Universal Exiled Kingdoms RPG (By David Ballestrino)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Update is out!

2. DavicBVal

DavicBVal Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2016
    A number of users are experiencing problems when trying to restore a purchased license since past week. Apparently there is an issue with the refresh of iOS licenses cache, which is easily solved following these steps:

1) Sign out of the App Store on your device: in your Settings app > "iTunes & App Stores", tap your Apple ID, then "Sign Out" (don't sign back in yet)
    2) Return to the app and from main menu go to Store > Restore Purchase. When prompted, sign back in.

This is a widespread issue so if you're having similar problems in another game, it might also help.

3. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    I gotta get back into this game. How's the next update coming?

4. DavicBVal

Oct 4, 2016
    It's coming slower than previous one because I decided to start the translations, given the big number of volunteers accross the world that were asking me to participate. Organizing all the files, dealing with fonts, adapting the game to handle multilingual text, etc ate up almost a month worth of development, but it's finally done and now there's over 50 community members translating EK to 10 more languages.

Yeah, I know, this is a mostly english-speaking forum and you want new content, not this :D. But localization means the game will become more popular and succesful, which will allow me to make it even better ;)

5. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Whoa, that's one hell of an achievement! Congrats! :D

6. DavicBVal

Oct 4, 2016
    #186 DavicBVal, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
    New update came out yesterday.

v.0.9.991 9/5/17

Content and world changes/additions

* New areas added: 3 new outdoor sectors (Friguld and surroundings), dungeons, guildhalls in Nivarian and other interiors. Total 10 new maps with challenges usually around level 9-15 and a few higher level encounters.
    * 4 new completable quests, starting around the new town of Friguld, or at Nivarian.
    * Quest "Relics of the Mangled God" has been renamed to "The Dead God" and is now completable. For clues on how to continue it, explore the new areas.
    * 5 new Advanced Skills available from Nivarian trainers.
    * Vorator Eggs now have an use...

Features and improvements

* Controller support added (Android only). Movement, combat, skill usage, quick items, interact with people/containers, and looting (Take all) is supported; for handling menus or inventory you'll still need to use the touchscreen. The default configuration works with iPega controller, but you can map your own controls in the Settings menu.
    * New option (in Settings) to have the "attack" button also open containers or initiate dialogues when no enemies are nearby. This is especially useful when playing with a Controller.
    * If you press the attack button on external controller while looting a container, you'll "Take All" and close it.
    * New portraits available during player creation, by Yuvon
    * New UI settings: you can now adjust the controls' distance to screen edge.
    * Clues about locations: instead of being told that certain thing is "somewhere in the wildlands" you'll get a bit more accurate information, like "northern wildlands".
    * Added a warning message when you close a container leaving a quest item inside, or when it's dropped because of a full inventory.

Balance and Adjustments

* Level 25 cap removed, you can keep leveling up. But remember the game system is still designed around 20 levels, progressing above 20 will be very slow, as it's considered a "bonus".
    * Cleric skill "Guardian Wolf" costs less Skill Points on the first two levels, and now has a third level.
    * Quest "Lost in a Good Book"; if you defeated or helped the giants and left without talking to Sullidar, you can still talk to Arkados and complete the quest.
    Shards of Fate quest: chance of bosses to drop shards increased, and 2 more shards added at fixed locations.
    * Quest "Honor Among Thieves": if you fled from Nifuruc, you can later return to fight him and complete the quest.
    * New Leaderboards, the old ones had a score cap of 12000 points that was already surpassed by many players.

Bugfixes

* Shield Expert was wrongly granting bonuses when an offhand weapon was equipped. As per description, it only works with a shield.
    * Some wrong locations on Town Hall quests have been fixed.
    RAM usage has been reduced.
    * When you have a 100% chance to disarm a trap, chance is now checked correctly (was a 99% internally)
    * DPS calculation was displaying higher than real DPS value, due to an error with critical damage. Fixed.

I know it has taken long, over 3 months! But now the whole game engine is localization-ready and next updates will come out easier with that part out of the way.

7. DavicBVal

Oct 4, 2016
    #187 DavicBVal, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    Just a quick update here to inform about development.

I of course keep working nonstop in the game, and very soon (this month) I'll release the update that includes the ending of all incomplete quest including the main quest. I think you'll all love the ending, I've put weeks of effort into the final dungeon alone; but the update will include much more (12 new areas in total, new mechanics, over 50 items, new enemies...)

Thanks to everyone that has been playing the game in the current state, I hope you'll feel the wait was worth it :)

8. IOSgamer1980

Nov 6, 2015
    Can't freaking wait. I've been holding off until the game is done. This really is the closest to the Gothic and other great CRPG series on PC from the golden age of PC gaming late 90s to early 2000s I've ever seen on mobile.

