Universal Exploding Kittens® - The Official Game (by Exploding Kittens)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. I just played on my iPad bc I wanted to see if GC makes a difference (I don't have it on my iPhone). It scales up so its a little fuzzier, but plays fine. I actually prefer it on there and find it odd that it's not a universal app.

I couldn't get a game working properly on my iPhone and I don't know if that's bc of GC or just a coincidence.

2. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    I just purchased it and tried one match on my iPhone and wow, it immediately found players and started the game, no wait time or whatever. The game is really fun and the sound effects are hilarious, it's definitely worth the price! I'll try later on the iPad.

3. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Have fun ^^

4. Den Den

Jun 11, 2014
    I tried it both on my iPhone (bug free) and my iPad (with the GC bug), works well on both even though it's scaled on the iPad, as you said. Really wish this was universal, I hope they eventually update it to universal. Yours could be a coincidence...

5. I played some games on my iPhone now without a problem. Not sure what was going on earlier.

Had a really great game that got down to basically back and forth trying to avoid picking up that last card. I lost in the end, but I think I put up a good fight.

6. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Just played my wife, it's fun even with two people.
    This game looks fantastic too.
    All it needs is a one player against an AI opponent option and it will be perfect

7. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    When I play the card 'see the future', I get the feeling that only the top card is accurate. Because if I keep counting and I pick the 3rd card (since I viewed the top 3), it's suddenly an exploding kitten?? No shuffle, no one replaced an exploding kitten or other actions with the deck were made.

Could be me though, but it happened more than once. I will really focus on it now. Any other people got this feeling? I'm not that stupid.. Haha!

8. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Of course you wrote a guide. And it is very helpful. Thanks!

9. Glad to help. :) I have more fun with the game when my opponents put up a good fight. My favorite matches were the ones where we get down to that last card and the game can still go either way. Even when I lose, it's more fun that way than when people just mess up because they don't really know what they're doing.

10. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    My favourite games are multiplayer online, where two players develop an arbitrary grudge against each other :thumbs:

Them, and compound slap wars, where slaps keep on accumulating.

My most spectacular escape so far has been eight successive card draws, after losing a slap war. (And losing it *hard*!) :thumbs:

11. gquiller

gquiller Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    So from this, I assume it's two player only? Excuse the redundancy & thx

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Nope. It's up to 5 players in all modes.

13. gquiller

Nov 15, 2011
    So there is AI for single?

14. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    No. Up to five human players.

Really does require an Internet connection.

Not sure AI would be any fun, tbh!

15. gquiller

Nov 15, 2011
    Thanks!

16. Yeah, I can't imagine this being fun against an AI. It's human behavior that makes it exciting. Just wish I could get some private games going so it's not always with strangers.

Really enjoying this a lot more than I expected to.

Btw, if anyone's still on the fence, I made a gameplay video of some public matches:

17. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah just received the real card deck! Love it!

18. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    I am loving this game way more than I expected. I even bought the party deck lol. Best feeling ever is when you are blinded, slapped and draw an exploding kitten so you have to randomly fumble around for your defuse and hope you choose the right card. Just did that, felt the most relieved I have in a long while whew

19. Den Den

Jun 11, 2014
    Still enjoying this a lot, it's my go to game whenever I have 10-15 minutes of free time.

I'd like to ask about the IAP, there are 2 cosmetic packs, and an extra card pack. What happens if you buy the extra card pack? Can you use it in every online multiplayer lobby or are the standard deck and party pack expansion deck lobbies separate?