Eternal Legacy (3D RPG) by Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LBG, Nov 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bob_wocky

bob_wocky Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    You do realize that the creation of Asphalt 6 doesn't interfere with Eternal Legacy's release, right? Adding more people to the creation of a game doesn't speed it up necessarily.

2. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA

It's not the creation of the game, that sours me.

It's the fact that it's being made, which means it has to be released. Unfortunately the crummy part in all of this really, has to do with Gameloft releasing it soon.

Personally, the game looks like a dud...

So what I'm saying is, if it weren't made or releasing when they are releasing it, that week could have been slated to release a better game.

Basically, there are only so many weeks in a month. I'd rather have had Eternal Legacy have the opportunity to come sooner vs. Asphalt 6 come out when it will.

It's taking a space in line, better served by better games.

3. alchemistrpm

alchemistrpm Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    A6 looks nothing like past Asphalts; the engine was overhauled and it shows. I think the gameplay video speaks for itself. We'll see if it controls as well as it looks.

Anyway, EL looks beautiful. I'm more concerned about how this one will turn out, because of Gamelofts track record on storytelling. Also, the turnbased battle system is new to them. Then again it just comes down to how accurately they will clone the system from FF.

4. tantrikninja

tantrikninja Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Wow. . .okay so its available already - should we get it - any comprehensive feedback. . . !?!?

5. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Wow, really shows how unpredictable Gameloft is. Nearly everyone here (including me) was dead sure this would be one of the last to be released and instead it's the first. :)

6. kcmcroxton

kcmcroxton Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2010
    #186 kcmcroxton, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
    I have been playing for about an hour now, and id say the game is ok nothing special. The story doesnt have me interested at all, which is not good as this is a final fantasy clone. And voice acting varies immensly, from ok to wtf Good thing you can turn them off! The battle system is very good, reminds me of final fantasy 13, and you have to option to control either just one character or all. Graphics are ok, character models arent too bad, but environment textures are very low res, especially skyboxes. If youre on a budget just wait for aralon for your rpg needs, otherwise its a nice little rpg. Nothing like it yet but its not amazing.

also you can see enemies on the map, but they just walk in circles really fast and it looks....dumb. hard to get past them if you dont wanna fight as well since they all move 3x your speed.

7. e_i

e_i Active Member

Jul 8, 2010
    New Jersey
    I've played it for 10 minutes on my iPad. The graphics look pretty good upscaled, there are jaggies, but that's to be expected.

8. MrJo

MrJo Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Apparently not. I just recently got Crimson Gem Saga. It's a decent RPG, but I've been very pleasantly surprised by the voice dialogue - especially for a couple of the main characters, the actors did an awesome job. I often overlooked this aspect of games, but it does add value.