Universal Extreme Gear: Demolition Arena (by Zero Games Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VirtualBoyFreak, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    I've been let down one too many times. Sorry, a little cautious here. ;)

2. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    It's nice that the devs are participating in the forum thread. I deleted this game before playing it because it required an account. I would like to play it a little before associating my Facebook or email with the game. Huge turn off. It just felt creepy and dirty.

I don't play the Puzzle and Dragons family of games for the same reason.

3. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    Paris area (in France, you know, Cheese and wine .
    Hello Rawk !

I really think that this system was the best thing to do about the game. We are making this because we are using our own servers for some reasons :

- Possibility for players to change device and keep their purchases, cars, etc ...
    - If there's any problem with the game, we can add credits or gold to accounts of people who had issues.
    - Piracy. And we were right ! 2 days after release, some people thought it was a nice idea to cheat in the game. With this homemade system, it's easier for us to see when something's wrong.

Believe me don't use emails for "creepy" or "dirty" things as it would be a total non-sense and kamikaze move from us ! But in an other way, I can understand some people dislike this.

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I have no problem with this approach. However it's confusing. It asked me for the account or Facebook. I used Facebook. Repeatedly in the info screen it would show I was not signed in even though I was signed in via Facebook. So I went through the process of signing up with my email. I never received an email confirmation that the sign up was properly done.

Billy

5. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Any chance of MFi controller support?

6. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    Yes, but not for the two next updates as we need first to fix (and add) a lot of things.
    But controller support is in our plans (We partially worked on it during developpement. So dev just need to finish the job when we'll have more time :) )

7. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Thanks for the reply! BTW, if you need anyone to test flight this, please feel free to drop me a line.

8. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    Sorry, didn't answered before ...

It had been followed to dev :) We will try to improve this ;)

9. stolenlogic

stolenlogic Active Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Please add tap buttons on the side for turning as another driving option. The options now are terrible for me personally.

10. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    Hi Stolenlogic,

Unfortunately, we don't plan to add new control modes. But I think that "touch sides to steer" control mode should be very close from that !
    At least, we're also working on customizable controls (possibility to change where pedals and steering wheel are displayed). I hope it will help you.

And I have an other "bad" news. We decided today to delay the new arena. So next update will only add a new vehicle. The reason is that despite we think that new arena is fun, we were not satisfied by many little design things and we decided to work a bit more on it to improve visuals. And it will be the first arena of the game that feature two different height levels.

11. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #71 bigrand1, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    I totally agree! I won't play into any of that BS wanting my email or Facebook info! There's no reason for that crap. I don't care why a dev does it, that's the way I feel and that's it!:D I just avoid all games that feel the need to do that, period!

12. Json4

Json4 New Member

Apr 1, 2016
    Nice for ipad users ! :):cool:

13. TouchiMedia

TouchiMedia Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Unfortunately I'm much the same way... If App requires email to sign up and login - I typically just delete it without giving it a try.

Also, as others have stated- audio plays a pretty big role in these games. When you slam into a car - you want to hear equally impressive Thuds and scrape sounds depending on magnitude of hit.

Good luck with game :)

14. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    I can easily understand it. But we will not change this as other solutions are too expensive to develop for us if we want to keep a high level of security. Sorry.

Working on it. In fact, sounds have been made and we need time to implement it now :)

Thank you very much !! :)

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    As long as you add the unlimited fuel I'll be happy! A new vehicle is cool. I wish you'd let us just purchase them. Hehe

A multiple level arena does sound pretty awesome. I'll also be happy to have better crash sounds.

Billy

16. Json4

Json4 New Member

Apr 1, 2016
    I'm also really waiting for a new game mode ! :)

17. Ricou

Ricou New Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Wow ... This game has such bad rating and reviews on store ! I don't really understand why ...

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I just went and left a very detailed 5 star review.

Billy

19. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    That's mostly because of the fuel system.
    For most people energy system = bad greedy developers who eat babies (or kittens).

What people don't know is that nowadays, if a mobile game is not F2P, a lot of partners and potential publishers don't want to work with your studio. (For real, that's not bullshit at all... And sometimes you really need some partners if you don't have enough ressources to release the game.) But I think that if i was a one man studio and I hadn't to pay my employees at the end of each month, maybe it would have been different ... (But maybe not ...).

And making F2P games could also be a nice option if you want large audience to play it. We really think it has sense for a demolition derby game. You don't need to be good at driving, just go ahead and create a crash, so everyone can play it whatever gender or age.

But we also know that our F2P model is far from being good. That's why we will make adjustements in few days. (lower prices, new IAP, some other IAP will be removed, etc ...). Most of us were developers on consoles and PC, so that's a bit different from what we were doing before and we need some time to find the best balance. :)
    Then I hope ratings will be better for next updates !

20. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #80 LordShad0wz, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
    See I'm old school. I will always prefer to pay up front for a game. I think devs deserve to be paid for my entertainment. So I always go for a premium game over a freemium. People get mad at me all the time on here because my biggest gripe isn't really free to play. It's energy timers. I don't see it so much as a developer being greedy as much as I see it as it forces me not to play a game when and how I want. I hate it. I want to pay for my gaming experience. I won't keep paying for it over and over though and think it's wrong.

Free to play can be done right. I spend lots of money in free to play games. I purchase non consumable purchases like currency doublers or no ads. In your game for example I've purchased the no ads and as soon as you implement it I'll be purchasing the unlimited fuel. If you added a cash doubler I'd purchase that as well. I generally will never purchase any consumable IAP and I generally uninstall games with any energy system that I cannot make a single purchase to get rid of. I've kept yours because I can tell you are honest and actually care and I trust your word.

When it comes to the AppStore reviews they are mostly nonsense. People are just ridiculous sometimes. Then there's no way for a developer to even respond to an individual review. Sometimes you could set someone straight but nope Apple doesn't have a way to make it fair for developers. So good games can get trashed at a critical moment of release by just a few jerks.

Billy