Eternal Legacy (3D RPG) by Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LBG, Nov 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naruto219

Naruto219 Member

Jul 29, 2010
    So y'all telling me you come to watch the gameloft trailers and keep up to date with the and some even buy them y'all do all that to talk bad about them now that's just crazy just don't buy it and keep moving

2. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #62 arta, Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
    One thing I'm starting to worry about: back last year Gameloft's A-team used to handle the clones, licensed IPs and original games while their B-team handled their sports games. You could literally hold the game in front of you and see who made what.

(I've no idea who does the casual stuff.)

Now with all the stuff they are cranking out, I'm wondering if they've added more teams, or *shudder* put the B-team onto the clones stuff. :eek:

One hope I DO have is that Gameloft is the mystery dev that licensed Epic Games' engine and will use it for games coming in late 2011.

3. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    those character models look like they try to emulate japanese style, yet something went horribly wrong. Sucks this is coming out after chaos rings and tech videos of rage engine and unreal 3. Gameloft's engine is really looking outdated now.

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    The main character models seem alright to me, but the monsters and environments look pretty awful. Frankly, if it has a decent story, well-thought-out combat mechanic, and an interesting world to explore, I'll be all over it. I'm not too hopeful, though.

5. #65 Mindfield, Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
    Well, that was ... something. Unusually for Gameloft, I thought the graphics and animations here were pretty poor; extremely low poly counts, crap textures, poor shading, horribly obvious skyboxing in the outdoor scenes. And that voice acting! It's absolutely cringeworthy -- I mean that's Sega-class awful. I'd have to play this on mute just to keep from wincing at every cutscene.

Gameloft really phoned this one in. Long distance. From Mars. On an iPhone 4 without a case while touching the naughty place. And I normally like their stuff, derivative as it is.

6. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    LMFAO! Word.

7. jasonc506

jasonc506 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2010
    I am super excited for this. As far as the graphics go how many rpg's are near this quality, almost none. Also unlike most people I have no problem with clones, a good game is a good game. The only thing that annoyed me about the trailer was the voice acting.

8. Zoet

Zoet Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Newcastle, Australia
    Same thoughts here, and I thought the view of the city with the flying machines looked nice, although in a rip off of Miyazaki's Castle in the Sky kind of way.

9. EpicAtheist

EpicAtheist Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Looks good to me. :3 At least the environment isn't 2D unlike in Chaos Rings.

10. seo25

seo25 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    I hope they use final fantasy/chaos rings combat system in this game, but by the looks of some of the scenic it looks like your going to be hacking and slashing, I can't wait for this because I need a good final fantasy game right about now :) seeing as though I finished chaos rings and ffXIII ages ago.

HURRY UP AND BRING IT OUT PLS :D

11. WontonsiPodHelp

WontonsiPodHelp Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Seriously? Gameloft do you have to copy all the major titles that were from the console games? The only reason why Gameloft is so successful is because they copy all the great console games like COD, God of War, GTA, and now Final Fantasy.

BUT the game looks like it's worth trying. The graphics right now looks horrible, but I'm sure they'll improve it sooner or later, but if it's over $5 than it's not worth it.

12. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    I would love a costume like Ashton's that has buckles printed on them...nice textures there Gameloft >.>

13. seo25

seo25 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    I think that it's good that they base their iPhone games on other games. Cause we get gaming which may never come to us if we wait for the actual dev's. But it is a double sided sword, cause they might end up fudging the game... But gameloft has been really lifting up their game!

14. WontonsiPodHelp

WontonsiPodHelp Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    I agree. I can't actually wait for the real dev like Rockstar or Square Enix to make the game. It'll take too long, but I feel as though that the real creators of the games are not being credit for their creations.

15. AL1R3ZA

AL1R3ZA Active Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Homeless :D
    IRAN
    I think gameloft will make a XBOX LIVE clone too!
    But in a app with voice party chat and point for buy things...

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Well, JRPGs have been ripping off Miyazaki (and Castle in the Sky specifically) for many years. And Miyazaki was, of course, inspired by Gulliver's Travels, so I guess it all comes full circle.

It seems kind of silly to accuse Gameloft of ripping off anybody with this game; the tropes on display have been used and reused by pretty much everyone within the JRPG genre.

17. marker1c

marker1c Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Philipines
    My thoughts exactly.

18. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Ok, I've never played Lost Odyssey or Tales of Vesperia, I'm sure they're great games. Personally out of the jrpg's I've played I haven't liked, and the art style of almost every single one I really don't like.

19. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I think you really just have to be into that style, just how I'm more into westerns rather than jrpg's. As sad as this sounds, I've never liked Final Fantasy series, I never quite 'got it'
    and then the movie Final Fantasy, really confused the hell out of me.
    I'm surprised that Gameloft didn't opt to make a WoW clone and make bajillions of dollars. I know they could pull it off.

20. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yeah, I feel the same way about JRPGs. I played a couple Final Fantasy games and hated them. I love Japan and traditional Japanese art, but I've never been attracted to contemporary Japanese art styles such as anime. I've always hated anime and never understood the attraction towards Final Fantasy and other JRPGs. I like western RPG games though, games like Oblivion are more my thing and I'm definitely looking forward to Aralon: Sword and Shadow.