9. DavicBVal

Oct 4, 2016
    #189 DavicBVal, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    Exiled Kingdoms 1.0 is finally out in App Store! Of course development continues as I want to introduce more content, but right now the game can be finished (probably over 110 hours) and includes 108 areas and 80 quests, all of them completable.

Side note: after completing the main quest, you can keep playing (well, if you save the world, that is) :D

v.1.0.1024 29/8/17

Content and world changes/additions

*Main quest completable, with different possible endings and resolutions. You can keep playing after saving the world!
    *The quests "Master's Laboratory" and "Where is Amarisa" are completable as well, leaving no unfinished quest in the game. Plus 4 new quests, raising the total to 80.
    *11 New areas added, most of them action-packed and challenging. Mid-level content includes "Maze of Lamth level 2" and a new elemental cave in Tremadan's Tower, the rest of the content is related to the Main Quest completion and recommended for level 17+
    *New challenges and rewards in the end game. Over 50 new items including weapons with new powers, new potions, sets of armor, and yes, some silly descriptions. But get ready for tough enemies and entirely new dangers as well!

Features and improvements

*New "Banishing" weapons, more efficient against demons and elementals. Some old weapons now have this tag.
    *Several enemies got a graphical upgrade.
    *XP points of player/companions can now be checked in the Details section of the Character Window.
    *Moved the Quicksave button slightly away from quicklots to avoid accidental saves.
    *Links to the Exiled Kingdoms Wiki added to the Library section for fast reference on areas and quest walkthroughs.
    *Italian and Turkish localization added (only early areas for now). More dialogues added for the rest of translations.

Balance and Adjustments

*Leveling has been rebalanced to make it more fair, especially in the mid-levels. High level monsters grant much more experience now.
    *Cleric skill 'Guardian Wolf' has its cooldown reduced, especially as you improve it. On third level, it now summons a Spirit Wolf.
    *Cleric skill 'Arbenos' Might' now doubles its effects when wielding a 2-Handed weapon.
    *Cleric skill 'Sacred Fire' now does increased damage and has a much reduced cooldown in higher levels.
    *Cleric skill 'Heal Wounds' has a much reduced cooldown in higher levels.
    *Orduc will pay less gold for emeralds.

Bugfixes

*Solved an issue with rumors that could report boss monster locations as "unknown location" and sometimes not showing on journal.
    *Attack animations were incorrectly indexed, making them loop back. Corrected.
    *XP Gained during dialogues or quest rewards was not getting the proper bonus. Fixed.
    *The "time played" counter in the Details section was not being increased correctly, especially on long games. Fixed.
    *Removed lag on "floating" numbers and texts during combat and casting.
    *Solved several crashes that affected devices with older android versions.
    *Fixed dozens of small minor map errors and typos in dialogues.

10. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Awesome!! Congrats!! Your game is incredible!! :D

11. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I don't know if it has been asked already but any idea when the Mage class is going to be added?

12. DavicBVal

Oct 4, 2016
    I want it to be included in 1.1, but I can't give release dates yet. At least 6 months, as after 1.0 I'll split my time between Exiled Kingdoms and the next game.

13. IOSgamer1980

Nov 6, 2015
    There's plenty to do with three classes. Heck -- this game kept me busy for weeks before the last two or three major content updates were added to the game.

Absolutely buy this game, support this developer. We need more of this on iOS. David is every bit as good as the dudes behind Demons Rise, Lost Portal, Lowlander, Rise to Fate, Card Crawl/Thief/Miracle Merchant, etc.

If you love Diablo or hack-n-slash in general and/or Gothic and late 90s/early 2000s CRPG's, or both, you'll love Exiled Kingdoms.

I can't wait to see what you do next.

14. DavicBVal

Oct 4, 2016
    Something much bigger ;)

15. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Very excited here.

16. DavicBVal

Oct 4, 2016
    Happy holidays everyone!

Exiled Kingdoms is about to receive a new iOS update (... as soon as iTunes Connect is active again, as they close during Christmas).

The most important features are the Mage class and the new content (Kingdom of Thuram). You can check the full list here: http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/changelog/

All the new content and features are of course free for everyone with a full license.

That's all, have a splendid Christmas season :)

17. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    That’s great news, thank you! One of my favourite games. I have been getting updates over the break so it won’t bo much longer now. ##

18. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Update sounds great. #
    Good to see you are still supporting the game. #

19. IOSgamer1980

Nov 6, 2015
    David, you've worked long and hard polishing and completing this excellent game and I hope this community rewards you for it.

Yours is the first game I've ever bought that was "a work in progress." The gamble paid off very well.

20. DavicBVal

Oct 4, 2016
    Thanks everyone for the kind words. For me this game is just like a giant-sized pen and paper RPG game. I love to think of the thousands of people having fun with each little twist.

The update is finally available for iOS! :cool: