Eternal Legacy (3D RPG) by Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LBG, Nov 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. princia

princia Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    student
    Belfort, France
    lol
    what kinda engine they use ? :mad:

2. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Graphics look like shit. Seriously.

And don't tell me, "It's an Alpha Build." When was the last time Gameloft showed an alpha build and the graphics were improved at all in the final version. GT: Racing had a slight improvement if anything. Gangstar 2 alpha looked like crap and the final version looked just as bad and was very buggy. Modern Combat 2 looked the same. Splinter Cell looked the same too. I can go on and on.

3. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Wait for some full resolution screenshots before judging the graphics.
    Shadow Guardian and Asphalt 6 looked shit in the trailers, but the screenshots look much better.

4. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Gangstar 2 was MUCH better graphically, especially on retina displayed devices. As for Modern Combat 2, they released a preview of it when it was quite late into development.

So yeah, it's an alpha build. And anyway, there's always a first time for everything.

5. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    100% true. All Gameloft games shown, are always representative of the final product. Who knows, this title may end being a really fun jrpg clone.

After watching the trailer yet again, it doesnt seem too bad. At least it may hopefully have actual game environment and combat variations, unlike their other releases....

Which seem to utilize recycled aspects (palm trees, jungles, shooting/combat, character animations, slide down a line/pole, etc.) hoping for a breath of fresh air in the gameplay department.

6. Alienmario

Alienmario Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    from screenshots- it looks again too linear

7. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

the voice acting is terrible :(

8. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    The voice acting in Galaxy of Fire 2 is also terrible. Less people seem to complain about that. I supposed because it's not Gameloft, people tend to nitpick less.

The truth is by not hiring professional talent for their voice-over work, they are able to turn about and sell the final product for cheaper. It creates less overhead. This is one of the shortcuts that I always talk about, shortcuts that allow Gameloft to jusfity selling games for 6.99 a piece. If Gameloft did not cut certain corners during the development process, these games could easily cost 19.99 a piece. People would definitely complain about that now, wouldn't they.

How much did it cost for Treyarch to sign Kiefer Sutherland to do voice-over work in World at War, or Ice Cube for Black Ops. The answer, a lot. This is part of the reason why you end up paying 59.99 for those games.

9. Musclegiant

Musclegiant Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2010
    I strongly disagree. GoF2 had some pretty good voice acting, but with how much content is in the game hearing the same characters talk non stop gets grating. Of course it wasn't five star voice acting but it's way better than gamelofts.

10. princia

princia Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    student
    Belfort, France
  11. Arktar

Arktar Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    The main character looks like a grown up Hope Estheim o_O

12. Pacificsun0481

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    I think more like Snow, and in the trailer you see a Vanille look alike. They are obviously aping Final Fantasy XIII and Chaos Rings.

13. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I swear Eternal Legacy sounds like a joke name we'd give to a make-believe Final Fantasy ripoff by Gameloft. Their studio must be a sweatshop making sneakers as well.

Work your powers on Metal Gear Solid, Mass Effect 2 or Donkey Kong Country Returns, next. :)

14. Pacificsun0481

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Well, anything in the cards for a Castle of Magic 2? *crosses fingers*

15. Stirolak26

Stirolak26 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    #55 Stirolak26, Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
    I really think they should concentrate on western games even a western rpg with baldurs gate like gameplay.

16. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Same here, I personally hate jrpg's, mostly the art style, but the gameplay is usually bad also.

17. Pacificsun0481

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA

Take that back!

Lost Odyssey was brilliant, as was Tales of Vesperia

18. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It's a lost cause. Some people don't get JRPGs, or simply don't like them. It's their loss.

19. gen1521

gen1521 Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    internet stalking
    Tokyo, Japan
    Sigh. Another Gameloft game. I have nothing to say.

20. Arktar

Arktar Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    #60 Arktar, Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
    I love JRPGs, if noone buys it, it'd go on sale earlier, win win situation for those who want it and those who don't XD
    And the black haired girl is a black haired version of Rosa I think.