Exiles: Far Colony - Sci Fi Action RPG by Crescent Moon Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoshCM, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corvo attono

corvo attono Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2012
    @josh
    are u working on updates for ravensword shadowlands still?

2. +1...

3. ruka

ruka Active Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Programmer
    Internet
    Not much details yet, but totally excited!!!

Wishing there were more games like RavenSword, and then there's this playable female character (attached to playing them after I played as female Shepard - Mass Effect, dunno why) and SciFi theme? Count me in for buying!

4. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    we've done some work to get iPod 4 supported, but still more to do there...

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    If this plays at least similarly to Ravensword 2, with about as much content (not too long), this is probably going to be my favorite shooter/rpg game.

6. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Hopefully it does. Also CMG Josh, will there be ai squadmates? Romances?

7. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    About how many hours of gameplay is expected to be in the final product? It'd be cool to have at least 12+ hours

8. zzandreezz

zzandreezz Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    USA
    Hope the plot will be good too.

9. To me story matters more than gameplay and the gameplay is set down by rssl so story hopefully will shine...

10. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Sculpt of a robot soldier.
    The story is pretty interesting - we're still working on it, but its pretty cool for sure.

Attached Files:

11. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Will we be able to get that suit or a similar one for our character? It looks awesome!

12. averythegreat

averythegreat Member

Mar 19, 2013
    I still suggest a much longer campagn than Ravensword, more side quests, or random enemy infested caves. And as always, thank you for your consideration.

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^i will be very happy if it at least matches Ravensword 2 in terms of content. At least EVERYTHING in R2 was fantastic and immersive... Nothing bland or boring, is what makes it great.

Cant wait to go pewpew, bzzzzt and whoosh on Exiles!

14. GKDAIR

GKDAIR Member

Apr 20, 2013
    I don't mean to be rude, but in my opinion Ravensword: Shadowlands was only slighty above average.

I found several things wrong with it, and I understand this is a mobile platform so you obviously can't have the same level of polish console games can, but even for a mobile game it was just...very rough.

1) Sound effects - More of them. The loop that plays for running is the same that plays when you're just walking. Also, the loop is maybe 3 seconds long, and sounds the exact same no matter what surface you walk on. The sword sounds the same when you pull it out as it does when you put it away. Everything sounds like it was recorded through a tin can as well.

2) Alive - The world doesn't feel it. I don't feel like I'm actually in a town or I'm actually talking to people. There are some quests where a person will be like "One time I found a cave, but I've never been able to find it again." and the cave will literally be right across from them.

3) No explanation about anything in-game. I couldn't find anything in the game that told me what hunger was for, or why I needed it. My regeneration practically stopped if I quit eating, and you get hungry way too fast.

4) Bugs and glitches - Holy lord there is a ton of them. I am playing on an Ipad 3 and I've encountered numerous bugs. Also, for fetch quests, I've accidentally sold off the items and still be allowed to finish the quest. That shouldn't be happening.

Hopefully with Exiles you will put a lot more polish into it, because being quite blunt, as much crap as Gameloft gets, there games are more polished than yours are, I think your games are a little on the expensive side compared to the level of quality we get out of them.

15. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Thanks for the feedback - the big RPG's always take a lot longer to make, which is part of the reason why we charge more. Especially open world RPG's - they tend to have more bugs.
    First time that I played Skyrim for instance - a rabbit hopping under water, a woman in town carrying something heavy - but no object in her hands, various other graphical glitches that are akin to some of the stuff in Ravensword. That is a game with 100x the budget as Ravensword.
    Gameloft's games are usually very polished - but I'm not aware that they do have any open world RPG's, at least yet...
    Exiles will hopefully be more polished than Ravensword now that we've got the system down and it uses the same framework as Ravensword.

16. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    Realized that all of your Open-World fantasy games final Boss is Demons.Does it be gonna be demonic like boss in Exiles?

17. lyace21

lyace21 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Demonic alien ;)

18. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    I feel the only really big issues with ravensword were that there were not enough side quests and it was too easy to get out of the map, which made it feel like you weren't actually in the world.

Other than that though I think the game was very polished and one of the highest standard games on iOS.

For Exiles, please consider the side quest progression method I think I mentioned on the ravensword thread if possible! Where in order to progress the main quest, you need to 'prove yourself' occasionally by completing side quests, in the same style as the Fable games on the Xbox 360, it makes the main quest feel longer and gives more meaning to the side quests! I really like that method

19. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    that is a really cool idea - I'm not exactly sure how we are handling the side quests yet in this game, but certainly a good idea to consider.

20. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    How about making a frontier in exiles the player will command to build buildings