Universal Evilibrium: Soul Hunters (by Creative Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    For me, this is a very solid game (a more casual Darkest Dungeon) that suits the price point nicely. The game is polished but the translation & spelling could do with another check over. Some things overlap each other, like the words become obscured in the comic strip cut scenes, or after a run (when you open the crates) one crate becomes hidden under the description text. None of these things stopped me enjoying the game though & if they were fixed I would've been happy to pay double the price.

2. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

agree with you, very solid game, the price of all card packs are too high though.

3. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    What? There are iaps in the game? Are they optional :confused:

4. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    no iaps, at least for now... i meant too expensive also for in game currency, i've played approximately 4 hours, completed a couple of main quests and ran 5 dungeons twice each and earned only 70 gold coins, while a pack of legendary costs 1000!

however, as i said before, i'm enjoying the game so much, it's really solid and playable, devs done a great job on this.

5. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    When you touch on one of your own guys, a shield appears above their head... is that telling the priest to heal that character? Even if you have no healing character the shield still appears tho.

6. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #26 stubbieoz, Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    The overlap problem with text and crates seems to be only with iPads.
    I have an iPad Pro12.9" and an iPhone 6.

The game looks and plays great on the iPhone with the wider screen and there is no overlapping at all, but the overlapping, I believe, is due to the game not optimised for the 4:3 aspec ratio of the iPad.

So far it has not been too big a deal but sometimes it requires a few taps to open up the last chest due to a screen popup almost completely covering it.

I am very concerned that as the game opens up more that the overlapping could make the game unplayable.
    I'm going to send screenshots to the dev in the hope thay can fix it.
    Might help if others can also contact the dev about it. #

EDIT;
    Something is very screwy about this game.
    You are unable to contact the developer. Links to the developer go to a "403 Forbidden" page.
    The game seems to have been released under another title in Steam, but that game now appears abandoned.
    The AppStore shows the game as being ver1.1, but the game on both my iPad and iPhone is ver0.073.

Purchase at your own risk. #

7. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #27 Gwarmaxx, Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    i'm still in the dark on that, can't understand the purpose of those shields, sorry.

edit > you caught the point, shield is for healing in case of a healer in the group, otherwise i guess it's a simple order to defend that character.

8. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    some lucky one who managed to get the boss soul in the second main quest?
    what happens next, boss becomes playable?

9. MintCity

MintCity Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2016
    The entire game seems like it was originally built to be a f2p experience but then they released it as a premium game. Pretty strange. I really hope they don’t pull a fast one and go f2p in the future. Great mix of different genres but I don’t really enjoy the auto-battle combat. It’s pretty grindy. However, worth the price point and the risk so far, at least if you play it on your phone. Avoid playing it on an iPad at all costs.

10. Tyra

Tyra Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Illustration & Graphic Designs
    Germany

Why is it saver to play that just on your phone?

Oh well, I would really play that ... but not sure if I should risk that. :-/

11. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    I wanted to reiterate my comparison to Motorsport Manager 2, after playing the game some more. For those wondering still how it plays, it's basically a Pokemaster simulator. You lead the group both on the over-world map and in dungeons, make the logistical choices about how to use resources and manage your team of creatures in the menus, and make macro-managerial decisions in battle about creature placement and usage of powers and abilities. The monsters are basically static towers that dish out DPS against the opposing creatures each battle.

Victory in battles is dependent on a number of factors, such as your management of your group, your usage of resources, the choices you make in dungeons, and the macro-game in battle. If you like tower defense games, this one may scratch that itch. If you need to navigate menu trees and click on your screen multiple times per turn for multiple turns throughout each battle to enjoy your RPG's, you might be disappointed.

As someone who enjoys simulations, turn-based games, and games with passive components like this, I'm quite enjoying it.

12. OrcWorkGames

OrcWorkGames Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2018
    #32 OrcWorkGames, Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    Thank you. Message us about anything on the game. :)
    You may contact me directly at [email protected] or post thought on @evilibriumworld on Facebook.

13. OrcWorkGames

Jan 26, 2018
    It is a fully premium game. We decided to release it as an intro to our Evilibrium Universe. We shall post the story behind the game here if you guys are interested

14. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    I talked to the dev, wich is a really nice guy by the way.
    Tells me it’s 2:30 am in his country and that he’ll be back tomorrow to answer any questions you may have.
    I thought I’d do this because I think the game could be something special in a near future.

It is already awesome but needs some tweaks.

I just wanted to do something so this little raw gem does not fall into oblivion.

Cheers TA!:D

15. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Thanks! I"m having a lot of fun with it so far. Question- how do you get gold? I'd like to buy some of the packs but they seem like they would take forever to save up for. Or hell, if you made some IAP for it, I'd throw a few bucks your way (please don't have like $100 bundle though.. )

16. OrcWorkGames

Jan 26, 2018
    Hunter's tokens are earned through contracts in pubs. The fact that they are so few and you earn so little is a bug in our balance which we shall fix next week. It will still take a while to earn 1000 tokens but it would be possible now. Sorry about this guys.

17. matscotty

matscotty Active Member

May 14, 2011
    Took the plunge after reading the devs comments... enjoying it. Thanks devs!

18. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    hi guys, really good job on this, love the mix of genres and their implementation.
    can't wait for the fix on hunter's tokens, thought it was impossible to reach a legendary pack!

19. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #39 stubbieoz, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    Developers;
    Any chance you are going to fix the game for the iPads aspect ratio of 4:3?
    The menus overlap the chest rewards making it very hard to tap on the fourth chest reward and the cartoon text gets chopped. Also when there are more than two enemies, sometimes the third enemy is out of view. This does not happen on the iPhone version as they have different aspect ratios.
    If you would like a screenshot could you please post an email address because you guys are pretty much impossible to find on the net.

Otherwise a pretty good game this is.

20. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    There are also UI problems on the iPhone X -- the left portion of the text is under the notch, and the home bar overlaps stuff sometimes.

On a side note, sophomoric as it may be, I had a *really* hard time getting past the "Assylum" typo you see as soon as the game gets underway. In general I can see where this is going, and it looks pretty good, but man, the polish...