensed, F1 2009 features all the teams, cars and drivers from the 2009 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™.

•Race all 17 officially licensed circuits: Feel the exhilaration of speeding around iconic circuits like Monaco, Spa Francorchamps and Silverstone, or enjoy dramatic night racing at Singapore.

•Two great game modes: Put in a flying lap in Time Trial, perfectly tuned for on the go gaming, or take on Endurance for the ultimate test of skill and consistency and set the fastest average time over a number of laps.

•Stunning graphics: The world of FORMULA ONE comes to life with faithful recreations of motorsport’s most advanced racing cars and authentic, world famous circuits.

•Achieve blistering speeds with KERS: Use KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery System) to blast down straights and set lightening quick lap times in FORMULA ONE’s 200MPH+ racing cars.

•Race as a novice, race as pro: Driving aids – including a dynamic racing line, corner indicators, braking assist and more – can all be switched on or off to match player ability.

•Fully customizable controls: Adjust steering sensitivity, control layout and horizon tilt to find the perfect race set up for each player’s style of driving. Controlling the game is simple: tilt to steer; use the on-screen pedals to accelerate and brake; and get a K.E.R.S. boost by pressing the speed dial.

•Share your progress with the world: F1 2009 uses the AGON Online Social Platform for iPhone Games and iPod Games to get players connected with other gamers around the world. See how lap times compare against the rest of the world, players in the local area, or friends on leaderboards for each track in each game mode. Players can create friends lists and share their best times on social networking sites using the integrated Facebook and Twitter features

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

yes the idevice version will beat psp version :D

11. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    The pics look nice. Anyone know what the price will be?

12. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    PSP version was pretty bad. I kept going too fast for the first turn and kept crashing into the AI, getting a penalty. :S The race is very tightly packed so I didn't have time to break, I also felt it was kinda boring. Not sure if this will be any better.

13. kleskus

Apr 26, 2009
    Can you post gameplay video? :D

14. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Hi folks, new to the whole forum thing on this site, just wanted to say that this game would have been an instant purchase for me......Except for the fact that it doesn't have a championship to compete against other cars in, As I don't have access to a lot of Wi Fi connectivity most of the stuff I play is single player, so online leader boards don't really mean a great deal for me personally....It still looks like it could be a good game but I'm not sure I'll even purchase now.

15. vadersun80

vadersun80 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    This looks pretty damn good to me :eek:

16. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    Codemasters is great freaking company...they made my favorite racing game for PC Dirt 2 and knowing what this company is capable of this game is gonna be sick as s@#t

17. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Yeah, I know, it pisses me off that car racing games dominate the app store. If only someone were brave and ingenious enough to code a tricycle rally came. It'd be da bomb.

18. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

This might be a dumb question, but do you just race against the clock in this game, or other cars? I saw no opponents in the video and there are none in the screenshots. Actually there is one car in one pic...???