Universal Evhacon - RPG on the Unreal Engine

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Singer, Dec 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    It's $.99 and done by one person, so I give it slack, but yeah it's not. Combat is pretty slow, and unresponsive, walking animation is sluggish, and the UI is dull. Hopefully he gets some support to work on this, because it could be great.

2. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    #62 Elsa, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    It wasn't made by one person. It was done by two (a programmer and the artist/game designer). I don't have a problem with the walking speed, the UI works fine for me, except the controls need a little tweaking (what do you mean the UI is dull?). The combat isn't fast paced and I agree that it is slow/boring. But as soon as you get to fight an opponent who can also block, the combat gets on a more satisfactory level, but it is still too easy. It has some issues though, as you mentioned. You need to hold the attack button for a bit longer to perform an attack successfully. The bigger issue is that you also have to hold the block for a little bit after you already blocked the enemy's blow, otherwise you will still take damage.

But my biggest issue with combat is the combat mode. Combat mode activates only after I've been hit (or nearly hit) by an enemy it seems. You also can't get out of combat mode without killing the enemy, even if you walk away from him for 20+ meters. So don't ever go into a fight without a weapon, because all you can then do is to let the enemy kill you.

I also encountered some spiders that after a few hits didn't attack me back or move around anymore, they were only spinning there, facing my character.

Haven't tried ranged combat yet.

The game seems pretty deep so far, with all the books and houses I can visit/break into. And I love the gritty and mysterious atmosphere.

For 0.99$ this game is a no brainer for 3D western-rpg fans.

PS: Why are we discussing this in the upcoming-games section?