Universal Evel Knievel (by Barnstorm Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Oct 21, 2015.

1. PixTragic

PixTragic Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Just got this game, NO3N seems to share my opinion on games most of the times so I bought it...anddddddd

I LOVE it, seriously, I like bike and racing games, and this one is ear the top. I though it was going to be super short, and easy...but this game is harddddd, I'm stuck on the shark jumps right now. I love the upgrade system and everything about this game is great. The graphics might be my favorite part

2. Fzang

Fzang New Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Anyone else feel that the final jumps are MUCH harder to complete than any other jumps? There's barely any room for mistake before you fall off.

3. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Where is good place to wheelie? I can't pass the wheelie for 2 seconds goal/challenge.

4. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Landing jumps definitely gets harder as you move through the levels. And the strength stat only seems to help a little - mostly about how you position the bike in the landing.

5. Lawrence Coleman

Lawrence Coleman Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Cool Concept I am downloading it now.. I have to play this game..

6. retrogamOR

retrogamOR Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Great game.

Anyone else having issues with game centre? My times don't seem to be updating consistently.
    On first boot,they seem to update fine.But if i try to beat the time again on the same level,it doesn't update my improved times.

Done all the usual,reset etc.And all other games are working fine with game centre (Ipad Air ios8).

7. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    how does this compare to bike baron?

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It definitely starts off slower and there's a lot less tracks to tackle, but I'd say it's my favorite bike game on the App Store, bar none.

9. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Just picked this up and my goodness is it amazing. I still have bike baron on my phone but this is something entirely transcendental.

On a side note, does anyone know how to unlock the "Do it again" helmet where it describes "recreate the introduction"?

10. akindc

akindc Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Jumping Lions?

Can't find a place to jump lions for one of the goals. Anyone?

11. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    first three missions. mountain lions.

12. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    #52 new_ipodtouch5G_owner, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    Evel Knievel got an update today...

What's New in Version 1.0.8
    - Super Strength Feature
    - Retry Final Jump Feature
    - Various Tweaks and Improvements

My 2 cents - I was hoping for some new tracks, but I'll take any updates I can get. Still enjoying this game a lot. The new file name is now Evel Knievel Free 1.0.8, I don't remember if this game had any in-app purchases before.

13. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Hell Yeah! I thought we'd never see another update. I'll take new features! I'm going to give them a good play through later today. I hope we will get new tracks too eventually. I love this game so much!

Billy

14. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Yeah, I just picked this one up for free.. Not sure if it is on sale, or if it went FTP.. Either way, glad to be able to give it a try.

15. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #55 Son of Anarchy, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    I don't think it contained iap previously and suspect it is now free to p(l)ay. I don't know how this affects the game just yet. I do hope this new marketing strategy does well for the devs though because it really is a good game.

Edit: The ftp mechanics are very fair. There are now optional ads to watch for cash and continues but no forced ads whatsoever. I'd generally insta delete any game with unfair or excessive ftp mechanics but this isn't one of them.

It's basically still the exact same Premium game but now you have a choice of watching an ad for rewards if you choose.

16. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Lol

I finally had a chance to play. I just loaded the game.

As a thank you for purchasing this game here is 1,000,000 coins.

I'll take them!

Billy

17. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    Sometimes I get scared when a great game goes ftp, so thank you for the update Son of Anarchy, I will definitely update the game now.

18. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    I confirm son of anarchy.

The game is 5/5.

Great Game.

19. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    #59 Matt33, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    I'm having trouble completing the "Make Evel bounce 3 times after a single crash" mission. I've tried having fans blow me around, hitting several surfaces. Also being bounced by the yellow spring surface multiple times. How do you do this mission, or is it a bug?

Experiencing some GC sync issues as well, I've unlocked around 7 helmets that don't have the corresponding achievement unlocked.

Edit: I could be wrong with 1 or 2, but it looks like all the achievements that have unlocked successfully are the kind where your progress towards it is shown. Thought that might be helpful info to find what's going wrong with the others.

After completing all the jumps, the lady asked if I could get all gold trophies or earn enough to buy the Stratocycle. But since the game has gone free, is spending $14 the only way to unlock that bike?

As a Canadian, I'm slightly offended that the snow theme was used for the Toronto jump in August, instead of the Ontario Speedway jump in February, haha. Luckily for Evel, it wasn't snowy that day either based on the footage. I guess he wasn't totally crazy after all!

20. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Perfect F2P experience.
    Recommended.