Universal Extreme Gear: Demolition Arena (by Zero Games Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VirtualBoyFreak, Mar 29, 2016.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Why are you hijacking this thread? Just for this reason alone I wouldn't check out your game.

While I'm here, Pehel, how's the next update coming along? I really need to be able to move the controls. It's been a long time since we've heard from you. I still play daily.

Billy

2. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    Paris area (in France, you know, Cheese and wine .
    At the beginning, we were planning to add the controls move in 1.4, but it will finally be in next update. We are working on it right now :)

That's why we're late in our updates releases. But there will be more content than expected.

3. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #143 LordShad0wz, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    Hell Yeah! That's awesome! I can't wait! This is exciting!

For anyone who hasn't heard of or played this game yet I cannot recommend it enough. Definitely give it a try. You'll get hooked like I did. At first you might get worried at the free to play stuff but trust me it's good. There are a lot of options including permanent single purchases. I ended up making the game a completely premium experience and it's awesome! The game has a great selection of cars, fun arenas, lots of upgrades, and awesome devs. You can't ask for better.

Billy

4. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    #144 Pehel, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    Hello all !

New update have been submitted to Apple. So it will be available very soon !

It contain :

- Two new cars
    - One new arena
    - New skins
    - Internal achievements system (help players to win more credits / golds / XP)
    - Better daily rewards
    - World Destruction Leaderboard improvements
    - Possibility to custom controls
    - New crashes sounds
    - Better rewarding screen
    - in-game U.I. show you points you earn when crashing
    - Phone vibrations option when crashing
    - German localization
    - Lot of small improvements
    - Bug fixes

We hope you'll like it.

5. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Hell yeah I can't wait! Come on Apple! I'll make a few purchases so you guys can get some lunch on me!

Being able to move the controls is going to be awesome. I can't wait to see the new arena!

Billy

6. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Come on Apple! I'm dying here! This is torture!

Pehel can you post some pics or gameplay vids of the new cars or the new arena? My favorite arena is still that space hangar. Getting sucked into space is effing hilarious. The first time it happened I was cracking up so hard. I didn't think the player could get pulled out into space like that!

I can't wait to see what you guys have come up with next. You guys have so much talent.

Billy

7. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Tell ya what! This is one of the very best demolition derby games ever on mobile IMO! When the customizable controls go live, it's gonna be almost perfect! Highly recommended, guys! I think you should definitely check this out if you've been jonesing for good DD! Hard to put it down, seriously! I'm digging it! :D

8. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    I don't know if we'll have time for a new video.
    We are waiting for 1.3 validation from Apple -which will come very quickly-, and are already working on 1.4.

1.4 will have new a game mode and even more arenas. :)

But 1.3 will be the biggest update of the game I think as we fixed a lot of things.

9. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    1.3 is here !

This is a list of changes/improvements :

- New cars
    - New arena
    - New customization elements
    - New achievement system
    - Better daily rewards
    - Control customization now available
    - German localization
    - Leaderboard improvements
    - New crashes sound FX
    - U.I. Improvements
    - Vibration mode when crashing available
    - New rewarding screen
    - Many others improvements
    - Many bug fixes

I hope you'll like it ! :)

10. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Woo hoo!

First off I relocated my controls and now they are PERFECT!!!!!! Thank you!!!!

I made a few purchases so lunch is on me.

If you guys do another update you should let us just buy the cars. I just made level 34. I'd buy that sweet looking level 80 car for $2.99 or something like that!

I'm working hard now to level up to get that next car and now have enough cash and gold to level it up so I can get that last level as well.

So far this is an AWESOME update!

If you haven't played this game and you love demolition derby this is THE game to get. It has everything. If you want to go the free to play route you absolutely can. If you are like me and want a more premium experience there's IAP option for unlimited fuel. It's worth the money. The devs are awesome. Just look back through the thread and see how engaged and responsive they are. It's a damn fun game.

Billy

11. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    Thank you very much !

Now, getting experience will be a bit easier, thanks to the achievement system. But if it's still a problem to some players, we will think about a direct purchase system.
    We are working now on new game modes. :)

12. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    Hi Everyone !

A little post to say that we are working on two more game modes ! (instead of only one.)
    No more cars are planned, but new arenas will be ready for next update.

