Espgaluda ii OR DoDonPachi Ressurection

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by diffusion8r, Aug 26, 2010.

1. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    yes! listen to this guy he knows what he is talking about
    there is nothing wrong with your name and besides, you are not allowed to change it anyway

2. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    a question remaining: why is DDPR 5 TIMES bigger than ESPii? is there so much more content? Is it because the full game offers much video clips (as assault squadron)?
    Cant understand the 400MB for DDPR

3. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Restart your device. This will free the ram needed to play.

Dodonpachi runs brilliantly on my iPod touch 4G.

4. Meta Knight

Meta Knight Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2010
    #24 Meta Knight, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
    Glad somebody thinks that way but I have to I got a message saying I have to change it because some people find it offending and I had a chat with the moderator of toucharcade saying to change it or my account will get banned so I have no choice you can add me as a friend on gamecenter if you like my name on gamecenter is tittysquisher so add me by the way I know my username is epic

5. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    I don't agree with that, R Type diversity is rather amazing, I just wish there was a continue option like in ESPGaluda 2, and that there was one more level difficulty a bit lower. Still the best and the more stunning from those I played.

Also even if not a space shooter or a bullet hell shmup, for me AirAttack have many plus like the much more interesting bonuses system, the shop system, the bombing system.

Also despite it is flawed with many weaker design elements like lack of good visibility, doubtful aesthetic, schemes used during a too long time, and some other flaws, Buster Red is rather impressive for its design diversity using both more classical approach and bullet hell approach. I have seen plenty quite original schemes, too bad the overall design quality doesn't follow the same quality level. Still one that worth to be played in deep.

Also if a game let you wanted more it's not negative, most often it's just because the game is good enough to make you wish that.

6. SON

SON Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    NY
  7. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Does anyone have any further thoughs on this subject? I've read a lot here and on other sites, and I feel like I've gotten a mess of conflicting answers, reading variously that either one is more for hardcore bullet hell folks, and so forth. I'm a huge fan of Phoenix and want to get one of these while they're on sale but don't know which way to go. I'm currently leaning toward E2 simply because of the smaller size but that seems like a poor factor on which to base the decision.

8. SuperWeird

SuperWeird Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I own Phonenix, DoDon, E2, and just about every other space shooter on the app store, and in my opinion DoDon is the most intense shmup of them all, edging out E2 by a slight margin of awesomeness. I don't keep E2 on my i-devices anymore, however both Phoenix and DoDon are both mainstays. If you can only get one, go for DoDon, it's worth it despite the giant file size.

BTW, I don't agree that DoDon is the best shmup on the app store, it's just the craziest and most intense. IMO, the absolute best schmup on the app store is Lightning Fighter.

9. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    #29 seyoon, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
    Same here! Lightning Fighter weaponry makes me feel like a young kid in the arcades again. Too bad none of these 3 greats have had an iPad version yet.

10. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Oh shit. LF is one of the only bh/shmups that I don't have. It's only a dollar?!?! Grabbing it now. Thanks for the heads up guys. But better than the CAVE shooters? Let's see about that :].

11. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    Not at all, CAVE shooters are way better IMHO

12. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    Personal preference really. I'll take LF any day.

13. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    #33 Qordobo, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
    Try both demo you'll get a good feeling about both games. I would advise pick them both but if you need only one then go for ESPGaluda 2.

Dodonpachi pushed too far the formula and then could please to some extreme fans but the view of ESPGaluga 2 is just much more clear, just look weapon fire abuse in Dodonpachi and compare with ESPGaluda 2, the first is a real abuse obscuring sort of half of the screen when ESPG2 is much more smart in its approach.

Also in Dodonpachi the little bonus coming to you after to have kill something have a general look in the same category than other stuff, hence a vague confusion between them and some other element. ESPG2 use 4 different look, fire, enemy bullets, bonus, enemies and elements, this smart choice improving a lot the view clarity.