Universal ExZeus 2 (HyperDevbox Japan)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by HyperDevbox, May 27, 2013.

1. HyperDevbox

HyperDevbox Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Game development studio
    Tokyo
    we never tested on a mini but we dont limit devices so the game will run on a mini.

we will look into the dpad issue for iphone users.

we list the controllers we support right now. bladepad and ifrogz contacted us and we very nice to give us demo units for testing.

controller/keyboard support is something we wish apple would support in the base OS. if you are an iOS developer you will notice there is no keyup/keydown notification making keyboard support impossible.

2. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Yep - no iCade that I can get to work. Would benefit, I think, from Verticus style controls which also had a Space Harrier feel. I feel a bit underwhelmed at the moment but perhaps it'll grow on me.

3. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    +1 to that. Verticus movement controls will make this game uberfantastic.

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    If any control tweaks are made, remember the Android version. Love the game but always thought the controls could use some work - particularly on the ground.

6. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    You might want to take the "external blutooth controller" off the app description. As you state the name of the controllers you do support it sounds like you are referring to a third type.

Icade is the most commonly used external controller and other controls use the icade keyboard code as well. So u will probably get a few disappointed customers unless u update the info or support icade :)

7. HyperDevbox

Jul 12, 2012
    Game development studio
    Tokyo
    Ok, we have decided to go back and add icade support.
    please give us some time to get a unit in house and update the game on apple. however we do promise we will add it.

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Would you consider changing the controls to a dynamic virtual stick instead of a directional pad?

9. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Ok cool. Here is a link to all the dev stuff you need. You actually don't need the unit to set it up. Maybe just get a few TA members to test it before you release it
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=2786552&postcount=1672

10. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Good choise! Maybe it will be the only "iCaded" 3PS shooter for a while :)

11. HyperDevbox

Jul 12, 2012
    Game development studio
    Tokyo
    I can not promise vstick controls right now but i will discuss adding them with the development team.

as far as testing with TA users... we think you guys are giving us some great feedback. and it is nice to get feedback from people without a 1-star attached to it ^_^ unfortunately we do all our testing in house.

12. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Calling: Connector, please note!

Query: again, how long is the game?

13. HyperDevbox

Jul 12, 2012
    Game development studio
    Tokyo
    currymutton,

there are sections of each level where you land and walk around or involving vehicle to attack enemies. i believe i completed the first level within 15 minutes and there are 9 levels. but each user play time will vary.

14. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I'm playing the Android version but since you're here -
    and I'm assuming the same goes for the iOS version - thought I'd ask if there could at least be an option to turn off the double tap to move faster on the ground. I don't even care as much for having a virtual stick. But that's probably my biggest annoyance in the game is how slow you move on the ground. Don't care too much for the double tap and even then it seems too slow. The racing and air controls are fine.

Any chance both versions could be updated to at least remove the double tap and speed movement up on the ground?

15. HyperDevbox

Jul 12, 2012
    Game development studio
    Tokyo
    we aren't against changing the walk/run speed. in fact between android version 1.6 and 1.7 we did increase the walk/run speed.

we will keep it in our vault ^_^

16. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Oh my I'm really enjoying this game!!Just a few alterations will make this game epic...

My suggestions/ request to the dev:

On the ground:I hope the L/R camera movement is controlled by swipes so that the virtual arrow buttons will focus on movement..This will also make dodging while aiming possible or rather easier..

On space missions(top down old school shmup scenario):I wish that you could go forward and backward for evasive maneuver options..Maybe create a virtual d-pad will be better,though I'm quite fine with the buttons..

On Melee/close range combat:Could there be an upgrade version that provides thermal blade slashing??(the mech/gundam fan in me is yearning for this)..:D

17. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Plus 1000 for the stick, please. (as an option of course)

Though i'm getting used to the d-pad right now, i never have the
    feeling that i control my 'Autobot' exactly the way i want.

Possible that testing in house isn't too objectiv anymore ?

For now, i made a 4 star rating in my swiss app store, also telling
    that i will give the last one after a (good) control update. Good luck.

18. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    If this has been discussed/answered, I apologize in advance.... Is this level based or more of an endless runner/flyer?

19. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

It's level based.

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    What i love about this game is the variety in gameplay, and that the levels are HUGE. I really wish the vstick controls get implemented, and dynamic is even more preferable.