Universal Evilibrium: Soul Hunters (by Creative Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I'd say option 2 as I think cutting out game features as in option 1 doesn't give newcomers full exposure on the potential of what the game is about. In option 1 they may not even understand that they are missing those things to begin with and so may just feel the game feels empty. Option 2 is full ball and a decent slice of gameplay.

2. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Option two seems best.
    I’ve bought this, haven’t played it yet. So grain of salt with this opinion.

I’m beginning to wonder if game designers are taking into account hooking players since premium isnt flying well.
    With TV series or books, you get cliff hangers and little hooks from subplots that haul you through. Even with samples of ebooks on Amazon, you get subplot hooks. Keep reading! Keep watching!
    If option 2 is a cliffhanger and a hook ending then yes, brilliant.
    I’ve played a few free games that just sort of let you wander about playing, and you could pay but you wear the game out and get bored.
    If it’s not a planned dynamic in game design, to cater for hooking players, seems as if it should be.

3. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    I also go with option 2!

4. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Option 2 sounds wonderful =]

5. Lateralus42

Lateralus42 New Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Great Game but it´s like a raw diamond. To really shine it need a lot more polish.
    I am fine until finish rare grade cards but to get the legendary artifacts it´s to much grind now. Some levels are also overcrowded with monsters! It´s not fun to play the same level over and over again without getting a real progression (finding legendary artifacts).
    And even I now envolved four cards to legendary, I not really can beat more deeply dungeons. I now waiting for the balance update until I continue to play.

But genrally I really like the game mechanic and I hope the developer will continue fixing some balance issues and get more copys sold.

PS. Not sure now about legendary or epic grade, I talked about the next step after rare grade. Sorry for that.

6. OrcWorkGames

OrcWorkGames Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2018
    A smoother balance is on the way. This week :) Sorry about the waiting

7. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    definitely option 2!

8. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Wondered if anyone could give me some progression tips - I feel like I've gotten a little stuck.

Current team:
    Back spot - Experienced Cleric 3* L30 - missing Crystal of Light
    Mid spot - Carrion Crawler 3* L30 - missing Cyrstal of Changing, Crystal of Earth
    Front spot - Beefy Zombie 3* Max
    Front spot alternate - Mature Wolf 4* L32 (dies too fast)
    Front spot alternate - Miner Skeleton 3* L30 (dies too fast)

Unlevelled cards: Manifold Kobold, Young Fruit Bat, Dixie, Annoydin, Nibelung, Will-O the Wisp

So for example I need runes in Stattgard Castle but I can't survive in Level 4.

9. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I agree with this, for what it's worth.

10. MasterWill

MasterWill Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013

I recommend this team:

Front Spot: Solid/Used Brickster
    Mid Spot: Bat
    Back Spot: Cleric

Used Brickster is a good Tanker and good damage dealer ( aoe ), strong hybrid !

You can get Brickster from Haxeturm for example.

11. Havelcek

Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Thanks, I'll check that combo out - appreciate the response

12. OrcWorkGames

Jan 26, 2018
    We are fixing the balance of the dungeons. It is by far too challenging and even unfair at the moment. The update should be one this week. Sorry for the waiting

13. vectec

vectec Member

May 5, 2016
    Lebel 3

All artefacts (rare, epic, legendary) can be drop on level 3 of stattgard Castel :). It takes times but it is possible.

14. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    I also think option 2 would be the way to go. what ever you do, don't give up on this game, I love it.

15. OrcWorkGames

Jan 26, 2018
    Update

Guys!
    The update with more balanced dungeon lower levels and corrected bats is now live. Here are the news:
    - Bats stats adjusted
    - Lower dungeon levels "population" corrected
    - Epic and Legendary artifact drop rate increased
    - Unit battle animations imroved
    - UI corrections and adjustments
    - Several visual bugs fixed

Thank you all for your opinions. We shall implement Opt 2 then :)

16. vectec

vectec Member

May 5, 2016
    It’s the first time that i spend as much hours playing a game.

Thanks dev ! Really great game

17. Havelcek

Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Thank you!

18. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Congrats for the update! :D To the dev : the game still has issues on iphone x not something that makes the game unplayable but it is still there some items are cut at the “weird” side of the iphone . I do not mind it so much i am still enjoying it so so much just wanted to let you know!

19. OrcWorkGames

Jan 26, 2018
    We would greatly appreciate screenshots of those problems. We have finally fixed the proper mail - [email protected]

20. Cwack

Cwack Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Thoughts

This is a super fun game and thank you for making it. That said, it doesn’t quite feel finished... and I thought I’d throw in my two cents since the developers look active and friendly :)

A lot of the problems I was having were fixed in the update today (especially those god-like bats).

Here is just a random collection of thoughts:

- Story - I feel like there isn’t a main story... just a random string of events (at least as far as I’ve played). This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, of course. But may be for some people.
    - The writing is bad - mostly speaking of grammer, spelling and typos. You can tell some thought went into the world - which is great - but it’s held back from being engrossing due to the technicalities. I assume English isn’t the writer(s) first language. The mistakes are present everywhere there are words. Hero descriptions (and the words disappearing into a ... when there’s not enough room). Their abilities. The lore. Items. Some quest descriptions give conflicting information (example: one says to capture baby carrion souls, then says (rare type)). Those are two different carrion types. In general, I think hiring someone to go through it all and do a proofread would instanlty make things better!
    - There seems to be a healthy number of troop types, but not all are useful (or simply outranked by others). For example, the wolf and skeleton are only useful in the first slot, yet they have no hp. There are tanks that fill that same slot and do comparable damage. Also, so far creatures seem to be first slot only - or 2nd and 3rd. Would be nice to see some variation of slots and skills. Perhaps some can only be third slot. Wolf can be second and first... etc.
    - For health potions in dungeons - it would be nice to select who gets it. Currently it’s in order from left to right. Favoring your active party over subs. There would be more strategy if I could bench a low health ally - find a potion - then put him back in the game.
    - A lot of stuff isn’t explained - again, good or bad, I’m just stating it - things like capturing souls. I don’t kno how many I need to create a card. I didn’t know what to do with them after I created the card (you can use them for exp. and selling to the merchant). I didn’t know you could sell runes for a while - may be a brain fart of mine though.
    - It could be nice to see available quests from the world map - instead of traveling to random towns searching for them. This may be intentional, however.
    - When losing all of your creatures in a dungeon - I think you should move the revive option to the bottom of the list (when trying to exit). It’s too easy to hit that expensive revive option for 50 coins. Alternatively, it could ask us if we are sure we want to spend it to avoid accidental clicks.
    - When capturing a creature - you can click anywhere on the screen instead of clicking on “capture”. This means accidental missclicks.
    - Aether - I have so much of it I don’t know what to do with it. Even with upgrading all of my troops, the supply outweighs the costs. Maybe we can do something else with it? How about crafting runes for a HEFTY price? I would love that.
    - BUG - the new update bugged the graphics on the kobold. He’s got floating black boxes all of his body (I’m on an Iphone 6).
    - BUG - I had two quests with the same active goal (explore some area). For whatever reason, the game wouldn’t let me complete them. I ended up refusing the quests and all is well again.

I think I forgot a couple things... but if I don’t remember they must be minor. Anyways! If you couldn’t tell, I love the game and wish you guys the best. It’s really a gem... and with a little polish, it will feel much more complete.

Thanks again.

P.s. wrote this on my phone. Forgive any typos :rolleyes: