Universal Evoland 2 (by Playdigious)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    IPA installer !! how did I forget about it?? I just remember that I used the force install for Steredenn. Tomorrow I will buy Evoland 2 with itunes on my PC. I'm sure Evoland will run on my IOS 9.3 device. I will give my feedback later on. thanks for this idea!

2. yoshihunter

yoshihunter Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Ok so passed the rhythm.
    I had to turn phone so notch was at opposite end of screen. Place on flat urfsce and use two fingers.
    Had to long tap each time and scrapped through in the red missing every other note.
    It’s doable but there was much rage quitting

3. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Loved Evoland 1 After beating it was highly sad at the time that we didn't have the sequel, fast forward to this month & we finally have it! bought it without hesitation!
    A premium quality game, plays offline, has much to offer!

This one is VERY expanded on, I love how everything plays through!
    I found this one to be a lot more fun then the first to be honest.
    The jobs you can take are awesome & frustrating at the same time.
    Finding the collectible stars is fun but they don't seem to be as much of a challenge but maybe they will get tougher ^-^
    This game may be a RPG but it mixes the play styles one moment your fully walking around on a 2d map, next thing you know your going through a 2D level & things will keep changing so keep playing! Even the style will! This is worth getting, not to hard to pick up & play.

For the price it's So worth grabbing!
    -it's fun got lots to do & see
    -has it's funny moments with characters & certain text dialogs (worth reading them)
    -easy to play
    -can be played offline
    -gameplay slowly changes styles making things very interesting!
    -Collectable stars to find

~one issue the touch screen controls could be tough to get used to if you never played a rpg on ios
    (my friend had some trouble)

4. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Any plans to add spanish language soon? :confused::confused::confused:

5. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #85 Gambler, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    You’re welcome. Good luck :)

Edit: Got curious and downloaded and transferred my purchased Evo 2 ipa over from iTunes 12.6.3.6 (btw on Win iTunes stores the ipas in folder C:\Users\Your Username\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Mobile Applications\) to my 9.3.3 phone - as I said only upgraded my iPad to 11, hardly play anything on my phone anyway - and installed the game with IPA installer. As I suspected, works like a charm.

Really weird why some devs put in this arbitrary iOS restrictions if the game works on lower iOS versions without any issues (wanting to force people to upgrade?) - Anyway, you won‘t buy Evo in vein, it‘ll work on 9.3.3. Have fun, the game‘s a masterpiece.

6. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Ooh thank you for this i'll remember this for Newer games & older may do a few tests with this idea in a few months!

7. j.dillinger

j.dillinger Member

Apr 15, 2012
    I would also say the iPhone X home indicator line on the bottom is also a bug. Hope that's on the horizon to be squashed :)

8. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    The rhytm fight is killing me.

I really love (and so far am rather good with) 98% of all this game‘s different genres on highest difficulty - The cards, the turn based or the „strategy grid“ combat, the puzzles etcetc ... All good

But I was never one for rhytm games or stressfully quickly smashing buttons in the right order. I‘m sure it‘s easily doable for other players with other talents but for someone who has my gaming skillset it‘s a massive pita ...)

9. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Feedback so far?

10. Jean pierre

Mar 24, 2017
    I did it this morning! It works flawlessly on my ipad pro IOS 9.3. I played it until the first save point in the forest.
    It is a shame that Apple strongly advises the devs to put such limitations on the IOS versions. Hopefully there are devs who are reconsidering the "Apple strong recommendations", (Chase Holton for instance...).
    After having played this game a bit, I can say that it is a great game ! I am very satisfied with my purchase (7,99€ in France). Besides it is a real premium game without needed extra download and playable offline. Thanks to the dev!

11. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    It’s all cool

12. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #92 houseofg, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Anyone else having an issue with this game heating up their phone and chewing through battery? My iPhone X is getting hot enough that it dims to regulate temperature. I think it has only started as of going back to the 3D world (currently in the library solving puzzles though it didn't start here) but it's bad.

Kind of ironic, given that it's an old school nod!

13. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    #93 Solarclipse, Mar 9, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    I’ve been really impressed with the game and story so far, but in the lab when it gets Chrono Trigger-like I’ve been having a challenge.

edit: issue solved in recent update

14. Jean pierre

Mar 24, 2017
    new update 1.0.6

1st update (1.0.6) issued today but still IOS 10 minimum requirement.:confused::confused:

15. j.dillinger

j.dillinger Member

Apr 15, 2012
    iPhone X Home Indicator

I just updated but it looks like the iPhone X home indicator is still present. Why is this present? I don't have this issue with any other game.:confused:

16. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I hate this part of any game where you have to collect just enough of something. I’m missing 2 orikon ore. I pulled up the locations in the steam forum and went through that but I swear I’ve got em all and yet I can’t make the last item I don’t have any lol. They gotta be somewhere. Actually while I was searching for the ores I came across a bunch of stars but no maana either and I’m missing 3 of those lol. Blasted! I believe 1 of the ores I can’t get until end game. So I’m not there yet but that still means I’m short 1. I haven’t unlocked Menos’ guardian yet but even if I did I couldn’t do anything with him :p

17. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Since you're on an iPhone X as well, any overheating/dimming issues for you? This game just fries my X.

18. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #98 Gambler, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018

Did you do the Wok Donalds thing (three epic items) and find the treasure of Pirate Roberts?

Also thought I missed two Orikons lying around somewhere and „wasted“ quite a few hours grazing the whole world and every timeline for them until I realised I just had to finish the two quests mentioned above.

On a related sidenote, I adore this game ... Not only am I a completionist but it’s really fun searching around for the last stuff you’‘ve missed as opposed to most other games, where this feels like a chore

Soss likes this.
  19. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Yeh I ended up finding them. It was wokdonalds and then the last town area. The maana I was missing I actually did miss 2 and had to go back and get em but the third maana of course was in the last town. The only card I’ll never get is the expert flying course that shit is too hard lol. Bullet hell isnt my thing anyways I’ve always hated those kinds of games. It just bugs me that I won’t complete it.

20. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #100 Gambler, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    It‘s basically the second last card ;)

But I know what you mean ... I‘m no fan of those arcade shooters and never was very good at them ... I still can‘t believe I beat it 30 minutes ago after about 10 attempts ...

But believe me, if I can do it, you can too ;)

Edit: I was the same as you, was sure I‘ll never make it through the bullet hell expert (already had a very hard time at beginner) - Waited til before the game‘s endfight until there was nothing else to do to try it and with a lot of luck it‘s doable even for slow reaction guys like us :)