Exiles of Embermark - a PVP RPG tailored for one-handed play (by Gunslinger Studios)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by thewzrd, Feb 5, 2016.

?

In mobile RPGs, do you get more excited about PvP or PvE? (and why)

1. PvP is more exciting

41 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. PvE is more exciting

93 vote(s)
    52.0%
  3. They are equally as exciting

45 vote(s)
    25.1%
  1. adamlax

adamlax Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Male
    You probably already answered this. Will pvp be real-time in this game?

2. fliindnyce

fliindnyce Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    $100.00 come on guys

Attached Files:

3. adamlax

adamlax Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Male
    #223 adamlax, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    What did this have to do with the game besides showing the internet you have a big watch and a few hundred bucks.

4. nezuja

nezuja Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2014
    I'm pretty sure there will be a few modes of pvp. One will be real time against a human opponent.

5. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    If you had been keeping up with the thread like a true gangsta you'da known.

6. thewzrd

thewzrd Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    Haha, all good-- yes, there will be live PVP where you will SMITE people on the other end of the interwebs, and there will be PVE (against NPC monsters & miscreants) and there will be "Sparring" where you can fight other player-characters as bots (with no repercussions on rank or any of that goodness).

7. thewzrd

Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    Exiles Game Dev Update | 9.7.17

Just put up a Game Development Update over on the Exiles Tumblr. Really excited about where we're getting in anticipation of closed testing-- some key systems we needed for it are now online. Here's some highlights:

RANKED PLAY-- Happy to report that our Rank system is operational and working (and I've been cheating to be at a rank I most certainly will never attain in the game for realz):

[​IMG]

VISUAL EFFECTS-- Tons going in to enhance all of drama of battle and map and whatnot:

[​IMG]

BOSS MONSTERS THAT TURN INTO LOOT-- Sort of, haha. Here's ol Grimhowl's Pelt:

[​IMG]

THE NEW GAMEPLAY DESIGN IS GOING IN NOW-- and will be in the next build!:

[​IMG]

Check out the whole thing here and on the Exiles Subreddit, where we'll be adding more images and info on the upcoming AMA.

8. thewzrd

Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oh, and I forgot to highlight the least-important-but-my-favorite thing that came online in this update-- animated weapons:

[​IMG]

9. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    This all looks so awesome! Very excited! Are you planning to do a beta testing and asking the community and do you have an idea when this is coming out? Fall? Winter? Next year? Thanks for sharing all your progress. It's only getting us more excited so I hope you understand that's why we keep asking about a clearer luxuriate of the crystal ball when it comes to release time. =]

10. Rhane

Rhane Active Member

Oct 17, 2014
    testing is most likely next year

11. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    Nooooo, lol
    Soft Launch was scheduled for June or July so I seriously doubt testing will be next year, more like launch.

12. thewzrd

Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    Right, we don't have dates yet for testing or soft launch, so stay tuned for that news. The Update I shared has detail on our gameplay evolution and having that in the game is one of the key gates for us to pass before we start our closed testing process. With the forge and ranked play coming online, we're starting to get closer, and I'll report back on what we learn on that front as it happens.

13. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    O'rally? =\

Oh well, something this awesome is worth the wait to make it perfect.

14. thewzrd

Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    Game Dev Update

Back with a new Game Dev Update to show what we've been working on lately: FIND IT HERE

There's a bunch more, but here's a few highlights n GIFs:

The female player character (finally, we have her working!):

[​IMG]

Askala (the map zone with a barely disguised name) gets a Battle environment:

[​IMG]

We're concepting and working on the backend for our many Events, including HOUSE WARS (huzzah):

[​IMG]

Tons more to check out in this Update. And if you're jumping into this thread and haven't said hi or sent me (TheWizard) your Username and Device Type on the Exiles forums and want to get in on closed testing when we fire it up, have at it!

(Zohra Swiftblade)

15. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    Give me a reason to stop allowing Valiant Force to hog all my time and money!! Heeeellllpppp!!
    Really though, every new update is so crazy good, amazing job from the looks of so far, pft....like I could ever say anything other than "amazing.." concerning EoE. So happy with how this is shaping up and how dense the content will be!

16. thewzrd

Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks, T! The excitement is a huge motivator for the Gunslinger crew.

Also, we're working on a visual for the Martial, Magic, Mystic advantages.

Which of these is most clearly telling you "magic does, 2x damage to martial, martial does 2x damage to mystic and mystic does 2x damage to magic?"

1) [​IMG]

2) [​IMG]

3) [​IMG]

4) [​IMG]

17. 2Cool4U

2Cool4U Member

Apr 29, 2017
    I like them all, but the three “2x DMG” seems a little repetitive (although I like the color switch arrows in #4). So I think #1 or #3.

18. nezuja

nezuja Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2014
    I’m going to put my vote in for #3 please. It’s simple, minimal, and gets the point across.

19. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    #239 Tychaeus, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    Yeah, right off the bat I would probably agree with numero 3. Although, for some reason #4 really catches my eye and stands out; I guess I just like the aesthetic. When I first saw #2 I thought the same thing though, the "2x's" image depicted three seperate places is a bit superfluous. I like #1 too, but I think it's gonna be #3.

Or....or or 4
    #

Almost complained about the color of the arrows pointing to what they are dmging. Then I noticed how the color on the arrow changes as it curves from blue into the red for example from the eye emblem to the fist emblem. Maybe accentuate that more? I was going to say change it so the arrows are the color of what dmg they are multiplying, then noticed that. I'm rambling....I'll stop hah.

Edit: sigh...sorry...I changed my mind lol. #3 is a tad too minimal imho, I am really digging #4. My vote is #4.

20. thewzrd

Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thank you guys a ton, that's good feedback. We'll have many infographic-y bits to share as we figure out how to get the rule system documented (outside of what's taught in the game, that is). We're just experimenting with ways to get the core things across.