Universal Evoland (by Shiro Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 2, 2015.

1. leocold

leocold Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2013
    3D Graphic Designer
    Vancouver
    it is the little things, i loved it how it became 3d then textures were added, they did a great job, these days it takes a good game to pull me in and this one did.

2. piraterob

piraterob Member

Sep 28, 2013
    Yeah, it does get a lot better once you get save points and free movement.

It's actually pretty cool. You could look at it as an interactive history lesson on JRPGs.

3. Crazyboy423

Crazyboy423 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Studdent
    France
    Very nice game. But please Add floating controls.

4. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
  5. HippoHumper

HippoHumper Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2013
    So let me get this straight, when you start it's regular nintendo level graphically with basic turn based gameplay and as you progress the PC and world around you evolves into a fully 3D environment with real-time boss fights?!?! What an ingenious concept. I am very much intrigued.

6. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    #46 NOEN, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
    I KNEW IT!! I didn't think it was gonna happen this fast, but you cracked!!!! I've been waiting for this day to come! Haha....I would have never picked this game though. It came out of nowhere. If psj is breaking the cycle for this game, then EVERYBODY has to buy it to celebrate. It's like a holiday now. Mark it on the colander. Feb 3 #

EDIT: Unmark your calanders. I was half awake and hadn't had my coffee yet. I was thinking of EP. lol. The game is good so far, so buy it anyway.

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    psj? Isn't that Psience? :p

8. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Sadly freeing will still win since the model does work. So I doubt buying one app will changing that aspect. And for 3-4 hour rpg, does seem a tad over priced at $4.99. More like $2.99.

9. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    LMFAO

I thought I was the only one who did that! That cash back option at Wal-Mart goes a long way hahaha.
    "Sure hunnie I'll go grocery shopping for you" I said.
    "What the hell did you buy that costs so much!" says angry wife.
    "I had to get the kids some extra food and stuff...so what's for dinner my love?"

Quickly changes topic because her attention span isn't so long :D
    W-I-N-N-I-N-G

10. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Steam version is 9.99 so definitely is worth the price for a game than more than length the price value goes for unique concept amd design

11. leocold

Sep 15, 2013
    3D Graphic Designer
    Vancouver
    yeeeees the only problem i have with this game.

12. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Haha. My fault. I just woke up and was half awake. Lol, thanks for pointing that out MC. Serves me right to post before I had my coffee.

13. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    I really want to buy this but maybe I should finish FF6, DQ4 & 8 first.. That might never happen so screw it, I'm buying it.. Gamecenter achievements would be nice ###

14. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Wow.

This is BRILLIANT.

So good I'm actually tempted to complain it's too cheap. Really.

I've recently become quite game-jaded but this has really captured my imagination. Brilliant concept executed beautifully - consider skipping a meal to buy this if you have to - playing it will take your mind off your rumbling stomach until the next meal time in any case!

Space for one final sycophantic word of admiration? Oh go on then... Exquisite!

15. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Ja good point

16. leocold

Sep 15, 2013
    3D Graphic Designer
    Vancouver
    this just officially became one of my favorite RPG's, yes it is short but it is well made and cute, the story is duplicate and mixed from other RPG's and there is even a
    guy name SID with and airship
    lol but it was great, can't wait for next one.

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, ummm...I decided to check this out thinking 5 bucks wasn't too much to waste if it turned out pretty bad (as a bunch of reviews for the PC version would have you believe), but MAAAAAAAAAAAN!!! This is AMAZING!!! I don't know what it is about the game, but I think it's that "dangling a carrot in front your face" factor. Like, as soon as something in the game is updated/upgraded/whatever, you say "Alright, just one more chest", and here you are 2 hours later and you just can't put the frickin' game down.

I dunno, maybe 10 bucks was too much for the PC version. Were they expecting more? I honestly have no frickin' clue! That's what's making this post so hard to write. Because...ermmm...I'm enjoying this SO much that I can't figure out how such a superb idea, executed so frickin' flawlessly was given shit reviews on PC.

Look, just check this out if you're the least bit interested and avoid reading any of the PC reviews. If you want to see a flawlessly executed unfolding evolution of video games happen right before your eyes, you'll never think "I wasted that $5".

Love this. I don't know why, but godamn I absolutely love this game.

18. leocold

Sep 15, 2013
    3D Graphic Designer
    Vancouver
    couldn't have said it better i finished it on 1 go and it takes more than 3-4 hours, money well spent, the only problem i had that i want to mention hopping the dev looks at this page and will fix in the next update is the floating control and at the last boss the control became a little unresponsive for some reason on my ipad air 2, other than that it is perfect.

19. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    These controls ruin the game, did they even beta the game ?

20. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    #60 Saucepolicy, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    I agree the game desperately needs floating controls, however
    analog movement is unlocked pretty quickly, after which you may have less desire to throw your device at the nearest wall.