Universal Evoland 2 (by Playdigious)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Feb 28, 2018.

1. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    I think you are right! 8-bit world meaning the second world? If so yes!

The story with Mr Mudwell (especially the end of it at the sewers made me crying from laugh!!! Lol i mean i would pay 20€ just to play that part of the game! Amazing!

2. Nst72

Nst72 Active Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Enjoying game,but not sure what meant to do so far.Think I have to rest at the Inn but when I talk to innkeeper and ask for room and reply yes,he answers as if I said no..Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong.,
    Thanks

Attached Files:

3. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Agreed. I'm getting that horizontal banding a lot in this second world.

4. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Did you get certain quest with a shady guy? If not maybe you dont have enough money?

5. Nst72

Nst72 Active Member

Oct 31, 2013
    I have plenty of money.Not sure about shady guy.ill have a wander

6. Nst72

Nst72 Active Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Ah found him,cheers.

7. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Devs, any chance to add spanish in the future?:confused:

8. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Pretty sure thats intentional, its just the devs way of honouring JRPGs of the past where your choices wouldn't change s**t, lol

You need to get at the top end of the inn to continue on your quest, look for an exclamation mark ;)

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Been over a week since i last visited TA, and im glad i did to discover Evoland 2. Never thought i'd spend anything on a mobile game anymore after having the switch. My MFi controllers going to get some more use as well :D

10. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Welcome back ! Lol

This game is friggin awesome :) very nice indie game for veteran gamers, nostalgia overload #

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    My wife saw me playing on the ipad again and told me "you should go back to mobile gaming." Im pretty sure she was talking about the price difference of games. LOL

12. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Tbh mobile gaming ends up costing more for me because of the sheer amount of games i buy #

13. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    This game is so friggin amazing. Over 17 hours in and maybe a little over half done (bit of a completionist but still).

All the hilarious references, the many different genres you’re able to play and the time travel between 8 bit past and 3D future - Absolutely awsome!

Worth every cent!

14. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Yeah I know what you mean. I’m still on 9.3.3 with my phone. Maybe I’ll update to 11.1.2 with blobs the next days. I was on 9.3.3 on my iPad but was able to upgrade to 11.1.2 thanks to blobs and futurerestore. It’s becoming a complete pita staying on iOS 9 especially as a gamer. Less and less apps/games work.

15. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    if you don't care about the old 32 bits it is a good alternative to switch to IOS 11 but some 64 bits games will no longer work also.

16. yoshihunter

yoshihunter Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Was loving this game until I came to the Turing tests and then the rhythm section.
    Controls are so unresponsive that it’s almost unplayable.
    The snake level took ages due to controls not registering and I am now experiencing the same for the rhythm boss.
    Touch screen controls on iPhone x

17. TheBruceHarris

Jun 12, 2015
    Host and producer of the FirstAndMonday.com podcas
    AppleTV was made for this game

Played 8 hours yesterday with my 6 year old. I haven’t played any game for that long in ages. Finally makes the Apple TV feel like a consloe. Great work, devs!

18. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I’m fairly early on in the game and I’m already having issues with unresponsive controls on the Air2.
    I thought it was me just being clumsy but I don’t think so, it’s really starting to annoy me now which is a shame because I’m loving everything else about it.

19. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #79 Gambler, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    Playing the game with an mfi controller. For Snake the analog stick was a nightmare but with the dpad it worked like a charm.

20. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #80 Gambler, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    A lot of my purchased games don‘t work on 11 anymore. Even big companies like Gameloft didn‘t feel the need to update titles like MC 3, 4 or NOVA. I don‘t use my phone as my main playing device so I don‘t care so much if it is on 8, 9 or 10 but when the long drought between the 9.3.3 and now the 11.1.2 Jailbreak happened (I don‘t really count Luca‘s 10 - 10,2 JB as it was a total mess) it more and more sucked staying on 9 with my iPad and I had to hold myself back a few times from going back to stock iOS (for example when The Witness came out, then GRID, INSIDE etc).

I really understand wanting to stay on a jailbroken device because of all the freedom stock can never provide, no matter how much JB tweaks Apple copies - Nothing beats root access, a file manager and no need for iTunes anymore. But I’m sure you’re aware that if you stay on 9.3.3 game pickings will get slimmer day by day.

If most games didn‘t demand a higher version I‘d have stayed on 9 - Unfortunately they become less and less and it‘s a damn hard decision choosing between new games and losing your JB if you didn’t go to 11.1.2 in time or haven’t saved blobs. Luckily I’ve saved blobs.

But there’s one middle ground option that often works quite well: If you buy a game over iTunes App Store you can use the tweak “IPA Installer” to force install a game without it checking the iOS version. No idea about Evoland 2 but I was really surprised how many games I bought this way that allegedly need iOS 10 or 11 worked on 9. Alas, Apple scratched the App Store from iTunes 12.7 so you‘d have to stay on iTunes 12.6.3 and buy + download your Games there (and then either send the ipa file over ftp or via PC/Mac to your device and install it with ipa installer).

I’d believe Evo 2 has a good chance of working thanks to IPA Installer (just speculation but the iOS 10 minimum for this game seems rather arbitrary/artificial) but either way, your choice. You can get about half the games that allegedly need iOS 10 to work this way but as I said, only works for about 50% - So I’m sure you’re aware that you’ll miss out on more and more great games in the future with staying on 9.3.3 :(