Universal Exiles (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 28, 2015.

1. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Being in two minds sitting on the fence with a full wallet is no fun. This is where Freemium shines. 5 minutes free play with a full game unlock would have been perfect. I don't want to waste my money if it isn't any good.

2. ALWH1588

ALWH1588 Member

May 7, 2014
    Idk about you guys but this game is wow! The environments are blowing me away I'm usually a classic fantasy setting person but I'm starting to like futuristic even more now after just starting this.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Just spent the last hour driving a mech. Too bad the light mech doesnt have sideways strfing movement though. Maybe the other mechs later in the game have it.

4. walmartpolice

walmartpolice Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    Free to play sucks!!!!

Free to play would have been awesome.

People as a whole are complete idiots.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hahahaha! Headshot!

6. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    #107 Jake7905, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    To be fair, a free game with a full game unlock is definitely not Freemium. It's actually the gentlemen's choice in free gaming, so don't be so hard on yourself. I'm having a hard time making a blind buy on this one myself, especially with the impressions seen so far.

7. Malakh

Malakh Member

May 30, 2014
    I am finding aiming and shooting to be a bit of a challenge... I use my left thumb to move, my right thumb to shoot/jump/power...and tying to use my right index to aim... Not working....

8. gaymerX

gaymerX Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2014
    I'm going to have to wait on some reviews because the videos are not making this game look too good. The world looks lifeless and the vehicles look like they have weird tank controls. Not sure if I'll like this.

9. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I think my sticking point is the emptiness and having nothing to explore and no population in towns. Are there any other npc's in the game or is it just you vs the monsters? Is there a decent story here?

I like that you can lvl up equipment as you use it. What about variety of weapons? What about the gun sounds, music etc do you level up? What level can you reach?

There seems to be no feedback about the game much at all. Most I'm hearing is its 'ok' or some say it's 'awesome' but don't elaborate. Others say they can't put it down why?

10. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    I understand your concern and others, but this kind of chatter is the reason why devs are going Free route, because people are openly debating whether to spend $5 on a game that they took lots of time to develop. To each their own, but $5 blind buy for a game that I know works and is put together by a reputable team gets the benefit IMO

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Totally agree. I cant play this on my iphone 4s but i've bought this for my ipad and i'm really liking it. Yeah some areas are a bit desolate but to me its fine. Loved all the other RPG's by Crescent Moon and i'm sure i'll get into this much more when i play this more later.

You can tell its taken ages to build what with the graphics etc, plus Crescent Moon are great with updates so any issues i'm sure they'll get fixed. If people wait to buy games which are just $5 like this then thats another nail in the coffin for premium games as eventually more devs will go the free to play route

12. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Thanks didnt even know that!

13. amaurote

amaurote Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    pc version please :)

14. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    "App Store is currently unable to process transactions." Sad face.

If I were Crescent Moon, there's no way I would release this for free with an in-app upgrade. If it's free, every joker gets the chance to write a bad review. With a $5 purchase price (not a lot of money for something that looks like Destiny in your pocket!), only the people who have made some commitment to honestly try and play the game can write a review.

15. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Free + IAP to unlock full game just doesn't work.

16. ZeroOmegaZX

ZeroOmegaZX Active Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Network Admin
    Upstate NY
    .... Really? you own an expensive apple device and you're having issues doing a $5 blind buy on a video game?.... Pot meet Kettle. Its not wonder so many Devs go the free route. Even with a free game with a premium unlock what if the servers ever go down you are screwed restoring your purchase. its $5 man. A cup of god damn coffee. Its not $20-$40 blind buy like some things on steam or consoles. Suck it up.

17. taiga97

taiga97 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    I was hyped about this game mainly cuz it's by crescent moon, but I was disappointed. This game is surprisingly bad, there is almost no exploring, there's nothing interesting to look for, it's very short(less than 30 mins), and very easy. At this moment all I'm doing is farming for money(also easy). I'm hoping future updates will make this game better, at this moment I don't recommend this game, even to crescent moon fans like myself.

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #119 psj3809, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    I cant honestly believe this game has only 30 minutes content

Posting rubbish like that doesnt help at all

19. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    said no one ever.

Besides that, if a game is bad, it has to expect bad reviews. Free+premium unlock wont change this.