Evil Dead (Official Movie App)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Ipadboy, Oct 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    Come on June my iPad it's on fireeeeeee!!!!!!!!

2. grant666uk

grant666uk Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    forklift driver
    Scotland
    Can't wait for a little iPad tree rape.

3. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    I'm definitely interested in this title...and wish I was involved with the beta.

Looking at the screenshots, my initial feeling is that the controls may be too dominating of the screen. For this type of game, the buttons should be subtle (preferably invisible where feasible), without big borders...and certainly without a big red knob. This is the approach used in another "horror" game - Dead Space - where HUD elements were removed or integrated into the scene.

Hopefully there's storyline actions to complete, not just dual-stick killing.

4. bebo_beta2002

bebo_beta2002 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    yeah i hope it has storyline besides i hope it's horror game with horrifying atmosphere and not just dual stick killing packed with action atmosphere

5. yaybooster

yaybooster New Member

May 25, 2011
    This is so cool!! Can't wait, finally a great Evil Dead game. Wasn't really impressed with that recent "Army of Darkness" game, but this.. I'm looking forward to.

Swallow this!!!

6. EvilDeadApp

EvilDeadApp Active Member

^ Don't want to give away too much, but the game is definitely a story-driven experience. The game has 30 levels that each push the story forward. After beating a level you can play it or any previous level as many times as you wish though! If you're familiar with the original film, you'll feel right at home - for a large portion of the game, anyway!

7. PnExT

PnExT Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    #107 PnExT, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
    what if we cant finish some levels,any cheats?:D

8. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    Great!!! Looking forward to this more than any other iOS game right now - huge Evil Dead fan :)

Any plans for a sequel?

9. EvilDeadApp

Ash doesn't use cheats! If you get stuck you'll just have to try harder... or get some tips from another player! The game does have a leaderboard and I'm personally looking forward to seeing how fierce the competition gets. A lot of the challenges are what you might call optional and it will definitely take some skill to rise to the top.

We do have some nice updates planned, but the app needs to do well so we can justify said updates. We'd really love to see them happen... so when the game is out we'd appreciate you tell your friends, your family, your neighbors, your dentist's cousin's best friend, whoever, about the game too! :)

10. EvilDeadApp

The Evil Dead app is now available in some territories!

More media will be out shortly.

ED Testers, we will get in touch with you shortly!