Universal ExZeus 2 (HyperDevbox Japan)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by HyperDevbox, May 27, 2013.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Can't say I've got the same problem as void with the virtual controller, but maybe that's because I'm on an iPad and the D-pad and buttons are gloriously large and comfortable to use.

Just finished off the first level, and Christ...this thing is insane and packed with ideas. Had to pry myself away from the second level because I was at risk of drooling over my iPad!

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I've played this on Android and it is indeed excellent. I had a bit of trouble getting used to the on ground controls (you move little slow and then have to push forward twice to dash). But loved the variety of the gameplay. There's nothing quite like it.

3. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Same here.

Please dear Devs, add the screen orientation as fast as possible (omfg)

Though i have to get used to the controls (either), i really like what
    i played in the first level.

Edit: Don't see GC leaderboards

4. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Downloading as we speak..This game will go hand in hand with liberation maiden on my device..:D

5. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
  6. Waks

Waks Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Philippines
    OMG, bought! :)

7. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Love the presentation and feel. 100% arcade rush! But having HUGE problems with the dpad controls in the iPhone... walking and bike / top down shooter sections are a pain to me. Seriously destroying lots of the fun. The touches have to be way too exact. Feels dated. Besides that, amazing game.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #28 Exact-Psience, May 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
    Holy crap! This is out? Have to buy now! Saw the trailer and was excited from then on... And now it's out and i was sleeping when it got released :D

And then there's non-stop praise on the thread which makes it so much sweeter!

Downloading!

9. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I don't know, this look a bit like Arc Squadron to me, except that had touch screen tailored controls and this has ugly buttons/d-pad plastered over the screen. Is there more than one control method?

Willing to be convinced though.

How big is the installed file?

10. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Does this run well on the mini?

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hell yes it does. The only flaw of this game which SyntheticVoid mentioned is that if your thumb goes outside the pad image, you stop moving. I hope the devs can address this issue to improve controls, which in effect improves gameplay overall.

Also i dont see you names on the leaderboards except Sanuku's. You need to connect to the internet(it asks that question, so maybe some of you tapped No) to let the game upload and pull scores off the world leaderboards.

That said, game is pretty fun except when your thumb goes outside the pad image where it can get frustrating. And that first boss pwnt me. How do you effectively avoid those missiles?

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    248mb. The d-pad is the main issue. Your thumb goes outside the pad image, and your movement stops. The buttons dont look that inviting, but they do as they are designed quite responsively.

13. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    I still can't understand it as well.
    @devs does it support iCade or not?

14. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    It says it supports the Bladepad and iFrogz Caliber Adavantage, neither of which I believe have actually hit the market yet.

15. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

It`s always great to see Publisher/Developer support not a single Controller that is actually on the Market but instead some exotic Controller that are not even buyable yet.

Who are those folks who believe that a Game will sell a single Unit more because of this?

Are they straight out of the Business School and believe that they are now suddenly understand how the Market is working or is this just another We got paid so the Game will only support the following Controller and not a single other One case?!.

How can someone believe that they are in line with current market trends with such a behavior?

16. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Magic.

17. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I think the idea is that as soon as these controllers hit, this will be one of the few games that supports them, so everyone who gets the controllers will be inclined to buy the game. Why they did not choose to support icade as well I don't know...

18. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I have to say, the game runs surprisingly well on the old iPod Touch 4. Gameplay video of that coming later today! :)

The main problem with the game is definetly that the on-screen dpad isn't so great. A virtual stick would be much better!

19. Dragon3leg

Dragon3leg Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    It
    Fairfax va
    I remember the original had it on my compaq iPad or my Casio pocket pc one of the two. Just beat it on medium hit number 3 woot

20. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Ah yes in the days before Apple licensed the iPad from HP :p