Eternal Legacy (3D RPG) by Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LBG, Nov 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stirolak26

Stirolak26 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    So who in the heck in the app store scene I'll spend the cash for the engine and royalty fees when the payoff is so low? I think no one besides epic will even ever use it.

2. Krollx

Krollx Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Unless I'm mistaken....

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=67030

3. Vinvy

Vinvy Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    #103 Vinvy, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
    Gameloft is bad at cinematics, and telling stories. And there games never give much exploration or have much depth, or AI to the combat.. So I really have low expectations for this one, especially after that horrible trailer.

4. Vinvy

Vinvy Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Indie devs probably won't be using it, but bigger dev houses could create scaled down iPhone versions of their Unreal engine PC games. Which is a good thing.

5. hoogigit1

hoogigit1 New Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Enter the World of Algoad

What in the hell kinda name is Algoad?

6. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    What in the hell kinda name is hoogigit1?

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Looking forward to this one tooo!

8. hoogigit1

hoogigit1 New Member

Sep 22, 2010
    I walked right into that one didn't I?
    Hoogigit's just a word I made up.

9. StaTich

StaTich Active Member

Nov 5, 2010
    I don't understand how Gameloft has this much success, their games look great, I must admit that, but they never have something original in them or anything good in terms of gameplay. This game is kind of bollocks if you ask me, good graphics with a stupid universe and characters.

Gameloft, you have the manpower, you have the tools, please create something original and interesting, I will def buy it.

10. alchemistrpm

alchemistrpm Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Without a half-compelling story, RPGs tend to fail, especially linear, eastern-inspired RPGs. Gameloft has set the bar low in terms of story telling, and the trailer isn't inspiring confidence.

Technically ambitious, soulless. Par for the course...

I want Atlus games!

11. krisko6

krisko6 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    College Student, Intern at an engineering company.
    Bakersfield, CA
    Sorry, the voice acting in that trailer was horrendous, as usual from the 'Loft. That trailer didn't inspire much confidence in me. Gameloft absolutely should try something original, or at the very least add something new to an established formula.

12. theunis

theunis Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Lol jak56, very true :) I dont know what happened there but if the gameplay is anything like Kingdom hearts, I will let it slide lol

Its weird that Gameloft is producing games faster than than the speed of light :O Shadow Guardian, this one and Dungeon Hunter 2 - its quite impressive :D

Its weird in the trailer some parts look so detailed, and stunning and then others look as if the dev got tired :) So i cant really say, but it looks like something worth watching

13. twittedapps

twittedapps Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Now a days when I see "gameloft" I read "clonesoft".
    What I see there is a Guild Wars clone.

I used to love those guys but... I am not buying them anymore.

14. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I'm telling you, if Gameloft wanted to do quality voice-acting, they could do it. But they would have to pay a considerable amount for that. Real voice-actors cost real money to employ. In turn, Gameloft would have no choice but to charge extra for their games. The biggest draw of Gameloft games is their low price combined with the relative quality of the product. It's not perfect, granted, but for that price it's damn good. People need a better sense of perspective here. Unless you want to pay 19.99 for your Gameloft games, instead of the 6.99 that you are currently paying, then stop complaining about the voice-acting.

15. xBLAGDARFx

xBLAGDARFx Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    They need to go all out with a game, use the unreal ungine, good voice acting, graphics that can compete with newer releases like rage, and just charge the sh!t out of it. Make it 15 dollars, that way they can make more profit (hopefully) and feel confident to make games with a higher development cost and still do successfully on the appstore.

16. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Gameloft is made up of different dev teams so multiple projects can be going on simultaneously

17. alchemistrpm

Oct 13, 2010
    #117 alchemistrpm, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
    Give me a break with this "you only paid $7 so get over it" crap. I'm tired of that asinine argument. Fishlabs did it with GoF 2. Gameloft themselves did it with Black Pegasus. The voice overs suck ass in the trailer, and we'll complain if we damn well please. (It's because we care ;)) Who's signing your checks anyway, the thought police?

18. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa

Lack of confidence is not their problem. They are extremely successful with this cloning strategy. Most of their games sell very well at $5 or more, and they seem to have a very firm grasp on the tools and techniques required to just crank out these games month after month. They won't feel any need to change their business plan unless the major studios start competing with them directly by porting their big titles to iOS themselves.

19. alchemistrpm

Oct 13, 2010
    +1

They won't fix their strategy till it's broke, and it ain't broke just yet.

20. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    http://wireless.ign.com/articles/113/1138241p1.html