iPad Eufloria - (by Omni Systems)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by LOLavi, Aug 23, 2012.

1. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    #1 LOLavi, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012

Eufloria

Omni Systems Limited
    ** Runner Up in Apple's Game of the Year ** Achieved #1 Paid App and Top Ten Games Worldwide ** BAFTA and IGF award nomi…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ** Runner Up in Apple's Game of the Year ** Achieved #1 Paid App and Top Ten Games Worldwide ** BAFTA and IGF award nominated Experience “Eufloria”, an incredibly addictive ambient strategy game that anyone can play! Explore a beautifully realized universe rendered in a style that is unique and compelling. "It's hard to express how much we love Eufloria" - Pocket Lint (App of the Day) "Soothing ambient music, beautiful abstraction… one of the most enjoyably relaxing wars we've ever waged" - Mac Life "The most stylish and unique RTS you’ve ever seen" - AppAdvice “Fluffy seed death meet enchanting RTS” - 4gamer.net (Japan) NOTE: This is the iPhone only version. There is also a Universal App which supports iPad and iPhone, and includes additional Milieu ambient music tracks. Experience space exploration, conquest, plant growth and bio mechanical evolution. Conquer asteroids in deep space and use their resources to grow and nurture semi-organic plants and creatures to do your bidding. Plan your strategy against AI opponents that all vie for the same resources and offer fierce opposition. Eufloria is easy to learn, and enjoyable to master. It’s a game for everyone. Try it now! FEATURES * Beautifully designed touch screen interface * A 25 level Story Mode with many hours of gameplay. * “Relaxed Mode”, for a more ambient experience which anyone can enjoy. * Skirmish levels that can be played over and over. * “Dark Matter Mode” for a stylish, more challenging way to play. * Original ambient soundtrack by “Milieu”. * Many procedurally generated levels which are different every time! * Twenty achievements for Game Center users. * iCloud support (automatic game progress save, not current level progress) * Game session in progress saved (automatic within level save when switching apps) CRITICAL ACCLAIM “A beautiful and entrancing addition to the iOS library.” - Digital Spy “A truly standout game on the platform.” - iLounge “…-a unique real-time strategy experience” - Gamespot "It's truly in a league of it's own" - Boing Boing "Planting a garden never felt so cutthroat" - Kotaku "This game is fast becoming an instant iOS gaming classic" - Mobile Tech Review “Elegantly simple and startlingly beautiful, it deserves to be played by everybody.” - PSN Stores “…-gentle poetry.” - Wired magazine * Some quotes refer to PC/Sony PlayStation 3 versions
    Information
    Seller:Omni Systems Limited
    Genre:Puzzle, Strategy
    Release:Aug 23, 2012
    Updated:Aug 18, 2017
    Version:1.2.1
    Size:47.8 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (6)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Universal HD version: http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/eufloria-hd/id484072119?mt=8

Eufloria HD got a universal update and they also released an iPhone only version of it!

2. nekros

nekros Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Ow, my finances!

Bang! Right in the wallet. Been waiting for this one, looks very interesting. I will put my money where my mouth is, since the developer is supporting a universal version.

3. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Very cool that they made the old version universal instead of having separate iPhone/iPad versions.

4. Universal? Awesome.

5. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    The HD one went universal. This version is iPhone only but cheaper.

6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

There is absolutely no excuse why someone shouldn`t buy an Universal Build and choose instead of the normal Build. It`s like going into a Bar and ordering a milk instead of their best drink that probably will knock you down the Moment you drink it.

Besides that:

I`m so getting bankrupt this Month. I can literally feel how my Credit Card will explode next Week.

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hell
    Dude, you already own the HD version of this. :p

8. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#8 Sanuku, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hell
  10. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & Translator
    a[V-O-I-D]
    So... I bought the HD version the day it came out... but the HD version only runs on iPhone 4 and 4S, right?

Does this iPhone/iPod only version run on 4th gen Touch devices?

11. Zadonitz

Zadonitz Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Finally!!!!!!!

12. Hoodie78

Hoodie78 Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Much respect and appreciation for your contributions to the community here, but the Universal is 3x the size and almost double the price.

Not to nitpick- it's just that whenever I see people singing the praises of Universal I always think "But I don't want tons of iPad Retina art assets sitting on my phone!"

Anyway, downloading now. Vanilla build :)

13. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    +1. Take a look at Supermagical. Perfect example of iPad Retina assets taking up a MASSIVE amount of space that I will never ever need...

14. Urthop

Urthop Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Oh there is, it's called not owning an iPad and not planning on ever getting one :p

15. drloony

drloony Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2012
    This is nice surprise for sure, especially for those of us with the HD version. Very nice to see the devs still updating the game. Love it, and for those who still might not have played this, it holds up very well after all this time.

16. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    yeah i'm wondering this as well.

so this would mean that if I wanted to play on my ipod and iPad, I would have to buy both versions. :(

17. sillytuna

sillytuna Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Game Developer
    Sheffield, UK
    Hey all, I've posted a lot more in the iPad thread but to answer questions here:

The game officially supports iPhone 4 upwards and should run fine on an iPod Touch 4th Gen. If someone here can verify it that would be amazing, but we don't know anyone with that hardware.

The game also runs on an iPhone 3GS but I expect it'll get quite slow on busy levels. I have some improvements I can make should we find many people still have them, but frankly we were surprised it ran it all (in fact it really isn't too bad).

The Universal App will run on all supported devices, the iPhone version will only run on the iPhone/iPod Touch supported devices. Does that make sense? You would never need to buy both versions, the Eufloria HD version will run on everything we support. We chose to give the iPhone version to existing players basically, and that means new Eufloria HD iPad players get it too.

There aren't really retina assets due to the nature of the game - the Universal App is bugger because we have more music in it. That's the only difference between the builds.

If you buy the game and like it, please be sure to leave a review.

We plan to continue supporting Eufloria but significant updates will probably be some time apart to be fair.

18. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    London, UK
    I wasn't planning on getting one. Then I got one. Now I NEED those iPadz and I NEED those retinaz. Things sure do change!

19. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & Translator
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Just checked... Tried clearing my multitasking bar and doing a hard reset, the HD version crashes on my iPod Touch 4th gen, iOS 5.1, NOT jailbroken...

Won't even make it to the main menu. =o/

20. sillytuna

sillytuna Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Game Developer
    Sheffield, UK
    What screen does it get to? On the 3GS it takes quite a while before the game starts so you need to wait a bit.

It certainly shouldn't do anything which requires a hard reset and 4th gen ought to just work.

If anyone else can confirm this then I'll try and source a device. Similarly, I'm not sure what'll happen on a 3rd gen device.