Universal Exploding Kittens® - The Official Game (by Exploding Kittens)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Dam

Dam New Member

Jan 23, 2016
    No

No, versions available for now is just a multiplayer between iPhone via bluetooth or wi - fi but they are in the same room . The mode against the computer is not present while the internet will be implemented with future updates to that of the developer .

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    The game has been streamlined a bit, now those cards are simply played sigularly as a "Steal" card.

Matches are no longer required

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Physical copy of the game came in the mail today!

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    If this gets online internet multiplayer I will get this for my entire family lol. It looks like a lot of fun.

Billy

5. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

THIS is the issue I'm worried about. My kids tried to play the other day, but had connection issues and then when they got connected, the blasted thing crashed and they gave up.

If that's still an issue, then the app is in serious need of getting fixed right the hell up, but this is one of those games (like Fluxx) that just fits better in person. As someone who was raising his fist and stomping about asynch play for TTR and a slew of other games, I've seen the light: that just doesn't happen. I don't play that style of games.

And if it doesn't come with it, I've stopped buying in hopes that it'll be added in later. Eclipse has been my biggest frustration. I ADORE that game so much, but BDC just dropped the ball on many of the fixes, and have abandoned it. Unfortunately I think it's seriously soured me on them, and I'll not buy a game in hopes that they'll add what isn't there, ever.

I know it's a business, but at the same time it's important to actually produce what you SHOULD produce, and certainly not make promises that end up nowhere, especially when you're refusing to speak about them.

6. minusbacon

minusbacon Member

Jun 12, 2015
    #86 minusbacon, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    Says the person rambling on about how easy it'd be to implement AI and whatever else you've been babbling about.

If it's sooooo easy maybe you should design a game.

I really don't understand why so many people are giving 1-2 stars over something that they're saying will be available in the future. Don't like what it gives now? It's simple-- DON'T BUY. Or maybe you should read a game description BEFORE paying for it. Don't give the game a shit review just because of your assumptions.

I admit I didn't read the description, bought the game, and was disappointed when I launched it and realized it didn't have internet play. Am I gonna give it a shit review for it? Nope. I'll give it six months. Even if it doesn't have it then, no big deal. My family and I will still have fun playing it locally.

It's $2 and the in app purchases are currently free. $2.

Two. United. States. Dollars. If you're THAT upset about a game missing a feature that they're promising soon then I think you should be worrying about and putting your time into things other than video games.

7. minusbacon

minusbacon Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Only issue we noticed was it would take some time for my kids to actually join the game I started after they pressed join. I'm thinking that's why they didn't implement internet play yet-- make sure local network play is streamlined and working great before adding another level to it.

8. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

To be fair, that's like $30,000 Canadian right now. Sigh. Stupid Canadian dollar...

Either way, still WAY cheaper than the actual physical game, so I can't really complain.

I agree. I mean, this has been in the description for a while, has it not? I went in understanding it was local play (it's certainly not a style I'm really ancy about playing with random people on the internet. It's a very person-to-person game, IMO) and I'm thankful I get the IAP stuff for free. My kids LOVE the avatars.

I just wish it wasn't crashing on the iPad 2 we have :(

9. CarlosR

CarlosR Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Really fun timewaster. I don't care for online multiplayer, is more fun to play with the same part in the room.

10. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Today's update says that network performance has been improved and that online multiplayer is coming soon.

11. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    #91 Gluskap, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    k.

BTW they updated the game with multiplayer today. Can anyone tell me it uses GameCenter or their own thing for matchmaking with others (because Apple's system programmers have depression right now so my GameCenter doesn't work) ? And what is Party Expansion, is it worth $2? Edit: party pack = 4 cards probably not worth it.

Just realised this is still iPhone only. You are doing app of a card game and you don't do iPad version. HAHAHAHA. Looks like Apple's developers are not the only ones have depression.

12. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah does it use GC or it's own multiplayer servers?

I also have the GC bug..

13. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    says compatible with iPad in App Store .. But scales up

14. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Is this cross-platform?

15. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Devs: how about portrait mode!!!??? That would rock!!!

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Cut the devs some slack guys. The game now plays online (with no GC bullshit) and runs flawlessly and the party pack expansion and avatars are the same IAPs that have been in the game from the start, except now they cost money because you were complaining about the game when it was released and didn't take advantage of the free packs.

17. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Is the online asynchronous or played in real-time?

18. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Having so much fun with this game now that multiplayer is live! And yes I have the GC bug

19. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Now that we can play online in a private room and invite friends, maybe we should have a thread in the add-me for games started or something so we know when our friends are on?
    I still haven't played this so Im just going to dive in with strangers and hope for the best!

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Was this released in 2016? I don't think I have any problem calling this my game of the year right now. I have not had this much fun in years and since you can play with friends (through a code system), it's pretty much guaranteed this will have a very very long life. Love it. LOVE it.