Universal Evhacon - RPG on the Unreal Engine

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Singer, Dec 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. APPSER

APPSER Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Male
    #41 APPSER, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    The game was specifically removed from sale before the release of 1.1, waiting for moderation Apple

New price $0.99

Check game in http://appadvice.com/trailers/evhacon

2. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    According to your count down the update should have arrived yesterday. Why are you waiting on moderation from Apple? Wasn't the update already approved for release, hence the count down you gave us.

3. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    At the end of the trailer it says "now available on iOS", so when is it coming because it's still not on the AppStore yet?

4. PietroNifosi

PietroNifosi Member

Jan 31, 2014
    #45 PietroNifosi, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
    Hey again folks :)
    Sorry for the late response!
    The game is still being reviewed by Apple apparently and it's taking longer than expected (because of the Easter holidays I suppose).
    I feel the need to clarify a couple of things.
    During the past few months the Apple Developer's Interface and Admin Panel have been drastically updated, this has brought several issues to my attention.
    First of all, the Old Evhacon version 1.0 was never removed on purpose, it disappeared from the store when my developer program expired last year. Recently it automatically went back online when I paid for the new subscription about a month ago. The only problem is that, this time (because of the interface changes I suspect), it was featured in the Appstore but not on my Admin Panel. I had to open a ticket and ask them to remove it manually again (because I didn't want players to buy the old unpolished version for 2.99 while the new polished version is going to sell for a very modest price of 0.99), this process took about 10 days. Now, the problem is that since the old App 1.0 no longer appears in my admin panel, I can't access it and I can't upload the new build 1.1 as an update, therefore 1.1 is officially a re-launch of the game.
    Moreover, Retroverso Games and several youtube reviewers (I will announce their names later on), who have also participated to the Beta, will do a draw on their channels and give away free promo-codes!
    One thing I want to highlight here is that Evhacon is a VERY GENUINE App. If you buy the game, you play it from beginning to end, with NO banners, NO adv of any kind, NO online-shop that asks you to buy extra enhancements necessary for finishing the game.
    If you enjoy the game all I ask you is that you share it and spread the word, this will make our next development faster and most of all BETTER. We are an extreme indie dev company and we rely on you fans to continue working on our project.

-Peter

5. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I'm curious as to who APPSER is and why they were posting countdown videos when the countdown was not correct.

6. zdkazz

zdkazz Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    First person? Or just third?

7. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    But will there be an online-shop that sells enhancements not necessary for finishing the game? If not, what's the catch?

So will this new version be an update to the old one or a seperate game? Just wondering if I'll have to buy the game or just update it (for the record, I'd be more than glad to pay the 0.99$).

8. PietroNifosi

PietroNifosi Member

Jan 31, 2014
    #49 PietroNifosi, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
    @zdkazz Third person style camera + orbit.

@Primoz Apologies, might have gotten lost in translation a bit there. What I meant to say is that there is no such thing as a shop where you purchase items and gear for real money (to me that would be speculation), while you can easily finish the game episode with what you find from chests corpses etc.
    The 'Catch' which is mostly a personal achievement is having demostrated that I've been able to create a high quality RPG (at least artistically speaking) by myself. And think for a moment what I could accomplish if given a real budget and a real team of co-workers, for the next project.
    @Primoz Yes, the game is a relaunch at this point.

-Peter

9. PietroNifosi

PietroNifosi Member

Jan 31, 2014
    #50 PietroNifosi, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    Alright folks, Evhacon has been finally approved by Apple and its status is now set to "Ready for Sale".
    The URL to the game will be this one

https:// itunes.apple.com/us/app/evhacon/id975614770?l=it&ls=1&mt=8

although it's probably still processing so it might show as unavailable (iTunes Connect email: It can take up to 24 hours before your app is available on the App Store. This delay is dependent on any app availability issues.).

Some of you guys should check your pm box, I've sent a few promocodes as a thank you for your support!

I really hope you'll like it!
    -Peter

10. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    This is the most generous thing ever. Thank you so much.

I'll get this as soon as I get to a Wi-Fi spot :D

11. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Thank You Very Much Peter!

That is very generous of you to let me enjoy your game for free and early. I will be there day one to buy on future releases. You just made a fan.:D

12. ThirdMoon

ThirdMoon Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    Is Evhacon rolling out worldwide? It's showing as "not available" on the UK App Store, and trying to redirect to the US store.

Wish you luck with the release!

13. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    It's still not out yet, not even in NZ. Give it a couple of hours.

14. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    I downloaded the first Evhacon on release, but didn't play it until I upgraded to my new phone. Just as I was about 3 hours into that game I found out that a revamped version of Evhacon is coming out soon, so I decided to wait, because the old game had some issues.

Anyway, I played this new version today and a lot of things I had problems with in the old version weren't addressed in the new one. The graphics and animations are definitely a step-up though.

You must know though that I played the old one for about 3 hours and the new one for about 1 hour, so I have no idea if the game gets better and I'm just judging it too quickly. I don't want to criticize the game too much just yet.

I'd still definitely pay the 0.99$ for it though, because that price is just ridiculous for this type of game.

15. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Game is buggy. I can't continue my game, because the door I went into is messed up. Like I exited out the game went to continue game, and it won't go past the loading screen.

16. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Very buggy and choppy. Looks like a game from 5 years ago.

17. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    The game isn't choppy at all on my 5s. Maybe you meant the controls, because the swipe to look (turn) is not smooth.

18. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    OK, agreed....but whatever it is, this game is not good