I may be finished a bit sooner than expected.

13. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    For what may be the last update of the game (it will depend on reception of the 1.4 by players ...), we will add some zombies in one of the new arenas.
    [​IMG]

14. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    Next update will also have new game modes !! :)

[​IMG]

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Holy shit!

Zombies? Are you kidding me??

Please this cannot be the last update. You need to time the release when Apple does their weekly releases. And go to every site and promote.

This game is too good to die.

Effing zombies. I never ever would have guessed that!! You guys are amazing!!!!

Billy

16. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    Yes we added zombies with special bonus points if you crush them. That will be the main feature of what could be the last arena.

The 1.4 update will be released at best at the end of the year. We need time to test the new game modes and fix the last known bugs.

The only reason we continued to support the game over the last months was because we promised lot of things and so we had to deliver it as we wanted the game to be as nice as we planned when we began to work on it.
    If a miracle happen during 1.4, we will continue to work on Extreme Gear, but let's face it : it had been at best a moderate critical success (very few press talked about it and reviewed it ... Press coverage had been just decent at best ...), but not profitable at all for us !!

And now, I'm thinking about making public the post-mortem document of the game. Let's face it : everybody told us that making a demolition derby game wouldn't be a great idea and not profitable at all ... And they were right ! Despite that we really love this game and working on it had been a real great time, but now we have to move on something new and as exciting as EGDA :)

So we began since very few time to work on two others mobile games (a very small and stupid one, and a bigger one.).

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #157 LordShad0wz, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    Well if you want a beta tester let me know. I can send you my TestFlight email. I like testing. You know you've had my financial and every other sort of support. I love you guys. It's BS that you guys have made a quality game and haven't made money on it. You should have. The App Store really really sucks for small indie devs without a huge marketing budget.

If anyone has not gotten this game yet I cannot recommend it enough. If you love crashing cars this is your game. There's lots of IAP options including unlimited fuel and the arenas are fantastic. My favorite is the space arena. If you aren't careful you can get sucked into space. When I first got sucked into space I couldn't believe it and was laughing so hard. I didn't think they actually built that into the level. There are lots of cars with lots of upgrades. Cars fly in the air and parts fly off. It's just a really fun game.

I'll say it over and over. I've purchased the unlimited fuel and it's absolutely worth it.

There's online Multiplayer. There's full single player with leaderboards. Achievements with gold rewards. Opt in ads for more cash if you want. There's a cloud save support. There's so much done right with this game. You can change everything about the cars. The colors and designs and stickers etc etc.

There's so much to do. Now they are adding zombies. It's off the hook.

Billy

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #158 LordShad0wz, Oct 17, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    Pehel,

I just found a bug or I guess a glitch? I hadn't watched ads for coins in a long time. I was playing and I'm getting close to the next car so I figured I better start making some money. So I went to watch ads for cash. I started with $39,000. The first few ads were normal, different ads. Then one of them finished and I tapped the X to quit out after it finished and BAM the game completely crashed and I was staring at the home screen. The game just instantly crashes upon tapping the X and the ad did run its full 30 second course. So I restarted the game and logged in. I had $44,000 in cash. I didn't lose any cash from the crash. I go back and start watching ads. This time it was different. It was the exact same ad. Over and over and over and over. The same one. It never ended. See the picture. I took a pic of the ad so you'd see which one it was. By the time it stopped and wouldn't let me see anymore ads I had $101,000 ROFL. So do the math. Lol. It was crazy. The same ad over 50 times.

You need to look over the crash issue and the ads. They've always been buggy. I'm using the IPhone 6 running iOS 9.3.5

And wait a minute, I missed your post about a direct purchase system. I've been begging for that since day one. I'd buy the other few cars for a $1 to $2 each to get them sooner. Or a couple of $$ to get that new level I haven't achieved yet. Hell yeah that's the way to go. You got my money!

Billy

Attached Files:

19. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    It seems that the bug comes from our Ad provider ...

We will check this quickly. Thanks a lot for reporting :)

20. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    It happened again just now except I didn't crash and it was a different ad. But it was the same one over and over and over. 43 times.

Definitely need to talk to that ad network. I hope your atleast getting the revenue count from it.

Billy