iPad Eye-Hound...Damn!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by McGill, Jul 24, 2009.

1. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    I don't speak French, but the screen shots look cool...wish there was an english version.

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Heaven forbid you should post a link. Holy s***, that does look awesome! :eek:

3. brypan

brypan Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Good thing I am taking beginning French this year :p.

4. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    Good. By the end of the year, you'll be able to say "water", "chair", and "dog" in a thick Amereecahn accent. As I once said in an argument against a french taking friend last year, "French is the sound of people throwing up". Have fun, though ;)

5. Description translation:

Play as a fugitive in an ultra-surveiled world, you are tracked by satellites and receive regular notifications that alert you to escape outside a surveillance zone represented by a circle on a map, within a limited amount of time. More alerts you pass over the distance achieved is important and your reputation in the world of agents increases.

Eye-Hound is one of the first video game designed to take full advantage of geolocation (GPS) of the iPhone. Dive into a unique experience where reality joins the virtual world where you are the hero. Join Eye-Hound immediately and participate in a unique experience and full of surprises.

6. brypan

brypan Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    My parents will be so proud! Thanks ;).

7. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    Kinda makes me wish they'd incorporate the an in the Touch. I know it's asking for a lot, but this game sounds awesome. Reminds me of a multiplayer game for a different mobile platform where you have to run away from someone that's tracking you. The catch is that you see their locations every 3 minutes, while they see yours every 6.

8. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
  9. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Tres interessant!

10. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
  11. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #11 ImNoSuperMan, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
    A couple of images in the thread would have been much appreciated. Atleast an appshopper link was a must. M on iPhone. And there is no way I can resist taking a look at what u guys r so excited about:D.
    It better be good
    EDIT: Interesting looking game. But definitely not my cup of tea. With accelerometer controls I m already spending 3times as much energy as I'd like. And now they want me to really move. :eek:

12. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Virtual reality is when your in an entirely virtual world, augmented reality is when things are added to our reality to make games or anything like that.

13. Virtual reality: Where you are immersed entirely in a digital world from a first-person perspective in a way designed to make you feel like you're really there.

Augmented reality: Incorporating elements of the real world in a computer game -- or elements of a computer game in the real world, depending on how it's implemented. This would kinda-sorta qualify for the former, though incorporating the GPS alone to bring maps or whatever into the game isn't really my idea of augmented reality.

Most proper AR games use the device's camera in some way to superimpose game elements over the real world as seen by the camera. An early mobile AR game for the Palm Treo, Arcade Reality, used motion tracking with the camera to superimpose an arcade shooter over real-world imagery that extended beyond the screen and moved as you moved the camera.

14. agustan

agustan Member

Aug 28, 2009
    English version available soon

Hello touchArcade readers,

An english version of Eye-Hound has been submitted to the App Store some days ago and should be available soon as an update, with a lot of improvements and fixes. I'll keep you up-to-date !

Thanks for your support.

--
    Aurelien Gustan
    Counterwinds (CEO) - http://www.eye-hound.com

15. agustan

agustan Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Eye-Hound English version (1.0.2) available on the AppStore

We are proud to announce that the new version of Eye-Hound is on the AppStore right now, with the following improvements :

- Available in english and french languages.
    - Visualize the agents ranking and received alerts logs from the application.
    - Estimation of the upcoming alert time.
    - Badge on the application icon storing missed alerts count.
    - More alerts received by day.
    - Many fixes and improvements.

Enjoy it!

--
    Aurelien Gustan

16. shawn_10

shawn_10 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
  17. CommanderData

CommanderData Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

To maximize your sales potential, I'd recommend putting english screenshots up in iTunes. The first thing many people do is flip through screenshots, and I'd bet good money most of them would not take the time to read your description text to see that english is supported now. :D

18. agustan

agustan Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Thanks CommanderData, we just updated AppStore description texts and screenshots to take into consideration the english localisation of our app! Maybe it will take some hours to be effective on the AppStores!

--
    Aurelien Gustan

19. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    Thanks. Seems like it's still being updated in the US App Store. Will pick this up when it'll show up soon. The description mentions "make full use of the iPhone geolocation (GPS) capabilities". Does this mean it's only for the iPhone and not the touch?

Btw, I hope you could piece together a video gameplay as well. It'll be helpful for some curious eyes.

20. agustan

agustan Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Hi seyoon,

I can't verify the US App Store status from my location (France) but I think it will be updated soon...

Eye-Hound requires a GPS signal with strong accuracy to work efficiently because it needs to follow your path on small distances, when you're walking down the streets.

iPod devices have basic geolocation technologies (based on the WIFI signal, let's see http://www.skyhookwireless.com/locationapps/ for further details) that can locate the device to know in which area/neighborhood you are positionned but it does not embed a "true" GPS which uses satellites to determine your position with a good accuracy (with a maximum of 100 meters error margin).

That's why Eye-Hound or other augmented reality applications won't be available on iPods until Apple decide to include a GPS technology in those devices. Personally, I never heard a rumor like this for the moment but who knows, with the development of augmented reality apps these days....

++

--
    Aurelien Gustan