Universal Exiles (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    It (the world) looks very empty/dead and sterile.I'll buy it nonetheless because my hunger is big for such a game and i guess it's quite fun with a controller.

What about metal support?

2. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Did I see the Sydney Harbour Bridge in that video? Looks very dull and linear and the graphics in the video weren't eye catching.

It looks kinda barebones. I wonder if there's much depth to it.

I'm still open to buying it if it's got a good story and gameplay. It's on my list of games to get.

3. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

IOS8!? Fudge!! Was looking forward to this one. Hopefully the info.plist trick works with this otherwise I'll have to pass for now

4. Opheus

Opheus Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    After watching Sanuku gameplay video I must say that I'm a little disappointed. The control seem kinda clunky, graphic is not that impressive either. Guess not an instant buy for me, will wait for further imp.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Not in PH yet... I need a haste spell or something.

6. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Man don't say that :( I figured they would of added more people and such to make it not as empty.

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The setting is in space, im guessing somewhere in a remote planet. Not every planet is Coruscant when counting the populace.

And the title is Exiles.

But yeah, i do hope there is much to explore around for. Like collectibles, or even just minor upgrades, similar to those of Shadow of the Colossus. The main exploration in SotC is to look for the monsters, but going out of the way has its merits (hidden locations, lizards, fruits), and i was wondering if there is anything like that in Exiles.

8. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Casting interrupted...

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #29 Exact-Psience, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
    Nope. Casting is a success...

Downloading now. ;)

EDIT: almost half an hour later and my download's still just at 30-35%. Slow internet connection plus streaming League of Legends LCK Spring contributing to that. :p

10. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    TBH, you have to expect crescent moon to do this. I don't remember much of any of their games having personality or life. They are ok games, because they are mobile games, but if they were released on PC, they would be horrible. Ravensword proved that when it was released on PC.

11. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Oh,paper monsters has a lot of personality and life imo.And holds up very well to console games etc.I'm really looking forward to the recut so i can play it with a controller

12. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Ios8... Can't play this. Can only be a spectator now

13. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Aralon was awesome so there is hope.

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Which is exactly why im not dismissing the game for that reason alone. I am not on the PC for this, so this deserves a bigger open eye at least.

15. WingMaker

WingMaker Active Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Italy
    Cool!!!!!!!

A new ShadowGun...
    I'm needing this one! (-.-)

16. Orderhere

Orderhere Active Member

Jan 28, 2015
    Meh looks really boring from the gameplay video. Bland environment, bland characters, just your run-of-the-mill guy-in-spacesuit with variety of huge-ass sci-fi weapons shooter. There are probably a few hundred of these types of games already. These types of games never have any replay value. When I was playing that "Dead Effect" game by Bulkypix I was already thinking "am I on the last level yet? Want to finish this quickly cause it's so boring" on stage 2.
    Oh and iOS8 only... well no reason to even consider it then.
    Just cause it's Crescent Moon doesn't mean it's amazing. Ravensword wasn't amazing, it was just good imo.

17. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Me too! All this wait for nothing… :(

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Wouldn't mind if we knew beforehand. All this waiting and I can't download it !

19. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Yes, and I don't quite understand why it doesn't support iOS 7.1.2. Obvious the devs said yesterday in the upcoming thread it wouldn't run fine on the 4S… iOS 8 consumes too many resources on the 4S for anything to run fine.

20. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I don't know why you all don't quit complaining and update your device. If you can't update your device because it isn't covered anymore or can't handle the ios then get a new one.

I don't mean to be rude but it's so irritating hearing it all the time. You wouldn't buy Fifa for the ps4 and start complaining that it won't work on the ps2 your still using would you?