Universal Evel Knievel (by Barnstorm Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Oct 21, 2015.

1. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    You'll have to go to outfit selection and scroll your helmets there then click accept in the lower right. :)

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I love you guys. I seriously, seriously do. I saw this and thought it would some sort of F2P game cashing in on Evel's name and instead I'm sitting here grinning like an idiot. Premium, no IAP for extra stuff-nonsense, small install size (just under 320 MB), great physics and a wonderful tribute.

Again, thanks for your impressions guys.

3. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    This is such a spot on tribute to the games namesake, I can't help but imagine Evel himself would've approved of it if he were still around. The atmosphere and attention to small details is incredible. I spot new things in the backgrounds each run. The sights, sounds and fun gameplay all come together to create something pretty special, I love finding games like this.

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I uploaded a video, the entire last part where the big jump is done I did on my back lol. I was right there where it should have crashed me but man it was so damn sweet to fly in the air like that hahahahaha

Evil Knievel all the way!

Billy

5. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Does this have any type of icloud/fb/gc integration to allow me to continue play on second device?

6. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Ah that's it. I was in the helmets screen which apparently only tells you how to unlock them.

7. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Well I've just pickedthis up after reading the comments on the thread and I can safely say I'm not disappointed.

Absolutely brilliant - gotw for me without a doubt and I'd go as far as to say one of the best side on biker games I've played on the iOS.

I'm blasting through it very quickly tho - I hope there are plans for expansions to come, I'd happily pay an iap for more.

8. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    #28 Mr. Charley, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
    Can anyone confirm?
    Really want to get this game but hate having to choose only 1 device to play on.. :)

Edit: Forget it. I'll figure it out myself. Will download when I get home

9. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Nope, no cloud or fb etc.

My advice, go for 6plus screen and up, since the game will (and has to) zoom out pretty much, and also to enjoy the incredible well made backgrounds.

If only a tenth of all Bike Baron players would buy this pearl...GOTW

...and my hunger for Daredevil Dave is growing

10. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I think there is a glitch when leveling up. I was able to max out my strength going from level 2 to level 3. I touched the last star and they all lit up. I also got 2 agility on my first level up.

Attached Files:

11. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Yeah, I noticed this too.

12. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Ipad it will be then. Won't be able to game this one on the go but will enjoy at night at home! :)

13. Spudboy

Spudboy Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Went ahead and bought it after reading everyone rave about it. Evel was the shit when I was a kid.

14. Son of Anarchy

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #34 Son of Anarchy, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    Noticed it also, going to start again and see if I can make it 'not' happen.

A reset game button would be handy.

Edit: If you just press which upgrade you'd like and nothing else it works fine. If you touch the actual stars, that's when the problem starts and you stop levelling up correctly.

Edit2: Latest update fixes this.

15. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    #36 NOEN, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    Finally got a chance to read through the thread this morning. I'm glad everybody is liking this game. There were so many releases this week, but I kept going back to this one. It's such a good game. At fist I looked at the venues and thought, "This is gonna be a short game", but that was far from the truth. Not only does each venue have 3 different jumps, your gonna wanna go back to each level and get silver and gold. That's when this game can get tough (in a good way).

Anyway, glad everyone is digging it. This game is a classic IMO. I'll do a proper write up on it this week.

16. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Thanks for the info. I think I'll delete and redownload.

17. Son of Anarchy

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Update out: tweaks and minor improvements.

That was fast, here's hoping it fixes the minor issues people were having.

18. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Seriously you guys have to see this quick run. I'm still cracking up laughing. It is just the physics of how it happened. Lol

Evil Knievel burns his butt lol

Watch my replay from Evel Knievel
    https://everyplay.com/videos/21989677

Billy

19. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I played some games in this motorcycle genre, not more than 15 minutes or so, but this game is a genre changer for me, this plays and looks awesome, great menu and building up the tension of getting bigger jumps and new motorcycles every chapter.

Just loving it, great job Devs.