Universal Exiled Kingdoms RPG (By David Ballestrino)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Sep 28, 2016.

1. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Just bought the game and I enjoy it. It reminds me of those indie RPG’s from the mid 90’s that you would find on the PC except this one seems much more complete.

My only complaint so far is ranged combat, in particular casting spells, which unfortunately seems pretty hit or miss. I’ve wiped plenty of times at the jail cells at the beginning of the game cause my spells wouldn’t activate against the guardians and jailers. Out in the open spells seem to activate better but in tight corridors they would just fizzle even if the enemy seems to be in range.

2. DavicBVal

DavicBVal Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2016
    #202 DavicBVal, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    Yes, there seem to be an issue when you cast very close to a corner or door. I am working on it.

EDIT: it is already fixed in the test update, should be out for iOS in about 10 days together with other improvements.

3. DavicBVal

Oct 4, 2016
    Update 1.0.1061 is out. It includes no new content but some visual enhancements will make the game look much nicer.

It also fixes all the remaining known issues about the Mage class, including the failed casting in narrow corridors and the aiming of Ice Storm.

If you play one of the partial-translations, this update includes a lot of new localized files. Portuguese is now 100% and we expect to have german and russian following soon.

Full list of changes:http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/changelog

4. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Any possibility for full screen support on the iPhone X?

5. DavicBVal

Oct 4, 2016
    I don't own a iphoneX for testing, if someone here owns one and is willing to try, please contact me at [email protected]

I'll make a build that I *think* solves the issue and offer it for download via Testflight.

6. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Sweet! Just sent you an email, thanks!

7. DavicBVal

Oct 4, 2016
    Thank you.

I still have to research the issue further. The problem is, Exiled Kingdoms is not a "standard" iOS project made in Swift/Obj. C, it is a Java project that runs in iOS through several third-party solutions. It is very likely that, in order to adapt to iOS11 and iphoneX layout, I'll need to update several such libraries, which is always a bit time-consuming because things tend to break. I'll get back to you when I have something ready, but I can't be sure if it'll be a few days or a few weeks.

8. DavicBVal

Oct 4, 2016
    Exiled Kingdoms will soon be released for desktop (including Mac, of course)

[​IMG]

Now with the shameless cross-marketing out of the way, the mobile version will of course keep getting updates.

Next update will not include new content, but a few important improvements/fixes. For instance, current input of Skill buttons will be improved. Currently if you tap a skill button while your character is attacking or performing another action, the tap is ignored. From now on it will be simply delayed until you finish the current action.

Also, there are a few specific iOS issues that I haven't forgotten, but will need to wait until the dust settles from the PC release. In particular, the crashy behavior from the Google Play Games connection, and the screen resolution of iPhoneX. I hope I can get into those things in a couple months.

Other than that, I expect to keep releasing more content as time allows. The game is already complete, but there're still places in the map I want you guys to play, and further detail can be added to existing areas. If only I had more time!

9. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Best of luck with the pc edition.
    Just be prepared for the usual "it's a mobile game so it's poop".
    I see that sort of reaction to a lot of mobile games that get released in the Steam Store, and sometimes they haven't even played the game. #

10. DavicBVal

Oct 4, 2016
    Thanks. Yeah, that's an usual thing to hear, but it's impossible not to draw some criticism nowadays when you expose work of any kind; in this case it's better to come from mobile and bring thousands of existing fans (and as you mention, the despise of some mobile-haters) than being entirely unknown and start from scratch...

11. DavicBVal

Oct 4, 2016
  12. DavicBVal

Oct 4, 2016
  13. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    If I buy the pc version can I transfer saves between that and my iOS version?
    If yes, can I do it easily or does it involve some sort of contorted file manipulation? #

14. DavicBVal

Oct 4, 2016
    You can share it, but you need to move the files. It is not too much of a challenge, however.

15. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    This looks great. But I downloaded it on my iPhone 8 and all it does is crash every time I choose new game.

16. DavicBVal

Oct 4, 2016
    Please disable the achievements system, it crashes with some users since some changes were introduced in Apple/Google. I'll likely replace it with Game Center in the future.

17. DavicBVal

Oct 4, 2016
    Latest iOS updates seem to be increasing the crashes caused by Google Play Games API. I am releasing a hotfix update in the next 24-48h, it will disable the auto-login to Google Play Services so the game does not crash on start up, and I advise not to turn it on except to make a cloud save/restore if that works for you.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm already looking into replacing the achievements and cloud save; in the meantime, if you need to backup and it crashes for you please use the "export to file" method and copy it via itunes file sharing.

18. DavicBVal

Oct 4, 2016
    #218 DavicBVal, Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    Since my last post here in May I've updated the game twice, including lots of new content (free for those with a full license). Last update released today on App Store (1.1.1103) introduces companion-specific quests to learn more about their backstories and also to reveal new game lore.

Full list of changes: http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/changelog/

During the summer I'll try to address the iOS-specific issues that have been coming up lately (google play connection crashes, and iPhoneX resolution). I hope I can make it work as intended, but my hands are a bit tied due to the multiplatform nature of the game and the latest decisions from Apple about OpenGL support.

19. allsopj84

allsopj84 Active Member

Jun 13, 2018
    Male
    Do the cloud saves work in this game for iOS? So if I get a new iPhone later this year can I carry over progress to it?

Also does the loot in this game have different rarities for quality? Ie rare, epic and legendary.

20. DavicBVal

Oct 4, 2016
    The cloud saves are having compatibility issues. They work for most players, but some have crashes which I'll fix by replacing the whole cloud system (or trying to) later this summer. However, you can backup your games via iTunes File Sharing, and that works fine.

There's over 600 items in the game, all of them handcrafted, some common, some rare, some unique.