Exiles of Embermark - a PVP RPG tailored for one-handed play (by Gunslinger Studios)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by thewzrd, Feb 5, 2016.

?

In mobile RPGs, do you get more excited about PvP or PvE? (and why)

1. PvP is more exciting

41 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. PvE is more exciting

93 vote(s)
    52.0%
  3. They are equally as exciting

45 vote(s)
    25.1%
  1. Strongfort

Strongfort Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Oooh, thanks! I’ve been watching this development for a long time anxiously.

2. thewzrd

thewzrd Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    Whew! At it again with the Dev Update for the month and there's a bunch to cover this month (and a record number of images and GIFs-- the team is rolling!):

Inventory Redesign - oh, you don't think that's exciting? Well it is to us, cuz we're trying to pull off easy comparison of everything in a profile view on your phone and it's maddening. But we're getting there:

[​IMG]

World Map Navigation:

[​IMG]

DUNGEONS! (yes, Dungeons...)

[​IMG]

And tons of GIFs and bad guys and whatnot like this:

[​IMG]

Over 20 images and a callout for the new website I posted a bit ago HERE AT THE GAME DEV UPDATE. Yay!

Tychaeus likes this.
  3. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    I mean I keep saying so....but its just beautiful...coming along quite nice.

4. thewzrd

Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    Many thanks, Ty-- we are running hard to get this thing into everybody's hands!

5. thewzrd

Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    Exiles got a Dev Update today with a bunch of visuals, info on systems and where we're at with development. Thanks so much for following this process, we're getting there!

Highlights (there's a bunch more but here's three):

THE 3D CAMP (that travels with you across Embermark)

[​IMG]

THE ADVENTURE LOG (to let you answer "what should I do today, hmm?")

[​IMG]

THE BEAR (roar)

[​IMG]

Go get you some RPG goodness. We're nearing the end of the battle redux and loot system, which will unlock our ability to show a bunch of gameplay. Stay tuned and as always, I want to hear what you're thinking.

Oh, and if you are into the whole idea of our House system (think macro-guilds), check out the discussion about the changes we're making to their fiction here).

GAME DEV UPDATE | 7.12.18

6. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    Looms fun I’m registering right now!

7. thewzrd

Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nice! Looking forward to your feedback-- in the meantime, the Discord crew who we share with daily is a lively bunch (Exiles Discord).

8. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Thanks for the link but my parents don’t let me use any thing like discord ): sorry

9. thewzrd

Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    Ah, no worries-- looking forward to your feedback regardless.

Also, here's the rest of the Ranger character in the new player Camp:

[​IMG]

Tychaeus, Stoked and Cooper04 like this.
  10. RedDeluxe

RedDeluxe Active Member

Nov 9, 2017
    Westcoast
    Looks like King is trying to clone your game a bit with their new soft launched game Knights of Fury.

That's what happens when you announce so early though. You give time for bigger companies to copy you.

Knowing King though, they'll kill this during soft launch like they killed every other mid-core game they've made.

Cooper04 likes this.
  11. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Wow that’s kinda screwed up that they would do that.

12. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    Theres NO WAY, pft...I wouldn’t worry...just no way King is going to create anything near the quality, with the love and passion, developed by self described gamers, guided by a collective fanbase and derived from a vast amalgamation of their best RPG experiences over a lifetime...kinda development process LIKE Gunslinger (as far as I see lol) is doing. There is a LOT more to making a quality gaming experience, especially when it comes to the potential complexities of RPGs, than looking at someone elses work superficially and emulating it. Who knows, MAYBE they actually got their ideas from THE OTHER game that looks (superficially) a lot like what EoE is supposed to be.....This came out at least in soft launch almost around the time or shortly after EoE was announced. I couldn’t play it longer than a week maybe:
    Questland: Turn Based RPG. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/questland-turn-based-rpg/id1079884680?mt=8

13. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    Hah! Not to mention, like you said...King kills games. They are also working on “Legends of Solgard” which is (poorly) attempting to recreate the gameplay mechanics of one of my all time favorites “Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes.” As are bafflingly enough...basically NO other games that have really made a game comparable to clash of heroes I was out of my skin excited. I’ve played, quit, gone back and quit again...both times before finishing the first missions area lol...cuz its has SUCH a lack of charm and creativity that it only serves to make me pine that much more for (god forbid) a sequel to clash of heroes, or someone to take the core gameplay mechanics and make something unique and interesting from again. CoH was hugely successful and actually originally launched on Nintendo DS, later mannnnyyyyy other platforms with updated graphics etc......Im...at a loss as to why Ubisoft never has and seems never will make any kind of follow up. Nor is any developer utilizing said gameplay structure...one that would fit into literally any sales structure as far as ftp mobile game, paid premium, etc etc. it destroys me lol...um...did I do another long drawn out tangent again ?
    I gotta stop doing that

14. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    Im surprised, the game looks fairly fun and potentially interesting honestly. It still doesn’t arouse like new EoE dev updates though ;D

15. thewzrd

Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks for the heads up! I think the two games are pretty different though.

And oh, @Tychaeus YES. M&M CoH was soooo good. Loved it so much, played all the way through and agree that someone should use those mechanics as inspiration for another. Hmmm, maybe we should...

16. pixelcry

pixelcry Member

Sep 24, 2013
    can we beta test this on test flight ?

17. thewzrd

Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    Not yet, @pixelcry. But you can sign up to be in the early closed tests and then beta here on the website. You haven't missed anything yet, and we're working toward a Level 1-10 experience now.

Cooper04 likes this.
  18. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Suppose I was wrong! I was too scared to ever ask them but they let me get discord
    :) I’m gonna join the server now.

19. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    #279 Tychaeus, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    OMG OMG! Yiiiiis. ZOMG! I would praise your glory on high forever if you guys made a game with M&M CoH mechanics! I would love you forever. It’s such an untapped mobile game market! It still baffles me there aren’t copy cats everywhere. That game was mobile gaming gold, a home run, and so would any kind of genuine follow up! I’m SO on board! Doooo eeeeeet!

Of course I know you couldn’t make a true M&M follow up, but like I said, a new game inspired by etc. Maybe even a Sci Fi theme instead of the previous fantasy? Either way, it would be just amazing. You could even have a dualing system like CoHs had where players could battle each other for post campaign play!

OoHpps ;~D

20. thewzrd

Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    Well, THAT's an amazing response-- you know I was more ruminating than anything else. We've got this--er-- sorta massive project to land first ;)

(but oh man, i love that game...)

Tychaeus likes this.