iPad Everlands - Outsmart the Evil! by the Dev of Totemo

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Jul 1, 2010.

1. cloudcastles

cloudcastles Well-Known Member

May 16, 2010
    Got WJLWT9FHPRRE, thanks! Will review on iTunes.

2. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

#22 ataloss, Jul 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
    That is a very good question, and, as I get my ass handed back to me again, I'm thinking with much more screen real estate, the board sizes could be increased too, perhaps including obstacles such as rivers, mountains or other elements that could add a deeper sense of strategy?

EDIT: Oh, yeah... and make it universal? Hoping hoping hoping... ;)

3. camihq

camihq Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Finland
    7T7T3E7XHKXT, thanks!

4. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    You lucky dogs!

All the codes are gone now.

5. GordonFreeman

GordonFreeman Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Noo! Too late...

6. quebecotr

quebecotr Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    Retired teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    Darn it - all codes gone. It looks like a really fun game. I've never played a hex game before - is this a good intro to the genre ? I like the graphics and theme of this game, and I'm very tempted.
    Can anybody give me a recommendation on hex games ? Should I get this one, or would you say another game would be a good intro ? I'd be grateful for any feedback. :)

7. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    I'm in the same boat, so I'd love to hear what others think of this game. I've been intrigued by this game since I saw it was released, but I haven't pulled the trigger, yet.

8. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
  9. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Oops doesnt support 3.0 ...dont know why dev chose that !

10. Hexage

Hexage Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Developer
    Europe
    Try Everlands Lite

Thank you goiMot for posting link to Everlands Lite.

Lite version contains tutorial in which the basics are explained and where you can freely experiment with some of the available animals.

There are also four levels from the beginning of the "story" gameplay mode.

Everlands contains dozen more animals, over 20 levels, special enemies and duel mode where you can play against your friends on single device. (On small, medium or large battlefields.)

If you are not sure whether Everlands is a game for you, don't hesitate to try Lite :)

Hope you'll enjoy the game!

11. Hexage

Hexage Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Developer
    Europe
    iOS4 support

It was either 3.0 or 3.1-4 ;)

12. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Really??? Is it a restriction by apple?...i mean o download alot of new games..very little ever dont support 3.0...and ofcourse they also support new versions or alot of members here will had problems...the only games which didnt support 3.0 uptill now is crystal war, pandora war and everlands...but rest of new games ..i have no problem...

13. Hexage

Hexage Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Developer
    Europe
    Everlands updates

Thank you! We're really happy you like the game :)

We plan on updating the content of all our games;

Currently planned is an addition of a "Quickplay" mode, which will be similar to Duel mode - Quickplay will pit player against AI with randomly generated decks of equal strength.

If you have any feedback or ideas on how to improve the game, please send us a message on our support address.

14. cloudcastles

cloudcastles Well-Known Member

May 16, 2010
    I left a 5-star review on iTunes already, but wanted to drop over to say I really enjoy the game. Would be fun if more animals are added in the future. :)

15. venasque

venasque Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Man I am SO bad at this game. :( Nothing wrong with it design wise, as I stated in a previous post I took a chance on the game and I think it's good. But it was my first Hex style game and I'm horrible. Getting owned by the snakes.

16. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    Question for hexage:

Played through the lite version a couple times and I am loving the game. But I play mostly on my iPad. The game works fine on the iPad btw. What new features will your upcoming iPad version of this game feature that the iPhone doesn't have? Cuz if there are no extra feautures, I would like to buy the game now, but if there are, I'll wait for the iPad version.

Also, are three plans to extend the story mode/implement new levels?

17. Hexage

Hexage Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Developer
    Europe
    Everlands iPad version

iPad version will be soon out :) it will be identical with iPod version for the time being, with enhanced graphics and UI.

18. funkyflychicken

funkyflychicken Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    I haven't regretted purchasing this game at all. I am relatively new to the hex games, although I've been aware of them and other tabletop games. Seeing people talk about Neuroshima Hex in another thread, actually lead me to this game due to it's name being mentioned.

I agree that people should NOT BE FOOLED BY THE LOOK OF THE GAME! This is no kiddy game. There is a lot of thought and strategy to the placement of your animals, but the nature of the visuals help people like my wife (And my five year old daughter LOVES it, and even gets the basics of how to play with no problem, minus the special abilities which makes it more confusing then for her) not feel so bad when they get obliterated, they just want to play it again and keep trying.

I've found that aspect of this game has helped give me a great start to these hex games, and now I understand Neuroshima Hex easier since playing Everlands.

Everlands seems to me to be the perfect game for people new to these hex games. With the inclusion of the quickplay/random "Deck" and board generators, I think that will also turn it into one that even the vets are going to have a hard time putting down. Random animals for each game would give that extra element needed for people who have mastered the game, since it would keep things fresh and unpredictable every time.

19. cprloe

cprloe Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Katy, Texas USA
    Update 1.10 is out tonight that includes, among other things, Global Leaderboards.

I hope this game can get more attention at TA, perhaps even a front page feature. It is a hidden gem and definitely one of the best strategy board games available for the Iphone. For those of you who are fans of Neuroshima Hex, you really owe it to yourself to buy Everlands. It's only 99 cents and a huge steal at that price. There is even a Lite version to try.

20. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

#40 Foursaken_Media, Jan 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
    I'm actually really surprised this game isn't more popular... what a fun "board"/puzzle game... tons of characters, cool unique specials for each one, LOVE the additional strategy of having specific attack sides... just really great game play imo. Played this for about 2 hours straight on the plane ride back from Connecticut ;) Got owned plenty of times, but its fun to correct your mistakes and develop your strategies with the new animals that you get after each level.

Anyway, for anyone even remotely interested in strategy, board, or puzzle games you should give this one a go!