Universal Evoland (by Shiro Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #101 Intendro, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
    *starts game*
    *sees title screen*
    *goes into options*
    *taps the exit button*
    A black screen with an error.

...Wait a minute. See post after next. Or I'll just say it here too: apparently I didn't have enough space to save.

Attached Files:

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Another glitch... Just after

talking to the savepoint lady in Aogai my character sprite disappeared but i could still move an invisible avatar.

Restarting the app fixed the glitch, but it was fortunate to have a save just before the glitch happened.

3. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #103 Intendro, Feb 15, 2015
    Oh come on! The same error... When I touch the first save point. I tried a second time, it happened again.
    GAHHH!
    (And no, it did not save.)

...Wait. Oh. I know. *checks settings app* ...It's because I downloaded some random free things to try out and have almost no space left. Probably.

...Yep. That was it. Well, I'm kind of laughing at myself now. :p

4. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #104 Intendro, Feb 15, 2015
    Wait, how did I get free movement?
    ...Ugh, I'm half asleep. You start with it now. I'm going to bed now. Maybe.

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You still get it a few moments into the game. :)

Anyways, this is my first play with Evoland, and despite some glitches (which are fixed by restarting the app, so saving frequently is important), this is still one of the best games to play on the appstore.

Game length sure isnt the longest, but as proven by Monument Valley, when the is done real well, is pretty negligible. And i gotta say Evoland is such done-real-well game.

The controls for this port is fantastic and spot-on, the visuals and sound, from the pixel heavy golden years and beep-heavy chiptunes, to the more modern 3D visuals and high-def sfx and music, this game does deliver.

Do not snuff the game because of the game length. This is one of the appstore's treasures that must be experienced by every mobile gamer.

I gave it 4/5 only because the port may need some optimization to fix the glitches, but the game itself is divine to play.

6. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    Right, I should've been more specific. But you get it so soon it's almost like you start with it. It's on the first screen. :p

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I have completed this game 3 times, but im really wanting to play yet again. I really want to play it with an MFi controller though, i think with the addition of MFi support this game would be in its definitive version.

8. Anova

Anova Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 14, 2012
    Finally got around to playing is. What a fantastic experience, crazy work on the devs part.

9. TheGodless

TheGodless Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    I wonder how much space is needed to be able to save. I keep deleting games and apps and am up to about 800MBs and still can't save.

10. Did you reach the part with save points? You can't save until you do.

Even later, there are big sections with no save points. I quit the game after getting deep into this dungeon, dying due to tornadoes pushing me onto spikes, and then had to start back at the beginning of the dungeon. :/

11. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Just finished Evoland and holy sh*t. This is one of worst game/level design I've ever seen. The concept is cool and that's it. Controls, gameplay (in all types), mobs, story and whole dynamics are so bad. I'm not saying it's not worth $1 but it definitely is not worth your time IMO.

12. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Old thread, but had this sitting on my iPad for a while. I'm giving up on it. I also got a ways in, had a while from a save point, died, and now have to replay about 20 minutes of the game. And the game itself is very unique and somewhat interesting... but not very fun. So what's the point? If you're looking at the thread to find out if it's worth your time/money, my vote is to skip it.

13. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    On sale at 1usd

But seems no mfi...

14. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Wow cool i got this today
    For 1$ it's a no brainer
    Play for 15 minutes and quite good concept
    Because i'm an rpg lover, it s quite funny as a nod fot the genre itself

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I consider this game as one of the appstore's essentials, and i personally think it's one of the best pickups for any iOS user.

16. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    But no mfi is kind of a blocking point to me for suck game (espcecially on ipad pro 12")

17. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Yes evoland 2 is coming! Finally a reason to buy the first . I’ve always wanted to get it but refuse to buy a game that is reported to have no official ending and the developer announces there will be no sequel on mobile, to continue the story. Now there will be so now I must buy. Only a buck to boot.

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Should support it though. The more sales they get we might have got Evoland 2 sooner !

19. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Well like I said I won’t play a game with no ending and when a developer says I can’t continue the story because they won’t port it to mobile there’s no reason. I play for story, gameplay/entertainment, content in that order. Except for the exception of some free games like summoners war.

20. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    #120 Brightsiderus, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    I don’t think that they are connected by story.
    It will be released on 28th of February, so it’s soon enough