Universal EVE Echoes (by NetEase)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Game has lots to do, but does seem like a typical timer game. Mining or other things, can take hours to do. training takes hours.
    At moment, there’s not much interaction... click undock, auto to an area, combat auto, grab loot, then auto dock. Fit upgraded parts... then repeat

maybe it’s because it’s still near start and training area maybe?

2. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    I mainly do encounters and PK anyone I see mining. It's a more of a sim game then an action one which is exactly why I like it.

3. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Yes, this can be played casually like an idle timer game, but it’s so much more than that if and when you want it to be.

The addition of offline autopilot in high-sec is a huge improvement from the beta and really facilitates both casual and more intense PvE. Take a delivery, set your autopilot, and voila, ISK upon return.

It’s just so good and deep, I can’t imagine playing any other mobile MMO or clicker game now that we’ve got this.

This guy has some great tutorials for when you’re starting to dip your toes into the deep end:

4. Alex DeLargest

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Anybody playing this? This is the game I’ve been waiting for in so many ways. My ultimate non-PTW mobile mmo (with a sci-fi theme, natch); a streamlined EVE clone; a starship tactical piloting and economic trading sim but without annoying crew or ammo management; an idle game with mechanics that tie into a larger purpose, etc.

5. hutq

hutq Member

Sep 11, 2019
    Male
    I’m right there with you buddy. This is a certain type of game for a certain type of player though. This is a true mobile MMO in every sense of the word. Some people just aren’t ready for what it really means to play this type of game. Sure you can try to play it casually. But if you ever want to REALLY progress you’ll have to join a Corp, join a discord, play with other people and devote time to the game outside of the game. Also as a side note this is the least pay to win free mmo you will find on mobile. It is entirely possible to not only play for free but have access to all the stuff paid players do because you can earn the in game currency that allows you to buy the premium subscription with that in game currency. And you can earn enough to pay for it with just a couple hours of work each week. This game is mobile gaming taken to new levels. I encourage anyone who would like to experience a true mobile MMO to really give this a try and don’t be scared to make connections.

I played Second Galaxy for about a year and made some amazing friends that I now play this game with. We became friends outside of games too and in other games. MMO’s are real friendship makers. Get into discord and meet people and make friends. Especially at a time like now.

JasonLL, athros and Alex DeLargest like this.
  6. Dema9o9uehutq

Dema9o9uehutq Member

Mar 28, 2019
    Male
    Are you still playing? I joined a Corp called Valhalla which is the Corp the youtuber Excoundrel is in and Captain Benzie is in our Alliance. I can tell you that once you join up with a Corp and head out into Null Sec space the game takes on a whole new level. I can't wait to see what's to come for this game. There are going to be a lot of updates and content coming down the pipes. It's good to see the player base is so large. I hope it lasts.

Alex DeLargest likes this.
  7. Alex DeLargest

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Yeah, I don’t get much structured time to play and am kind of antisocial in my gameplay, so I’ve mostly been sneaking in some solo T6 encounters in my Caracal Trainer Shield Tank. Got a bunch of PLEX banked in anticipation of the inflation and am shooting to buy my last Neurochip next. Probably try some solo T7 encounters tonight or tomorrow when my Cruiser defense 5 skill finishes. I am looking forward to running some nullsec ratting and PvP with the tax shelter Corp I’m in. Maybe this weekend? I dunno, have to put it down so often due to work that I’m not very dependable and get sweats thinking about ending up involuntarily AFK while out there in the shit.

8. Dema9o9uehutq

Dema9o9uehutq Member

Mar 28, 2019
    Male
    Yeah. I've had some pretty scary moments where I've had to take phone calls and close the game. Thankfully I can usually quickly reopen the game while on the call and the game is still connected then I just start an autopilot to safety and take the call. So at least I know I'm in auto at that point. Auto isn't 100% safe but you are WAY less likely to get attacked in auto.

Alex DeLargest likes this.
  9. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    #29 Nonstickron, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    Hey, I'm playing this. I'm leading a corp [BAND] The Band Of The Red Hand, and we are always looking for active members to join us out in nulsec. We have a nice little corner we're calling our own and have formed a coalition with neighboring corps for mutual military and economic security. We will form a formal alliance at some point but it's a billion ISK to do so, and no real benefit in game yet other than prestige. We have a loot/ore corp buyout mapped out, in the future we will have a defense fleet ship replacement program, corp raffles and contests...the coalition is beginning to organize friendly pvp ladder tournaments with prizes. https://discord.gg/k5swNdq

Anyway, this is definitely not a casual game...and this is definitely the MMO game in your pocket that we've all been waitign for since the first iphone. It's awesome that we can play Eve on mobile, but at the same time...I find myself getting on my PC and loading it up in an emulator as much as I can, just so I can use my PC keyboard to talk to people easier. Only half of this game is the actual game, the other half is interacting with other people, especially as a Corp CEO.

Alex DeLargest and Dema9o9uehutq like this.