Universal Evilibrium: Soul Hunters (by Creative Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Jan 24, 2018.

1. OrcWorkGames

OrcWorkGames Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2018
    Thank you for the feedback. We shall review it all and fix all we can.
    There is a story but it will be unveiled slowly. You'll see.
    As for potion use - there will be hero skill tree, and one of the skills will allow to choose whom to heal.

2. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    I've been playing quite a bit today and I'm pretty underwhelmed by the quality of life changes in the patch. The dungeon monsters are still way too difficult for the comparable level of the team that you have available to you. Just because there are fewer spawns in the dungeon is irrelevant if one Wisp or Trixie can still one-hit your team. The game feels like an Ult race - if you can't wipe the team before they Ult then game over.

3. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    I agree with a lot of your thoughts - I really want to like the game but its just really rough. Another big issue is the pace of play. On regular speed its painfully slow, but if you Auto then it blows all your skills when you don't want it to. Very much not user friendly.

4. OrcWorkGames

Jan 26, 2018
    What level are you in the game?

5. vectec

vectec Member

May 5, 2016
    Just my opinion but :
    For me, it must stay a challenging games. If your team is to weak then you must drop and level up.

I have a few dugeon to complete to end the game so it’s possible :) i think that the high difficulty is a good point which contribute to make a great game.

6. MasterWill

MasterWill Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Before update, it was impossible to beat stages with hard difficulty like Stage 7+ in most dungeons.

I didnt test yet but i think they are still impossible to beat because Bat wasnt the only Overpowered unbalanced monster in dungeons.

I noticed that NPC Monsters and our own Monsters have all same stats.
    Thats not really how it should be right ?

NPC monsters should have slightly different Stats than those we have in our Team.

Anyone of you guys have time and fun to make a new monster stats list for every monster with me? Doing those Stats should have a System which is balanced and reasonable. For Example a Bat is small and flies therefore fast and has high dodge while Brickster is huge and heavy, meaning no dodge at all but very high hp and resistance.

7. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Just read through the whole thread, checked out reviews. I'm trying to limit the amount of games I purchase in a month because I have a history of just buying stuff and never playing it.

In any case, this has my eye and has for two weeks (I have not purchased any games in that time, I should get a chip like in AA).

Questions before purchase:

1. I think I will like the gameplay loop. But I wanted to know what happens when one of your monsters dies. Do you lose all its progress? If not, can someone explain the penalty for failure?

2. How do you "level up" exactly? Is it just building up your monsters?

3. Can you grind easier levels to get stronger if you're getting killed too easily? (call me crazy but I like doing this in RPGs)

4. This one for the dev - If you plan on making the game free (as a demo, with an IAP unlock for the rest) - it will also keep working for all those who bought the game, right? You wouldn't make it a separate app? Just want to ensure we keep getting updates.

Thanks! I hope that the fact your game was featured in the "game we love" by Apple has boosted your sales; if not then I may have lost hope in humanity.

8. OrcWorkGames

Jan 26, 2018
    It will be the same app. The balance updates and bug fixes will be made and so will be chapters (as separate IAPs).
    As for sales boost - our sales are only 30-50 copies a day. Premium games on mobile are dead. :-(

9. OrcWorkGames

Jan 26, 2018
    An interesting point of view about stats. Why do you believe that NPC monsters should have different stats?

10. MasterWill

MasterWill Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    This way you individual balance stats of each group of monsters ( NPC and own monsters in team )

If npc monsters have same stats like our own its easy to predict ingame fights. If Npc monsters have other stats, it will more challenging and surprising.

You can controll individually npc monsters if they have different stats, you can make individual changes without changing any stats of our own well (hopefully) balanced monsters.

11. OrcWorkGames

Jan 26, 2018
    This is not the way we see it. In the game, YOU catch soul shards of creatures to create your own. Why should they be different from what you fight? You see a type of NPC but not the exact level - it could be 21 or 29, the appearance would be the same.

12. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Picked it up, first game I buy in weeks. Really good so far, I love the art, the overall style, the UI and generally just like the way the gameplay is done.

I will admit to being lost though, there are a lot of concepts I don't understand. I'll keep playing and I'm hoping I will eventually just pick it up and learn as I go.

13. cye0021

cye0021 New Member

Feb 18, 2018
    #253 cye0021, Feb 18, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018

I am a gamer from Hong Kong. I have got your game for just a day and I have already quite liked it. I have given five stars rating and written a positive comment on your game on AppStore. Hope it helps. I am saddened by the fact that your game only sells 30-50 copies a day. Honestly, your game aren't perfect as of now but it does show some potentials and I wish to see what come from your team in future. Good premium titles on IOS from smaller dves are hard to come by, so I hope you guys hang on and keep working on the game / the series. Don't give up!

14. vectec

vectec Member

May 5, 2016
    All my creatures are legendary, i finished all dungeons but i can’t find were to catch the young werewolf soul. Can someone tell me ?

15. Cwack

Cwack Member

Mar 17, 2012
    I've only seen them in one story mission. Never in any other normal dungeon. So who knows. Maybe it's another thing that's on the waiting list. I assume there is a content update in the works...

16. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Is there some story later on?

17. Cwack

Cwack Member

Mar 17, 2012
    The story just ends at one pointand implies it will continue in the future. Again, I assume we just have to wait for more info

18. OrcWorkGames

Jan 26, 2018
    There are a lot of loose end we agree but we are working on them

19. OrcWorkGames

Jan 26, 2018
    Thank you! We shall keep working.

20. OrcWorkGames

Jan 26, 2018
    Could you write us via a feedback button in the game?