Universal Euclidean Lands (by kunabi brother GmbH)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 12, 2017.

1. EuclideanLands

EuclideanLands Active Member

Mar 12, 2017
    #81 EuclideanLands, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    Ok, now you've made me quite insecure here for a second, but I'm pretty sure I saw flag rising this morning(edit, not so sure anymore). I am at my actual job, so I can't check now, but will do in the afternoon. By any chance, is you background on this level green, or normal gradient? I can also send you step by step solution later.
    huh, or was it another level? You really got me here :D

2. Thunderchild

Thunderchild Member

Mar 13, 2017
    Lvl 39

Background is solid green and there's actually no way to get out of the level or reset unless I terminate the program. My sanity and the continued living of my iPad would be eternally grateful if you were to say that's the wrong background colour and the green background denoted a psychology experiment to see how long Australians will go before admitting defeat. I've even started using a strat to use spikes to set off pressure pads to see if that provides a better approach. 90mins plus and this approach is yet to bear fruit

Much appreciated.

3. EuclideanLands

Mar 12, 2017
    yes, that is messed up. I made a quick update and didn't realize that level was still in video recording mode. I am so sorry. That should not affect the ability to finish a level, but please wait till I gethome and check. Or maybe for an update, with background and menu fix :(

4. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Miro,

Not sure if you missed my question by chance before, but here it is again. Is this a bug?

For the spikes, such as level
    , how do I know if a spike I set will go through the ground (as opposed to a spike that stays above ground only) to also emerge on the other side? This is important
    because I can leverage it to kill enemies on BOTH sides of the column or row which I pivot.
    In particular, if this mechanic is intended, this otherwise complex level can be completed in only 2 moves! But is there a way to make this happen consistently?

5. EuclideanLands

Mar 12, 2017
    The fortress with lions on side, right? Sorry, I though I've responded. Too much happening. Yes, it is intended. However, they are only supposed to be sticking out of one side, the one player was standing at, and that's the side that actually collides with enemies. Does it stick out(and actually hits the enemy) on both sides? Can you post a screenshot? This is like a little pun to relieve the stress in this level, if you can notice this mechanic. It also prepares you for possibility of approaching a boss fight later.

6. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    This was what I meant about the penetrating spikes in Level 27 that penetrates the entire thickness of the block to come out of the other side, thus both ends can be leveraged to clear out enemies:

[​IMG]

Also, another previously asked question... Is the enemy counter for level 24 incorrect? I said there are 8 enemies. I counted only 6 enemies (5 minions and 1 boss). Don't think I missed any ones that were hidden out of view (like the bottom).

7. EuclideanLands

Mar 12, 2017
    AAAAh I see. That's not supposed to happen and I have to fix it. As for the counter, yes, you are right, I fixed it this morning. There were two more conted then in reality :) thanks so much for letting me know. Expect these changes in the next update!

8. EuclideanLands

Mar 12, 2017
    I am not sure what happened, but I also unable to solve this level. I owe you a big apology. I hope you didn't break device yet.
    It seems that for recording the trailer I also rearranged some elemets to make it look better, which made this unsolvable. The update is on it's way!

9. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Without explicit spoiler, can you elaborate on this unsolvable level? Which level? I like to know and will stop playing until the fix is out if the game has a major bugged level.

10. EuclideanLands

Mar 12, 2017
    Best would be if you stopped latest after level 37. Levels 38 and 39 have gamebreaking bugs unfortunatelly. not sure how I could mess that up, but it happened.

11. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Thanks, Miro, for the warning. I have now completed all levels up to level 37 with 3 flags.

Incidentally, level 37 is solvable without using the shield. Are you aware of this alternative solution? Even with the intended solution (using the shield), there is a graphics glitch in this level so that the shield would disappear from the player character's hand once it was retrieved even though the player character is being still protected with it. This appears to be a bug, correct?

12. EuclideanLands

Mar 12, 2017
    Wow, congrats. I honestly didn't expect anyone to bother with three flags, or to finish all levels with them. That's very difficult.
    The bugs in 38 and 39 were cause by shield/traps problems, and so was probably the dissapearance of the shield in 37. Sorry about that.
    Now, I have no clue how to solve that level without shield. Like at all. Mind posting your solution, or at least the final move?

13. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #93 y2kmp3, Mar 14, 2017
    Thanks, Miro, for the kind words. Coming from you as the game's creator means a lot to me.

Here you go for level 37. If this is not enough, please PM with your email address and I will send a few more screenshots showing the exact steps. There are too many screenshots, however, to be posted in this thread.

[​IMG]

Just curious, for the move-limited levels, how do you score only 1 or 2 flags since the level auto fails if you exceed the move limit?

Also, do you have stats on player performance so far? I presume there are players who have already finished the game with 3 flags for all levels, particularly those who had early access.

14. EuclideanLands

Mar 12, 2017

:D what?
    How did you manage that? there is no way to do that as far as i know.
    like, you step on trap killing two of them, then you step out grabbing the shiled,then you step back on trap killing other two, then you attack with shield and end.
    I don't reeally have much of a stats, but no one finshesd the game yet, because 39 level bug doesnt allow it. As far as i know

15. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #95 y2kmp3, Mar 14, 2017
    Hi, Miro. Got your PM with your email address. Will email you the screenshots soon. There is no trick to execute my solution for level 37. I simply bypass the extra step needed to procure the shield, thus saving a step to be used up later to rid of the last enemy at the exit.

Here is an even better gem... For level 38, I was able to complete the level in only 4 moves (not 5 moves as the game hinted with the move limit).

[​IMG]

Are you aware of this alternative under-par solution for level 38?

I did not encounter any game-breaking bug you were referring to earlier in this level? Is it possible that my under-par solution was made possible by a bug (I don't think that was the case).

16. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Level 38 was too much for me, level 37 was also one of the best levels, I used the shield as a normal person, y2kmp3 is an Uber-puzzler ha ha, she goes were I only dream of going.

Congrats on this great game Miro, I saw that you worked your regular job and did this game on evenings I presume, again very impressive.

17. EuclideanLands

Mar 12, 2017
    38 and 39 are broken, update coming very soon, uploading tonight. need to finish aaall the levels first myself to make sure it alright. that might take a bit.
    Yeah, got a good offer after school, and didnt know if EL will ever be something, so i took it.

18. Thunderchild

Thunderchild Member

Mar 13, 2017
    Lvl 39

Thanks Miro, iPad saved and 39 completed. Nice game.

I was waiting for the App Store to register the update and download, but no "news" came through so just downloaded again and all working. Thanks mate for taking the time to answer.

19. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #99 y2kmp3, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    Can confirmed v1.0.2 fixed game-breaking bug in level 39. Under-par solution (4 moves only) for level 38 still viable. Finished game, all levels 1 to 39 with 3 flags. Wonderful puzzle game. One of the best 3D puzzlers I had ever played.

20. Thanks for the update! Was able to 3-star 16 once I saw the move counter. Gonna work on the rest now. :)