Universal Extreme Gear: Demolition Arena (by Zero Games Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VirtualBoyFreak, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    Paris area (in France, you know, Cheese and wine .
    I love this kind of feedbacks, it really help us ! :)

Audio have been a real problem during development because of ... Money. Unfortunately we stopped working on audio too soon to keep budget for other things but we assume there's plenty of room for improvements in the following months.

Good point ! Maybe our device detection is not working well ... Need to see this with team. Thanks for this very useful feedback.

I see a lot of nice ideas here ! I forward this to the team !
    About everything related to UI (like the extra line of text ...), we'll do some improvements in further updates.

Custom controls (I mean, change positions of control elements) will be in 1.2 or 1.3 version. (As 1.1 version is already in test here, we will not be able to add this on time. It will not be too hard to add this and we know it's an important point as we had many feedbacks about it.

Unlimited fuel + No ads is for 1.1 version (so less than 2 weeks). It would have been in release version, but the logo of the IAP in the shop had problems. It was easy to resolve, but so it missed the release version.
    An update will also lower some IAP soon.

About future updates :
    1.1 =
    - No ads + illimited Fuel IAP
    - New arena
    - Leaderboard bug fix + a lot of small bug fixes

1.2 =
    - New car (the one from Destruction Derby !!)
    - Achievement system (lot of missions to earn Cr/XP/Gold more easily)
    - More Customization Elements
    - Controls customization ?

Later =
    - Real Time Multiplayer
    - More Arenas
    - More Cars
    - More Customization Elements
    - Different difficulty levels (If you set the difficulty in harder modes, you'll earn more points)
    - Survival mode (Last man standing). (1.3)

Thanks a lot for your feedbacks :)

2. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Wait, it isn't real time multiplayer already? I thought it was haha. Well, it does explain why the rooms are filled up so quickly.

3. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    #43 Pehel, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    Current system calculate drivers usual score in different arenas then try to reach this score during game. (That's why well ranked players have often big scores).

Real Time multiplayer is a big deal (if we want to make things working well) as Physics + real time on mobile requires lot of ressources to have good results. But it's our main big target for the following months. :)

Leaderboard calculate points with a ELO-like system (killing a well classified player car earns more than a low level player car for example ...)

4. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Fun!

Update is out.

Okay, I am paying to remove ad on this one.

BTW, is there anyway to retry the tutorial?

5. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    No there isn't as we didn't think about it ... Sorry :/

6. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #46 LordShad0wz, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    That's cool. As long as there are a good amount of missions that keep replaying making some easy, medium, and hard. That way we can upgrade our cars. I'm stuck right now. I can't wait for the 1.1 update. I'm waiting to hit that buy button on the unlimited fuel!

I unlocked the next derby. I like it. You guys must have spent a lot of time making the derbies. The artwork is pretty awesome. I unlocked the Disneyland type level hehe.

Billy

7. stolenlogic

stolenlogic Active Member

Sep 25, 2013
    #47 stolenlogic, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    Absolutely loving this game. Yeah it's not the most graphically beautiful game but I grew up with Super Nintendo, so graphics have little to no bearing on my enjoyment of a game.
    Keep it up, and I'll buy the IAP for no ads and unlimited fuel as soon as it is avaliable.
    The one thing I would like to see is more of a randomization of the arena to play in. I am almost guaranteed to be in the first one that is flat ground. Not that I don't enjoy it, I do, but just to get a bit more variety.
    Thanks again

8. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Huge mistake for a game that tries to recreate the spirit of Destruction Derby. To me it feels half the experience is missing right now.
    I'll still play it from time to time, but won't get fully into the game until this area is properly addressed.
    Once it is, this game will be an instant purchase for me as I don't mind waiting longer for all other type of updates and features.
    Wish you guys all the best and keeping a close eye on the progress in the meantime.
    If I come across more points or have certain ideas, I'll keep sharing those of course. :)

9. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    I'm pretty sure you remember cars from the first DD game ...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Althrough it's not exactly the same car, next one will be inspired by first DD : Here's the "Classic":

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It will be a slow, but extremely resistant car.

10. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Think of it the other way around: buy the IAP now so they have resources to implement what you're looking for ;)

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #51 LordShad0wz, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    That's how I look at it too. I look at each dev team differently. With this one they are communicative and don't shy away from bad criticism. They've taken it head on. They've laid out a plan down the road of updates with time framess. They've listened to our feedback and are incorporating it. For instance the unlimited fuel and IAP price changes. These are the devs that deserve some money. Plus it's a damn fun game to boot.

To the devs, with the IAP. With the gold. I would make a purchase of the $2.99 pack. But it only has 3 gold. There are 4 items on each car to upgrade. If that pack had 4 gold you'd already have my money.

Billy

12. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    In fact we made this pack for players who needed Gold to unlock faster some arenas. Will think twice about it ...

13. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    Just listened the latest TA podcast !! (Very cool indeed)

Unfortunately for us, we know that lots of things related to problems linked to the game (especially IAPs -other points mentionned in the podcast were already in our planning of improvements-) are true.
    We're working on a way to fix this as soon as possible !!

Oh ... And surprise, thanks to great work from our 3D artist and dev, the new car will be also in next update (it was planned for 1.2 initially).

Now it's 4 AM here, I'm going to bed ! :D

14. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
  15. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    Are you guys gonna update the game with metal Api to upgrade the graphics ?

16. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    It's not planned at the moment.

17. Pehel

Pehel Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Video Game Creator
    #57 Pehel, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    Hi everyone !!

I have some questions to ask ...

1) In the shop, in the Fuel/XP menu, do you have possibility to recover fuel by watching videos ? It seems that some people don't have access to it (don't know why ... I think that we can thanks Supersonic again :mad: ...). Does anybody ever had access to this ?

2) I saw that 90% of people never changed their car name (keeping the "Zero Games Studios" thing) or the number of their cars (keeping n°41).
    Is it juste because you, dear players don't care ? Or is it because it's not enough obvious that these customization elements can be changed ?

Thank you everybody !

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I just checked. The 3 ads for 1 fuel works. It doesn't show up though unless you've used fuel. If the tank is full it doesn't appear.

I had already changed my team name to Touch Arcade and my car number is 69

Lol

Billy

19. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    I'll try This...

20. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

So I'm not the only one.