Universal Exploding Kittens® - The Official Game (by Exploding Kittens)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. I'm assuming they're separate lobbies, since I don't have the extra cards and have never come across any games that include them. When you choose a deck, it seems you're playing with folks who chose that same deck. So I would love to know if there's a good number of people playing the extra deck before I buy it.

2. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    I took the plunge and yes, it works like you described, separate lobbies. I played a couple of matches with the new deck and the matchmaking was able to find opponents immediately, just like the standard lobby.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Guess what guys? Native iPad support. ;) Oh ye of little faith at the beginning of this thread. I have to say these developers deserve an award for being so awesome.

4. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Yep. Happy I got it early AND cheap. Love this game.

5. Good to know, thanks! I guess I'll take the plunge. Although that diarrhea card does not sound like my thing...

6. Well, that was disappointing. First game using the special deck and 3 players disconnected before they were truly out of the game. Might just be a real disconnection, but I've been seeing more and more people disconnect when things just aren't going their way. Ruins the fun for those left playing. :/

7. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    #148 raravan, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
    that was fun.

Attached Files:

8. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Is this game slightly different from the physical adaptation? I'm not seeing Nope, Cat, and Force cards.

9. Yeah, I don't have the physical deck, but from what I've seen of it, this version is missing some cards. Still, without the other one to compare it to, I'm enjoying it. The second deck has a few more cards to make it more exciting.

10. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    New update is out. You can now send emotes (with voices etc.), the game was already hilarious, it's even better now. Definitely a GOTY contender IMHO.

11. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #152 JohnnyClash, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    Im thinking about getting this game.. How is online multiplayer? Is it easy to get a random game? Short wait? Does GC bug effect this game? Thanks!

Edited.. Looks like most of my questions have already been answered in this thread.. But I just download the game, so i better get off here and go give it a try.. :)

Okay, I'm back.. I played a few matches.. and dang... It's a fun lil game.. Online multiplayer is nice and busy.. Everyone should pick this up.. It's great...

12. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Haha yeah it's so much fun! I reinstalled the game since I saw the new update. It's really perfect now. Amazing update!

13. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #154 JohnnyClash, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: May 29, 2016
    At its core, it's an awesome lil game, with a strong online player base..

Pretty fun..

14. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    wow another update. They just keep coming. :eek:

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    New sexy $2 set of cards. I swear to Odin, it's hilarious seeing where Exploding Kittens was just 5 months ago and where it is now. Universal, online multiplayer, new avatars, new decks of cards to use? These developers deserve a lifetime supply of beer.

16. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    They are doing battery saving thing via limiting the FPS (to 30) and forcing it because there is no option to disable it. I don't need more battery on my iPad and it is so easy to implement an option for them but no. Good game but not my favorite developer.

17. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    They released an update for this today and of course it doesn't have non battery save mod. Nice job guys, keep doing what you're not doing and maybe some day you'll find love of your life!

18. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Game Taster
    Wisconsin
    Is online play asynchronous? Thanks!

19. Nope, it happens in real time. Part of the game is paying close attention to what others do.