Universal Ever Knight (by Kyle Barrett)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Foolish Mortal, May 3, 2017.

1. meder87

meder87 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Product Development Manager
    In the world of iOS
    Bought! Looking forward to playing this. :)

2. TheRealist82

TheRealist82 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2016
    I want to buy every game thats good enough to buy it whatever the price is....
    But this is truly a game for free ##

3. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    can please someone answer about the controls? is it swipe per direction or swipe-per-step? If it's per-step do we at least have the option of taps instead of swipes? I haven't bought it yet because i think if it's swipe-per-step i will end up with a burned thumb with all this fast action :p

4. You can tap to move straight up, but for any other direction you have to swipe.

5. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    I bought this game and I do like it but as mentioned above, it can be quite hard. If you stop moving for a second you will probably die from someone stabbing you but if you don't stop moving, you'll find yourself surrounded on all sides with no way out.

I actually don't like the animation of the guys tossing their swords in the air when you kill them. It makes the screen very confusing and hard to keep track of what is going on. Also, sometimes my guy goes right through enemies without damaging them. I wish the game was a tad bit slower so you can read the animations and make decisions.

Pro tip: Sometimes you can just brute force your way ahead to the next check point once you get the shield drop because another shield will drop along your path.

Def worth $0.99. Give it a shot!

6. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    I knew it!!!

!!!!!!!YOU SHALL NEVER LEAVE!!!!!!!
    #############

7. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Thanks! Now i seriously have my doubts about thumb burn, but maybe i'll give it a try...
    Dev, can you make the option to have asemi-fully-transparent D-pad instead of swipes?

8. digitalmasterc

Feb 14, 2012
    Great game! It's definitely challenging. I was worried about the controls, but everything feels really smooth. I've got to 100 so far. I think I'll keep this one around for awhile.

9. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Ok, the game really picks up once you get the Death Dealer weapon (300 coins) as the area of attack is much larger. Then get the Executioner helmet (200 coins) and all the weapons that fly out of dead enemies' hands kill neighboring enemies so with these two things, you start clearing larger groups and collect many more coins.

10. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Gonna try

Comments make it look like it's pretty good.

11. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I have been having a blast with this. A really great game for only a buck!

Pro tip, in the earlier stages it's a good idea to wipe out a bunch or enemies by going side to side on an entire row. Great for picking up a bunch of coins or powerups.

12. Foolish Mortal

Foolish Mortal Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2017
    Thanks for the suggestion, that's something we've been looking into. Can you let us know what you think of the swipe controls? Tried to make the swipe threshold as short as possible, allowing for more twitch-based movement and less effort.

13. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Under-priced for such a nice looking game. Hence I purchased it too.

14. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Nice tip! Will work on that.

15. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Swipe controls seem pretty spot-on. Not experiencing any input "lag" or missing of swipes....I have to say, you guys/gals did a fantastic job with the inputs #### Also enjoying this a bunch #

16. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Strafing works great when you get that big swiping sword. Just wait for the spear dewds to walk one tile above you and strafe-kill the blighters. Totally wipes out the whole screen, and does the job on the shield-wielding guys as well. Like someone said above, once you get that sword, the coins come flying in- you can easily make 100+ a pop. Not a grind at all (well, after a teensy bit of a grind early on).

17. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Some of the more expensive weapons aren't as good as the cheaper strafing one.

18. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Great little game! Definitely worth the buck!!

19. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Not yet...

After checking actual gameplay, I noticed this is definitely not my type of game. It's too crossy-road-ish for my taste, so I think I'll pass for now. It looks like many people are enjoying it but, for me, maybe another time.

20. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I'm really enjoying this game!!!! Well done!

What's funny is, and don't beat me up, but I actually wouldn't care if there was some IAP like a coin doubler in this game. I'd pay for it. It's definitely fun enough to warrant it and with only the dollar price tag it's ok by me.

This game does get pretty intense. I love the art style. I do wish though instead of swiping could we get TAP to move as an option????

Billy