Eve Echoes Alpha Test

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Jugsun, Aug 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jugsun

Jugsun New Member

Aug 26, 2019
    Male
    I got an invitation to play the alpha of Eve Echoes that went live today. Anyone else get one? If so, what do you think?

So far, i am really impressed. I haven't played a whole lot of Eve Online on PC, maybe a few hours total, but from what I can tell this seems to be close to the PC experience. Mining, ship battles, missions, etc., are all there.

The graphics are fantastic and the ships looks great. They did a good job with the controls on mobile too. Just like the PC version, you do not have direct control of your ship. You select destinations and tell your ship to Approach, Orbit, Dock, etc.

Several features are not yet available during the early testing, but this seems like a great start for this game. Very excited to keep playing. Curious what everyone else thinks.

2. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Where can i find a link to the alpha? Thanks!

3. Johny_Toxic

Johny_Toxic Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2019
    Male
    Gaming Addict
    Indiana
  4. Sladecut

Sladecut Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2019
    Male
    Played the alpha yesterday and wow, can’t believe how good it works on mobile! Really looking forward to full release!

5. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Vash85 likes this.
  6. Vash85

Vash85 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2016
    I downloaded the beta from TestFlight but after the intro I press at start and nothing happens.

7. Asp

Asp Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Working fine here. Have you got the latest patch update, version 66327, and confirmed the privacy policy? If so, may be worth deleting and re-installing.

8. Vash85

Vash85 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2016
    Yes the version is right and I confirmed the privacy policy. I’ve also tried reinstalling the game but nothing helped. Pushing start just does nothing.

9. Asp

Asp Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    I’ve not played Eve Online so have been watching Youtube tutorials.
    There are comments that Echoes only works on a limited number of devices at present, but I have not seen a list anywhere. I’m using iPad Air2 which is a few years old. Also, the beta is just these areas so far - Australia, USA, Canada, Russia, Europe, South Korea and New Zealand.

10. Vash85

Vash85 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2016
    I’ve got an iPhone 7plus and I live in Europe. Shouldn’t the game give me a message if something was wrong like “your device is not supported” or something?

11. Asp

Asp Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    You get that notification once on the App Store, but probably not from a Testflight Beta. Here is some of Netease Q&A for anyone interested.

Q: Why there are only a limited number of devices available for testing?
    A: The game is still in the early stage of development and has not been adapted to a large number of mobile phone models. But don't worry, we will gradually support more devices in the future.

Q: Will my data be wiped out after the open beta?
    A: Yes, this is a data-deletion test and the data will be reset in soft launch. Otherwise it would be unfair to players in soft launch.

Q: I feel my device is heating while playing the game and it's very power-intensive.
    A: We are sorry that the power efficiency has not been optimized perfectly now, but we will dedicate to fix this problem in the next stage.

Q: What kind of payment method will be adopted when EVE Echoes is officially launched?
    A: We are still discussing about this and will attach great importance to your suggestions. If you have any good idea about the payment method of EVE Echoes, please tell us on Discord or via email [email protected]

12. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Open beta closed today, but it sounds like there is going to be another closed test period before release. Here’s hoping it’s not too long and at least a soft launch is coming soon.