Universal Exiles (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    True that lol.

2. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    I agree #

3. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Now that the ios 8 complaints are done, can anyone provide imps on gameplay? One of these days I'll open a NZ account

4. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Not that easy for folks to get a new phone right off the bat, especially for one os update, or by extension one game.

5. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I still think it's cool what CM is able to bring to mobile, despite the whining about plain graphics and empty environments. No one else attempted to do an Elder Scrolls type game outside of Windows. This looks a little like Destiny, which has a good graphical style.

What's up with so many people complaining about iOS 8? Old devices, jailbreakers, pirates? I don't get it.

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I understand they are expensive and it's not easy for everyone as they cost even more than a console! My point was just that of course older models will stop being covered and being relevant as they are with consoles.

Anyway back to the game, I'm still actually on the fence with this one. I just don't know what I'll do yet as I do prefer the Ravensword theme but may still try anyway.

7. pkmvancouver

pkmvancouver Guest

#47 pkmvancouver, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2015
    The days of 32 bit iOS devices are numbered with apple switching to 64 bit chips and iOS 8 / Metal and 64 bit app requirements. You can't expect devs to support devices that can't use the latest and greatest features.

Still waiting on a good overview/impression of this game. Hard to tell by just the videos.

8. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    +1 to this sir, not very many open world RPGs out there and I think people sometimes forget that when they are hyping themselves up

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Playing this a bit, i have to say this is an ok game, but it is pretty inferior to Ravensword Shadowlands from what i've seen so far.

I love the character and monster details, but the environment felt like it was from a different, and much older game. They arent bad, but they look outdated compared to the character and monster models.

I really like how HUGE the maps are, and outside the first colony/area, there's lots of monsters everywhere across the desert which felt much better than inside the colony where it did feel a bit bare, especially since they made quite a huge town with large streets, and no populace. Also, since the desert has a much more variable terrain, it looks much better than the town's flat ground.

The controls are good for what they do, but i want to be able to move the buttons around like i could in Shadowlands. I thought they used the same engine, so im a bit surprised that polishes like controls options werent included.

The free-roam, open world aspect is good, similar to Shadowlands, and i like how there are blips around showing you your objectives around you. Fuel in vehicles felt unnecessary and annoying to manage, but i hope there is a strategic significance to why they implemented it so.

It's an ok game, but it's inferior to Shadowlands. Right now im tilting towards 3-3.5/5 stars, but i'll play more to see what else i may be missing.

10. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    ... slow clap ... :p

It is hard to have a automated complaint diarrhea subject any more off topic than this one LOL

We see the IAP one more frequently, but at least that is arguably impacting design and gameplay often enough to have a teensy bit of merit some of the time.

Incompatible OS / device complaints are a total non sequitur.

-------

I found Aralon hideously terrible even after many updates so I can't share your hope :)

Cresent Moon are some of the kings of unrealized promise in my book. I admire the ambition, and am intrigued at the sci-fi setting, but based on the videos, going to pass for now.

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It opens up the more i play it and im liking it a lot more. I would say it now does somehow go on par with Shadowlands, but it's pretty uncharacteristic for a newer game to have a pretty slow start.

12. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Good to hear man because I am getting this no matter what. I loved Shadowlands & Aralon as they were like Skyrim but mobile sized :)

13. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    There's a lot of slack given to mobile games, because they're mobile games. It's a strange world, because 3DS and Vita games are judge on the same scale as console games, but they're mobile games. I guess there is so much trash pushed into the App Store, when something decent comes along its a celebration. I've only been an iOS gamer for about 2 years, but with the catalogue I have, I'm seeing not many of these games could work on anything but mobile. The ones that actually would work on anything tend to make it to stream and the PS4, and were amazing even by those standards.

TL;DR : I don't enjoy this game- it's a letdown. There are games that are great no matter the console ( OMG Pirates, OTTTD, Space Marshals, Gunbrick, Xcom,Rad soldiers, etc.)

14. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Disappointed, of course I'll continue to buy CMs games but this isn't nearly as polished as their other games. It's empty, the world is not alive. It's also filled with glitches. Quite sad, the hype was huge on this game. It's just quite bland,

15. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    I think for The first time since Aralon and Ravensword Shadowland that i get pass This as it's Now,and I'm a huge fan of Sci-Fi in general,as i've The impresssion that still Like in pre-release version,that has been launch too fast..wait some updates and impression..

16. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    I can't wait. Looks like it could be awesome.

17. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    Play with thumbs not your index!

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah eventually i had to settle giving it a 3.5/5. Ravensword Shadowlands (i hate comparing when making reviews but what the hell) just feels more complete.

There are good things going on in this game like the character and monster models (top-notch in mobile standards IMO), but the overall atmosphere felt while playing the game makes this just an ok game to have, but not something i'd recommend considering we already have a few options on iOS.

19. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    I wish the vehicles was more centered!

20. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Come on guys we need some more positive comments in here! I know I have been waiting for this for a while so if its not up to exactly my expectations its ok I mean there will be updates and such too dont forget. Be it more content or bug fixes and such.