Universal Exiled Kingdoms RPG (By David Ballestrino)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Sep 28, 2016.

1. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Very true but with work, family and all the other time consuming aspects of life, I'm left with very little free time to play games these days so every second counts!

2. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I agree with this 100%! I have very little time to game for the same reasons, so I've got to make it count when I get the chance. :D

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Agreed!

4. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Same boat. There was a time when I could devote a whole day to just gaming, but circumstances change and now I get to play games a couple of hours in the evening if I'm lucky, and the misses doesnt have any more chores for me.

5. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    I feel you....not literally of course, that would just be weird....#

....anyway - not to rub salt in the wound but today is one of those rare occasions where I have 8 solid hours of peace, quiet and nothing to do but indulge in a good game.....yes EK, I'm looking at you.....and possibly considering a threesome with Dungeons of Chaos too....I know, I'm filth....#

6. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    #126 TheSop, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    Absolutely love the Diablo series (especially the original) and tempted to get this but would like to know the following.

Does this game support iCloud saving across devices? So if I delete the game or reinstall it I can continue where I left off.

Does this game use Game Center?

How does it compare to Titan Quest?

Are there chapter bosses like in Diablo (butcher, diablo etc)

I have read that the game isn't finished, what does this mean in terms of the gameplay? When is this likely to happen?

7. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #127 Son of Anarchy, Jan 6, 2017
    Dude, just download it, it's free to try it out. I think you'd answer most of your own questions if you do :)

Edit: I feel like I shoulda been more helpful so...

iCloud - yes, but you have to sign in with a google account or something.

Game Center - don't think so.

Titan Quest comparison is pretty subjective, obviously graphics and budget aren't the same. Gameplay is just as fun imo. Lots of loot.

I'm only early game as I keep changing classes so don't know about bosses. I've found getting started tough and am only now comfortably surviving and gaining confidence in my gear and skill choices.

The developer spoke about his future plan and content for the game a page or two ago I believe.

8. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Thanks for your response

9. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Just to further add to what SoA has said above - already there appears to be enough content to warrant the full price purchase but if it helps reinforce confidence, there's already a burgeoning Android (and possibly PC but not sure?) fan base out there - iOS release is recent but has been out on Android for a while already I believe. The developer is engaging and responsive with the community here and on the official EK forum, which is always reassuring. He's released a number of cross format updates and still has plans for more. Take a look at the Exiled Kingdoms official forum and see what others have been saying - just try to avoid the spoilers!

Edit: tl;dr - developer is regularly engaging with community and has committed to continue development until finished. No guarantees but it's the best you'll get.

10. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I started a cleric and started getting some gears up and such only about level 2 lol

11. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    I tried cleric to about level 3, and while I definitely intend to come back to him/her, I'm finally gaining ground with the warrior. Level 6 now and he's pretty beefy. I don't check my health and prepare to run everytime I see something now or hit quick save every 30 seconds lol #

12. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Yea cleric is pretty cool but it takes a minute to kill stuff without using a buff or something. Plus it takes a sec or 2 for a heal to go off after you hit it so you need to be careful haha.

13. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    I started as a rogue first, but missed having magic so I have a level 6 cleric now. :D I'm really digging this class too because they can wear heavy armor, cast spells and still use decent weapons.

14. Excalipur

Excalipur Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    Haven't played in awhile because I've done almost everything and am waiting for the update. I have a lv15 warrior and Hirge as a partner at lv13, which scratches my magic itch sufficiently.

15. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Nice is there a bow rogue or all melee?

16. Excalipur

Excalipur Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    You can use bows; rogues are the best at it too. You have to switch to melee if the target is too close though. If you have a ranged partner, they don't have that restriction.

17. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #137 stubbieoz, Jan 6, 2017
    Just be aware (as has previously been mentioned in this thread) that the PlayGames service switch, on the main menu, that is used for enabling Cloud saves is causing the game to crash on some devices.
    It's a nasty bug that will just shut down the game.
    In my case it works fine on my iPhone 6 and it crashes on my iPad Pro. Hence Cloud saving is useless to me.☹️

EDIT:
    Okay I did some more testing about the Cloud saving problem.
    I was finally able to fix it!
    For whatever reason the game was trying to connect to a different Google Play Game account on my iPad than the one on my iPhone.

To fix it I clicked on the Play Game switch in the game on my iPad and made sure I entered the same account information that was on my iPhone.
    All now works.
    So try that if you are having trouble. It appears the problem is not with the game but instead with your Cloud settings. #

18. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    #138 IOSgamer1980, Jan 6, 2017
    Clerics are all about strategy and macromanagement. Without buffs and consumables a cleric is only as strong as his/her gear and base stats, and the relative power for those two sources is less than a warrior. When playing as a cleric you need to figure out what buffs you need and you need to be ready to get them from both your abilities and consumables like pots and scrolls.

Clerics need to pre-plan how they're going to handle big engagements, execute the plan, and end the battle quickly by smartly applying that small window of incredible power in a way that produces the maximum favorable result, whether that's wiping out the opposition or weakening it enough to be easily handled by the leftover power that you can muster. With a cleric you might be doing some target switching and falling back, as opposed to a warrior which is much more dependent on tactics and micromanagement due to abilities like charge, bash, and whirlwind.

I'm really enjoying my bow rogue, much moreso than my stabby rogue. It's probably the most tactically active class you can play right now as you need to be constantly maneuvering as you lay traps and kite enemies into them, engage in hit-and-run tactics, and use spring and stealth to gain ground on enemies or retreat and regroup. I'm only level three, but my understanding of how the stats and skill points increase bow damage indicates to me that this is a powerhouse class late game that you have to struggle with in the early game. It's definitely more tiring playing this kind of character than a warrior or even the aforementioned cleric where you're mostly hunkering down for a slog in comparison, at least as far as the big tough fights go.

19. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    These are excellent assessments! Thanks for sharing them. :)

You have me interested in staring a bow rogue now. :D

I still haven't tried a warrior simply because I like having more options other than just cleaving meat. Is there anything specific you could share to make the warrior sound more interesting?

Thanks!

20. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    #140 IOSgamer1980, Jan 6, 2017
    I think you hit the nail on the head with warriors. Either sword-and-board or two-handers, with either an initial focus on concentrating damage on a single target (bash, charge) or multiple targets (cleave, whirlwind). With the latter you're going to be kiting like an archer and with the former you're going to be nuking single targets (presumably the most powerful or boss ones) similar to how a cleric operates. The way I see it there are three axes to lean your warrior's skills 1) two-handed expert or shield expert, 2) resilience or fury, and 3) bash/charge or whirlwind/cleave. In the case of the second axis, it's going to depend on whether you want to tank or have an automatic switch to really kick up the damage as you fight without regard to your defense. With the third, I guess you could mix them up and have a single-focused attack and a multiple-target attack (bash/whirlwind, charge/cleave, etc.) but I'd stick with one or the other since you're going to want to either lay into multiple targets or a single strong target twice before you wait for a cool down. Similarly it's contradictory to take both resilience and fury, since one delays the other.

What's exciting for me is that there's a lot to think about here, and I'm just scratching the surface of the advanced abilities, which were a big surprise. I figured you reached a certain level and "class changed," thus opening up the other eight skill slots predetermined by that class. The reality is much more exciting - buying advanced skills a la cart and creating a custom class of your own based on which skills you purchase to fill up those eight advanced skill slots. It's basically the way The Elder Scrolls handles character building stacked on top of the pre-defined character class options of more traditional games. I'm excited to play around with all of the potential custom classes that this system will seemingly make possible.