Universal Exiled Kingdoms RPG (By David Ballestrino)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow that advanced stuff sounds awesome!

2. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Whoa, yeah, I can't wait to see the advanced stuff! What level do those skills unlock btw?

Thanks again for the detailed write up. :D

3. Excalipur

Excalipur Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    You get advanced skills from the various guilds. They have stat prerequisites though, rather than a level requirement.

4. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Ah, gotcha. Thanks!

5. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    So if you have awareness 2 you can poison mirmek pods. Where can you find poison though? Online searches haven't yielded an answer.

6. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Interesting. I absolutely love how this game allows you to play it so many different ways depending on how you spend your trait and skill points.

7. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    So, I take it is a great role playing experience? In sense of playing a role...

8. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Oh, VERY much so! :D Like, for instance, if you have a high enough intelligence (usually just 1 early in the game), you'll have alternate dialogue options available to you that allow for unique character interactions.

9. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Great to hear that! It is so rare nowadays and it is a shame that few games manage to do that kind of thing.

More impressive it being the work of just a guy.

10. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Yeah, so many games now days are so cut and dry it's kinda boring. There's only ONE way to do the entire game, so it just feels lifeless. If you want another excellent game with alternate ways to complete quests definitely check out The Quest by Redshift. They use personality to influence dialogue options, but there's also multiple outcomes to most quests to. I like to save my game before talking to the quest giver just so I can see how each option plays out. Def something today's games are lacking. :)

11. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    You recommended The Quest a while ago and I got it.

Great game, though I lost my save and couldn't bring myself to start it again yet. Might do it sooner than later, however.

I am also looking forward to seeing The Quest 2.

12. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Yeah, starting over is rough, and it's kind of similar to starting over in Exiled Kingdoms. I started over when The Quest HD came out, and was really happy I did because it allowed me to make better decisions about my character build. :)

I'm really looking forward to The Quest 2 as well! Especially since this one will be a party based RPG like the old school ones I grew up playing. :)

I guess, The Quest heard me talking about it because it just received an update at the same time I got a notification for this thread. LOL!

Attached Files:

13. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    I wonder if this is how? You can find it at the black market in the sewers of New Garland. :)

Attached Files:

14. IOSgamer1980

Nov 6, 2015
    I'm trying to get there now, although the sewers are really tough for an archer rogue. Has me rethinking my pure ranged combat focus.

I'll let you know how your lead pans out. Thanks. :)

15. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    You're welcome! :D Yeah, those sewers are just rough, PERIOD! Rats just keep coming outta nowhere!

I just spoke with the Avanced Archer trainer of the Seventh House, and it looks like once you can learn Rapid Shot and Precision Shot your life gets a WHOLE lot easier. :D

16. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Bought the game. Expected to pay 4.99 as per Repulsa's original comment. But the game is just 3.99 at this point. Loving it so far. Btw, is the 'Bestiary' and 'Lore' available yet in the Library, or is that coming in a future update?

17. IOSgamer1980

Nov 6, 2015
    The spider venom did the trick!

Apparently mirmek' are weak to spider venom. Not sure if poison modifier in general works against them.

Attached Files:

18. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Whoa, nice! :D Glad I found it then!

That's one of the things a really love about this game. The ability to accomplish tasks more than one way. :)

19. Oscar Streaker

Oscar Streaker Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Really enjoyed this game until I started running out of stuff to do. I did most completable main or story quests pretty quickly and didn't feel like pointlessly grinding away on town hall quests. I'm assuming there's a whole lot more content to come, as a large portion of the world map is unused.

20. IOSgamer1980

Nov 6, 2015
    My advice for new players is to take it easy, pace yourself and start multiple characters. Hopefully we get the next content update soon and the final one by spring as promised.