Universal Exploding Kittens® - The Official Game (by Exploding Kittens)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Mince0

Mince0 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    And you are everything that wrong with forums the moment some deserved criticism happens.

2. predator8u

predator8u Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Regret buying this, hope it pays off in version 2.0 . Seems like a beta not even universal support. Sad. I backed the KS too and hated myself for it.

Only brought because free IAPs.

Also how many iap are there I can only find the "party pack" but everywhere mentions multiple IAPs???

3. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

#63 Anonomation, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    The ban hammer isn't far off, I'm just warning you. You don't have to insult other because they don't share the same opinion about the game.

-What I think you should do is ask for their understanding and maybe converse why you disagree in a nice manner, but that's none of my business.

4. thenightfly42

thenightfly42 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    63 posts, and no one has reviewed the actual gameplay? Thanks at least to volcanopele, who says that a 2 player version of the card game works well.

5. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    Probably no one has gotten to play it yet. You have to have at least two ppl in the same room with the game installed on a mobile device for each player. As stated earlier in this thread: There is no 'pass and play'.

I too mostly bought it for the free IAP. Which turns out to be only 4 new cards and about 10 extra avatars. (BTW, that's the other IAP that you were looking for.)

6. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    What?

7. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    Satanism...

8. master333

master333 Active Member

Sep 28, 2012
    #68 master333, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    My review:
    Played this last night. Each player takes turns and you have to avoid picking up or getting exploded from the exploding kitten card hidden in the deck. You want to try and have someone else pick it up and the winner is whomever is last alive. The exploding kitten card is reused back in the deck so everyone will have a chance to explode eventually! You have 2 gameplay choices which are a) pick a card from the deck to add to your abilities or b) lay down an ability card to use. Gameplay can become very tense as you and you friends try to avoid the exploding kitten card. You have a handful of cards that do different things like: a defuse card that stops exploding kitten from exploding or you can choose to see the next 3 cards in the deck or you can skip a go and pass the pressure back to someone else. There are also steal cards where another player can take a card you choose to give them. There is a meter that tells you the chance of the next card being dangerous which is a cool effect when you see it over 70% for example.
    I really like it, a bit like hot potato and I hope they introduce AI soon for offline play.

Pros:
    -Humourously drawn cards by The Oatmeal
    -excellent easy to play card game with nice sound effects and presentation.
    -enjoyable fun game for everyone
    -getting a $20 game for $3

Cons:
    -free IAP? Only a party pack of 4 cards. Not worth it, where is the rest.
    -You have to at least buy it twice to play it.
    -screen cut off at the bottom on my iPhone 6 Plus. Have emailed devs.
    -Needs more modes! If they can add more modes this will be a classic.

9. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I went to the dev's Facebook page and evidently a lot of people are wanting more out of this app. I posted a comment to come visit here (if they dare, LOL!)

10. hoodwinkedfool

hoodwinkedfool Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Cool demo they released for $2.
    Does anyone know how to unlock the full game?

11. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    Not worth what? The $0 you paid? (also, additional IAP includes avatars, which is actually a bit laughable to consider that might cost something later on). As for having to buy it twice, that's not true. You only need to buy it once, and find someone else who has bought it... or download it to another device with family sharing.

12. bobehm

bobehm Active Member

Dec 6, 2012
    I've played the card game.

This wouldn't be that great against an AI.
    This wouldn't be much fun against strangers on the Internet.

This app would be most useful with a pass and play mode. Though I guess that would make Nope cards tricky to play.

As it is, this app should be free if they expect anyone to play it.

To answer the guy asking if the game is fun with only 2 people, not so much. It's best with 3 to 5. I don't think it really starts to shine until 4 players.

13. thenightfly42

thenightfly42 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    The other two IAP are found when you go to customize your avatar.

The game wouldn't run on an iPod Touch 5, crashes either when launching, or when starting a new game.

I found the gameplay to be OK (once we borrowed my wife's iPhone), my 13 year old boy liked it.

14. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, I'd only buy it if there is a way to play solo because I just don't get to hang with other people besides my wife and kitten very often. However, I would download it to my phone and the wife's phone if it was free. But doubt we'd buy it to only play two player. We'd rather just buy the physical cards. But I'm keeping this on my radar because I really do want to give it a try someday.

15. dominici

dominici Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Librarian
    Australia
    I've been playing with my 4 kids and it's fabulous...if you can connect! More often than not members trying to join time out, making it a fustrating experience. For every game we play we spend at least 6-10 times trying to get everybody to connect to the game. Otherwise the gameplay is great! Only other gripe is that none of the pictures on the digital cards are like the physical ones, they're all different. Guess I miss the hairy back dude, heh!

16. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I'd love to buy the card game but it's 50 dollars here in Japan so that app is my only way for now. Downloaded on both my wife and my iPhone but we had no time yet which is why I want an online and single player mode.

17. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    This game rocks when you actually get some people together

18. jrd

jrd Active Member

Dec 23, 2012
    This guy gets it.

19. jrd

jrd Active Member

Dec 23, 2012
    My impressions:

I played this with my wife last night. It's was pretty fun.

We had no issues connecting, the games were fast, and most importantly we enjoyed it.

As for IAP, there are 3 of them: 2 avatar packs, and 1 extra "party" card pack which adds some fun cards. We enjoyed the playing with the party pack more than just the standard pack.

While the addition of an AI would be nice, I paid a couple of bucks so I can't really complain. For my $2, my wife and I got tonnes of fun. Yes, playing over Internet might be fun for some, I personally prefer being in the same room - especially for this game. It's just one of those games. Also. $2.

If you're a whiner, this game probably isn't for you.

If you need $2 to buy rice so your family can eat, this game probably isn't for you.

If you don't have any mates, this game probably isn't for you.

If you're happy to spend a couple of bucks to enjoy a half hour with a friend or partner, sure, give it a shot

20. gbravetti

gbravetti Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Any one knows how to make two our three of the kind to stole cards from the others?

Great super funny game btw!