Universal Eyelord from Secret Exit

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Frand, Sep 15, 2012.

1. OriginalDex

OriginalDex Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    I can't wait!!!

2. OriginalDex

OriginalDex Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Actually i don't have advices of sort... just play "looking forward" to multi-combos and try to combo as fast as possible... :)

3. Hero211

Hero211 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Please make it look better on iPad 3 it looks a bit fuzzy its not in retina on iPad 3 please fix it would make ur game amazing wit it please update

4. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

#84 Frand, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
    This one already answered here.

5. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    This is my current love. Absolutely in love with this game and look forward to all updates. Never leaving my iPad or iPhone. I noticed u said it'll work with spottily. Please make it work with MOG too. Since that's what I use. iCloud wouldn't hurt either. Such a great game.

6. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

The new audio implementation in Eyelord should work with any parallel music players. We're unable to test MOG since it's available in the US only.

iCloud support should also make it to the next update, we're still hammering out a couple of kinks there.

7. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I am glad to hear that development is still active on Eyelord and we will get some updates.

8. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

A couple of screenshots from the coming update:

[​IMG]
    The new powerup "Red Reign" in action.

[​IMG]
    Note my current nemesis in the bottom right corner. The Game Center mugshot will be used if the user has uploaded one. If not, then a skull is used.

[​IMG]
    He's not my nemesis any longer! :)
    Also it's alright to go 'ooh' at the new pyro effects!

9. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Woah! Looks pretty awesome. : ) Also, iCloud! Yay! When's the update coming?

10. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

No sooner than when it's ready, guesstimating a week or two barring any unexpected complexities.

Also we've put some effort into further memory usage optimizations, which should improve how the game behaves on iPad 1 and iPod touch 4G.

11. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

I almost forgot.

Meet Nurse Clemency, she'll take good care of you.
    [​IMG]

12. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Oh, I can hear the rubber gloves snapping now.

13. denisclc

denisclc New Member

Oct 29, 2012
    This game is awesome. I am totally addicted, and so is my girlfriend. We are both in the top 25! We are currently in #17 and #24.

She plays on an iPod touch 4... She was already on rank 30, but some bug made her game start to crash on start up. After rebooting the device, her save was gone.

I'm hoping that the update improves performance for her. Great game!

14. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about the save corruption! Restoring the device from an iCloud or iTunes backup would currently be the only solution for that.

The next update will decrease memory usage, making the game more stable on older devices. Also, the game state will be stored in iCloud (barring any unforeseen complexities in the development work.)

Since you both seem to be hardcore when it comes to Eyelord, I'm really looking forward to how you like the Nemesis-feature, once it's out and available. It's a simple addition, but for us it seems to add a nice element of competition that the basic leaderboards lack.

15. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Alright, version 1.2.0 has been submitted to review.

That means the update contains:
    - "Nemesis", a friend's face and score shown during the game
    - "Red Reign", a new powerup
    - Two new characters
    - Max rank now 35
    - Improved support for user music (streaming background music should work)
    - Memory usage optimizations that help performance (mostly benefits older devices)

Also the game has now been tested on iPad mini, iPad (4th gen) and iPod touch (5th gen).

There is a technical issue concerning iCloud which we're still working with, so cloud syncing will be postponed to a later update.

16. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Eyelord 1.2.0 now available on the App Store. Any and all comments and feedback welcome. At least we think that the Nemesis is a pretty neat idea :)

17. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Thanks for the cool update. I am enjoying the added pyrotechnics and look forward to unlocking the new content. Nemesis is pretty neat too.

18. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    What is this Nemesis stuff? A new mode?

19. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

#99 Frand, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
    We wanted to make the game more competitive and adversarial. So now the game grabs the name, mugshot and score of a friend from Game Center and displays it in the bottom right corner. Or if you're already on top of the friend leaderboard, the global list is used.

So now slaying the Nemesis gives a bit more meaning to competing on the leaderboards.

Also the game now emphasizes weekly leaderboards over the all-time ones (since developers can't do anything about the bogus scores on the Game Center all-time lists).

20. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Coming in the next update...

[​IMG]
    The Great Antizooma, the high priest of the post-apocalypse!